RC Competitor

Thinking about getting a E-revo. Please help.

I currently own a Rustler and will soon be putting a Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT in it. While visiting my LHS I came across a 1/16 e-revo and I thought it looked amazing. So I have been wanting to get the mini e-revo but was thinking to myself why do people like the 1/10 (more like 1/8) e-revo so much. The more I look around at other posts, videos and think about it the more I want the regular size e-revo with the brushless setup to make it "bullet proof" and no worries about crappy titan motors going out. I don't currently race and the areas that I drive in are mainly asphalt, grass and when possible dirt . If I would get one I would probably be using SPC 2S 6000mah lipos since they work with the rustler. Does anyone have a recommendation on if this would be a good setup or what to change to get a better setup? Thanks for everyones help.

I think you have answered you own Q&A. I went out with my new radar gun & with my 2s 8000 28c geared 21/54 I hit 54 mph. Went up the curb, about hit the mail box & cartwheeled several times across the yard. I think you will enjoy the BL Revo..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    87 GN thanks for your help. Also what charger are you using with the 2s 8000 battery packs. I'm using a hyperion 606 with 6 amp max charge and it can only handle 50 watts. I would love to charge a 2s 6000 at 2c speeds.

Icharger 208B - It is a 20 amps, 350 watts, 8S lipos, & a HP power supply. I am charging in parallel @ 16 amps. With balancing takes about an hour on normal charge. I have not tried the fast charge yet.. Icharger has one of the best warrenties..
    http://www.progressiverc.com/battery-chargers.html

RC Competitor
    That does not look like a bad price. Probably will be able to find it for a little cheaper at other sites. What DC power supply are you using to charge with? Thanks again for the reply.

RC Champion
    with all respect for the MERV....no matter how fascinating , Big brother will never bore you...
    Slightly Addicted

RC Competitor
    Yeah thats what I have figured out. The merv is nice and small but i guess the problem is when it comes to going off road aka grass and dirt for me.

What DC power supply are you using to charge with?

This > DPS-600PB HP 575W Power Supply Proliant DL380 G4
    Takes a few step to make it work. Some soldering...

RC Competitor
    Well they always say to recycle lol. I would have never thought about using a computer power supply.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The erevo is a tough truck to explain to people. I simply say its the most capable rc vehicle on the market. The variety of setups you can run is amazing.

Also, computer power supplies are fantastic. Mine isn't so pretty, but it cost hardly anything to put together.

RC Competitor
    I use the new hitec X4 with 20amp 350watt power supply.

The charger was 169.99 and the power supply was 100$ but I can charge 4 3s lipos in only 55minutes

RC Competitor
    Thanks everyone for your help and advise.

RC Competitor
    Can I get everyones opinion on which charger I should get.

Icharger 206B, 300W max power, 20A max charge rate, single charging port:
    o 7.4V 6000mah LIPO charged at 2C- .5 hour charge time, rate 12A, Charge two batteries in hour. Get one battery every .5 hour for rustler, Get two batteries every 1 hour for e-revo.
    o 7.4V 8000mah LIPO charged at 2C- .5 hour charge time, rate 16A (2 battery per hour), Charge 2 batteries in hour. Get one battery every .5 hour for rustler, Get two batteries every 1 hour for e-revo.
    Hitec X2, 200W max power (per port), 10A max charge rate (per port), dual charging port:
    o 7.4V 6000mah LIPO charged at 2Cish- .6 hour charge time, rate 10A, Charge 1.66 batteries in hour (per port). Get one battery (or two batteries if they are started at the same time) every .6 for rustler, Get two batteries every .6 for e-revo.
    o 7.4V 8000mah LIPO charged at 2Cish- .8 hour charge time, rate 10A (1 battery per .8 hour), Charge 1 batteries .8 hour (per port). Get two batteries every .8 hour for rustler, Get two batteries every .8 for e-revo.

I kind of like the Hitec X2 charger a little better then the Icharger 206B for the simple fact that it has two charging ports. The one thing that I don't like about the Hitec x2 is that it can not charge a single battery as fast as the Icharger but the difference in the charge time is not really that noticeable now that I think about it, unless you talk about a 8000mah battery. My current setup consists of two 5000mah nimh and as of this coming Friday two SPC 6000mah 30C hard case LIPOs. The only reason that I mentioned the 8000mah battery is just for future proofing if I ever decide to go bigger on the battery. I welcome anyones feedback no matter if you hate this setup or if you have another idea of what I should do. Thanks again everyone.

RC Racer
    From the specs you posted, I like the Hitec better myself. How much does it cost?

I have the hyperion 15A duo charger and being able to do 2 at once is really cool. Especially with the dual battery trucks such as the revo.

RC Competitor
    I don't know how much the hitec x2 runs for off of the top of my head but I bet it is cheaper then the hyperion. Like I said I really love the idea of being able to charge at least two batteries at the same time. That will become very true when ever I csn afford to get a e-revo.

RC Competitor
    Does anyone have any experience with either of these charges? Also can any one recommend a good dc power supply that can power the charges. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    That don't look to bad. It will defiantly have enough power for the hi-tech x2

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    The erbe will amaze you. I am amazed every time I run it.

RC Champion
    Well put.... I am especially always amazed when you pound through the terrain, make a turn or jump that somehow makes it tumble and by luck and sometimes a little throttle, holding breath , finding that it gets back on all four (most of the time) only to race on again
    Slightly Addicted