Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Been a little while since I have done an update on this, one and original build thread of mine.. Awesome to see the entire life of my vehicle, and its ever evolving status... Real cool

First things first... Workspace was completed, with the shelving completed on the other side, when it became available. And much needed... I want even more..

2nd, I got Trenchers, along with my ladies.. Hers is done, and driving like a champ, and being enjoyed alot. Awesome to have two trucks driving together.. So much so it inspired me to hurry and build MORE!

Really enjoying the Trencher tires. Even more than the Mashers Tires. I do have a set of new Mashers to get a real comparison to. I also have a new set of MOnster Jams, and 2 sets of Glocs as extra for both pedes....

The ladies pede is all done, although it still doesnt have a body. As for Right now, I have EIGHT bodies to paint.... Almost ridiculous.. For different purposes.. But im using my original body, only held on by a boad load of duck tape, and she is using a old clear body I have..

For the Ladies Pede, Visit Here:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...k-a-Pede-Build

As for my Pede, I added the new tires, the 2nd Pro4 Motor (to run 3S also) The SNappy RC mount, and I installed the "dreadend" Type Big Tube aluminum links. Super strong....

Also added a REM Tranny as well...REALLY Helps with any heat issues... No more worries there.

And next, I havent done any word to the 1/16 scale... Its still getting dyed, and what not.. But... I have a 3rd Hooked up Pede, 4th total(one stock) getting put together real fast. Bot my bro in law, and pops love to drive my trucks... They have to share the 2 others I have. Putting anouther together, will allow em to drive them together, for a total of 3. It will also be my waterproof pede through the winter, with its blue matching the velineion system.

As of today, This is where it stands. its getting finised real fast. In one week, so that its ready by the next time I get with my family.

Along with the other thread, Il be posting pics of it on here. This thread should be changed to .. Absolute Stampede Rebuilds (S) lol.

For its thread, visit here...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ect!-New-build!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

last but not least.

My 100mph Rustler is also completed.... Thing is Whicked! 6S on 2wd is INSANE! no other words.... Its truely amazing, how much power. When u throttle it, it makes a little hurricane behind it, and any paper, or light objects get blown off the table. Truely incredible....

For a Thread of the Rustler, in its completed form. Visit this thread:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...r-Mean-Rustler!

Funny thing... Just when u think things are done, and by thing I mean even one specific vehicle... It never is. Always evolving, always changing. And this thread really hits it home for me. When I first started this whole thing, it was just to get a body, and tires so itd look good sitting on a shelf. Than it was all over from there, and now, just over 2 years later. Here I am . With all these RCs, and more addicted, more commited than ever. Reason I dont care about how much I spend, is cuz I know I will be enjoying it for a long time, and things are really starting to pay off. Besides my enjoyment, but now my entire family is very envolved, and interested in my Hobby...Now a days, I show up without my trucks, and people are sad. They are having a blast driving my Trucks, and I get big ol crowds doing so, Including today. Amazing what this hobby does, and I wouldnt change anything for the world!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Funny thing... Just when u think things are done, and by thing I mean even one specific vehicle... It never is. Always evolving, always changing. And this thread really hits it home for me. When I first started this whole thing, it was just to get a body, and tires so itd look good sitting on a shelf. Than it was all over from there, and now, just over 2 years later. Here I am . With all these RCs, and more addicted, more commited than ever. Reason I dont care about how much I spend, is cuz I know I will be enjoying it for a long time, and things are really starting to pay off. Besides my enjoyment, but now my entire family is very envolved, and interested in my Hobby...Now a days, I show up without my trucks, and people are sad. They are having a blast driving my Trucks, and I get big ol crowds doing so, Including today. Amazing what this hobby does, and I wouldnt change anything for the world!
    So so true man! Always a pleasure to see your updates my friend. Crazy all the RC's we've gained over this short period of time. Funny how backwards we've went with RC spaces. You went from the kitchen table to a build room, & I went from build room to the kitchen table/ attic. LOL I moved my build space to the attic, stays around 78-80* during the summer. It's all for the good and wouldnt change that. I do anything for the kiddos. I could be building up there but I told the wife i'd much rather build where you guys are otherwise you would think I was hiding from yall. haha Anyways.

Have you thought about using the Slayer links for the steering links. Maybe when those bust or down the road you could do that. I used long rod ends to get the length. If you wanted to keep the SS look you could use the 5918 steel slayer links. Just an idea, by no means do you have to. I think i'm running just a tad more toe-out than the stock Protrac setup when I did this.

Oh and i'm curious to see how the P4de/ Sl4sh front end mod im doing on the Rusty build is going to work out. It took a little thinking and modding to get it to work to my liking, but in the end I think it's going to be sweet. For a bashers stand point i'm not sure it would hold up. The front top shock stand outs are about 1/2 to 5/8" from the tower. For a pavement runner it should be ok, maybe a basher that would snap the bolt. I know closer to the tower would be way more ridgid. I don't plan on taking it on any ramps or skate parks in the near future. haha

I'm like you man I've got so much stuff going on its crazy. I have my P4de split in 2 and the rear end in pieces. I'm going to yank the shock towers off and install another set so I can put my new Black Widow body on it. It's the one I posted up here a week or so ago.

Just thought i'd share some good times with ya. Didnt mean to jack your thread. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Loot you are a trip my friend! Love your enthusiasm. You keep me motivated and impressed that's for sure. Love the builds!

@ Digg: Not at al brotha, I love hearing your similarities,and u and I have evolved, in very similar ways this entire time. Its awesome Good to hear bro, Im stuck with debating on when I get working on my 4x4, If I gofor a Pede 4x4 is it can use all my bodies, and be similar to all my other trucks, or If I make it a Slash 4x4 MT. Tough choice... Ive been keepn an eye on ur build, and its going great! I know what u mean by the bolt, long stainless bolts bend real easy, if u use a black oxided one, Im sure ud be okay even to jump, maybe?

Oh, and as for the rod ends. I have, but the ones on now are supers strong. They work real well, and show no signs of wear or breaking. They are like Revo Push Rods I believe. I do however need some SS looking ones for my ladies Cambers to match the Red ones I got.

@dirty don: Thanks man I got bit by the bug so hard, and this thread always makes me laugh, because of how much I had spent when I first started, and I thought that was a trip. lol... HA! Thanks for the kind words bro.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.

@ Digg: Not at al brotha, I love hearing your similarities,and u and I have evolved, in very similar ways this entire time. Its awesome Good to hear bro, Im stuck with debating on when I get working on my 4x4, If I gofor a Pede 4x4 is it can use all my bodies, and be similar to all my other trucks, or If I make it a Slash 4x4 MT. Tough choice... Ive been keepn an eye on ur build, and its going great!
    Thanks man!! It's really going to depend on what you want. I know that doesnt help much. If you are wanting a short wheelbase or a long wheelbase. They can both be setup similar except for bodies. Like you said if you keep it a P4de you can utilize the bodies you have, but we both know that isnt going to happen. I love painting new shells and so do you. LOL I've found those big SC bodies hold up really well to bashing.

I know what u mean by the bolt, long stainless bolts bend real easy, if u use a black oxided one, Im sure ud be okay even to jump, maybe?
    On my Rusty build i've actually been using the Hexpax hex bolts. They are really tougth. Maybe I should replace the black one with it. Maybe see what happens if anything. Onroad it should hold up for a good while.

Oh you should see how my shell came out last night. I stayed up till 11:00 slapping stickers on it. I'll send ya a sneak peak later on. Just because.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    OH MY GOD. I've seen the holy grail of R/c trucks, work bench and spare parts. **** Dude......I'm jealous.......

@digg. In awesome bro. In all honesty I dont like paintn RC bodies that much.lol I like to build, I do like the design and all, but cutting, and painting is not all that fun for me. I dont like the masking that much, and sometimes I have a hard time transfering what I invision, into RC bodies. I think this will change though, especially when I get into airbrushing. And this is coming from someone whom enjoys painting interior of homes. The background wall colors u see in my pics, thats my doing. Both the paint on the walls, and decoration in my house. Funny stuff right? Thats awesome man. I have driven a SC on my Slash, and it was real cool... It out handels my Pede, all day every day. Especially since its a TRCE LCG Chassis. Theres comparison. I still have a hoot and Handy with my pede though

@ramflames: Thanks man, I appreciate that

LOL man thats funny!! I really like painting RC bodies. I figured I wouldnt but for some odd reason I do. Sometimes I get into them and love putting flames and such. Other times I like to just go after it and make it look good. Shoot man I've done quite a few this year and have many more that are in the works.

Maybe one of these i'll get a wild hair and get into airbrushing. With as many rattle cans i have used and have stocked up on. I could buy a nice setup and get crazy into some designs. LOL

The Slashes are awesome! I beat on mine all the time and it keeps coming back for more. Shoot the last time I was out I lost a king pin. Who knows where that sucker flew off at while I was ramp'n it up.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I Know right Check out my very top pic of my workspace... Look at my rattle can collection.. I got a ton to I found a really inexpensive Airbrush that I hear works real real well for its price. 30 bones. Since most are quiet expensive. Maybe when I get into it, il like it more I fiqure even if I airbrush, I can still use Rattle Cans... Do detail with airbrush than back with Rattle can for big areas.

RC Competitor
    Loot! I was an older member few years back and was a pretty constant poster here until the hobby got put on the back burner--learned alot of cool tips from this thread and others you posted bro...thanks for sparkin my interest BACK into my truck (actually got a Tower Hobbies and FLM order delivered to me yesterday, so im stoked!)--again, thanks and look forward to getting some more info or tricks of the trade from ya!

Hey man, AWESOME! thats really great.. Im super glad to hear that, and welcome back! And as for the thread, my pleasure bro. Anything I can do to help a fellow Pede'R

Going around and doing some updates....

How The Red Pede currently sits today...

She is now rocking Slayer Links, and Losi TenSCTE Shocks, along with SPC 3S Lipos...Also added a RPM front skid, and a Spektrum 00oz+ Servo.
    AbSoLooT Front Shock Tower Fix, and Red Alum Tie bar.

Usually I run Trenchers, however for High Traction Concrete, MJs do well.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-27-2013 at 05:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Love the black and red scheme. Looks sick. What body you use on it?
    Bash it `til it bleeds!!

Thanks Man, I run a Proline Raptor, but its trashed. I got a new body coming for it... got 7 bodies, 6 more to paint.

This body....

Than I got a dedicated Hummer body for the Gold-Spec..