Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Came BACK.... & With a new BUILD(s) plus Questions..

Hey guys!
    Sure has been a while since I have posted anything here. First I want to say that I miss this community, and am happy to be coming back. Thank u for those who reached out to me in that time, and I do miss u guys, especially some of you that I had a great friendship with. One thing about this hobby, no matter how long il be away (not planning any more) I know Il be back. I'm a lifer..... I've been back in the hobby for a month now, however 3 out of those 4 weeks were spent in the Hospital. Long story short, some problem with my GI system shutting down, and not functioning. They still don't know what's up, but good news is I'm not dead, and I have a new perspective on things. This event is along the lines of why I've been away. I broke up with my lady about a year ago, and I did the single guy dating thing and didn't touch the hobby for a while, than I had to dismantle my workspace and move. After a couple months, I put it back up a couple weeks ago, and dived right in......

So enough of the boring stuff, Here is what I have been up to.....

Had to put the workspace back up first. Without this, nothing is as smooth for me. For me to really get creative, I need a nice clean workspace to build on. So I had to put it back up. Nothing crazy there, a little smaller than before, but same set-up. Got all the lights on one switch, and separately all the charging station on a separate. So no unplugging each other. Just one switch turns on both chargers and are ready to go. Real nice like that.

First, I'll start with a build I had just finished... NOT a Pede, but a lot of you had seen it. When I stopped, I had it just about done..

My Rally built, which will soon be a Merv. But I got it finalized. really all there was to do was to throw on the NOS Bottle (my signature) and the T-bone Chassis protector. But without the body, here's what It turned out like.

Okay, back to Pedes.... SO..... here is my baseline. As I said, I had broken up with my X, and of course I had built her a truck. Here is what it looked like.

But with all the pink and all that, its time for it to get redone and become my 2nd, I mean 3rd hooked up Pede I really hate downtime. lol.

So... Here's the new build. Getting this stripped, and with my strength mods on, plus Upgrades... OF COURSE

Strength upgrades:
    Proline Chassis Saver
    AbSoLooT's Front Protrac Tower fix (Using STRC: STLA4136R

Changes/Mods I already have ready to go:

Savox 1258 in place of Hi-tech 645mg.
    NOS Bottle & Aluminum Hardware Change (Replace Purple to Gold&Silver)
    Motor change: Velineon to Reedy 3500 4pole. ( for now)
    Big Bores to PowerStrokes W mounting kit.
    RPM Tranny\ from stock.
    KimBorough Servo Saver
    Potential: Full Proline Skids. Bumper/Front Skid/Rear Bumper

To be purchased/ordered
    (Full brace Swami RC-Not yet ordered)
    RPM Front Skid
    Additional Gold Hardware.
    Castle MMP & 3800 or 2400 motor
    Proline Tranny (Pending Feedback)
    HR Steel diff for Proline Tranny (Pending above)

As for Speed Control. It is currently running the Castle Sidewinder SV2 with HR Fan. Nice little ESC, not as powerful as Mamba Max Pro, and wont pump out as much power, but not to shabby. Il be switching out the ESC n Motor Last for Castle SVT 3800(or 2400) Combo or something.

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

And of course the NEW GOODIES!

So let me say this, Of course it be nothing but SILLY to change Big Bores, to PowerStrokes. Money could be spend elsewhere much better. However, I have had PowerStrokes sitting new in package on my shelf for a long time, as I had got a great deal on them. They are really gonna make this vehicle pop, and nice thing is I now own the Big Bores, Losi's, and PowerStrokes, Il be able to get a real good idea of the difference. That and I also build some Better than big bores, big bores using STRC aluminum, and RPM dual stages pistons with TIN shafts. So guess I have a good baseline of 4 different shocks to compare. All of which are great options. Just ur personal preference, and how much u want to spend. Let me also say, I got a great deal on the PowerStrokes. but they are so pretty I almost don't even want to run them. lol. They sure will take the vehicle to the next level though looks wise, and match what I'm doing.

Last but not least. But Blue pede held up GREAT to rust and waterproofing. Most everything didn't get rusted after running it through snow several times. Only thing was the balls on the rod ends, the driveshafts, the outter rings on the bearings, and also the STRC Pins rusted as well. but for the most part, did a great job. Would have been even better, but the more I ran it through wet, the most I slacked on cleaning it up. So I got it all off, and to remedy it, I got some Proline Pro2 Stainless Pins.

Results

So... There it is. Again, I definatly miss the community and am happy to be back. Looks alittle slower than when I left, and hopefully with winter right around the corner, the interest will pick up. I know that this was one big reason for my big jump back in. Cold weather, stuck in doors, and I am not a fan of watching to much TV at all.... Id rather be living my life, than watching others live theres

Couple Questions......

Wanted some feedback on two things. First, is there anything big or major I should know? Being gone from the hobby for a year? Any big developments?

2nd...

How is the general feelings on Prolines New tranny, now they have been able to be tested?

How is the general feeling on RPMs new Tranny, now that they have been tested?.. Im about to crack open the RPM one, so I hope it is good.

*Anything else I should know?*

Final thoughts: I'll be happy to compete this build, and its happening real fast so it won't take long. After which I still have a LCG Slash 4x4 waiting for me, which needs to be taken down to ever single last screw, cleaned up, re-polished and restored. Also, I have yet another Pede to put together. Either convert the stocker, or just do another. My nieces have been bug'n me for a pink/purple one for some time now. I have pretty a stocker I was just gonna slap the pink and purple on, but seeing as how I have a whole Protrac Kit waiting to go, Metal gear servo, hardware, STRC Pins, RPM Carriers and Castors, I might find myself getting carried away again. lol. Who knows.. Just being a realist

RC Qualifier
    Nice rigs. I don't have a whole of input for ya other than feedback about the PL transmission. If you are not going race this pede it's a waste. Definitely not a bashing product. I bought one, got some flack for it, then shelved it. Just my 2 cents. And glad to hear you are not dead...that's never a good thing I suppose.
    This space reserved

RC Qualifier
    Welcome back 'loot. Wish I could help you on the info your looking for but unfortunately I've yet to use either of them. Builds look great as always and looking forward to the ones to come..

RC Qualifier
    Welcome back! I was wondering where you went. I always saw your channel in the channels I'm subscribed to on YouTube and hoped for a new video. Glad to know you're not dead. RPM trans is the way to go if you don't want to spend the money or weigh down your truck with a full aluminum one. Nothing has really happened since you left except there's a whole new crowd on the forums. Very few of the old guys left.

Nice, & thank u Great input my friend. I figured the same thing too, and I'm a heavy basher. And thanks btw. Im glad im not dead too

For u guys who I've never met. I've been bit by the Pede bug pretty hard. Here are my rigs.... Red one is my pride and joy. Although I think this one might give it a run for its money...

Here is the Protrac Tower fix I was talking about. Since I did this, Not ONE problem. (knock on wood)

if anyone wants to know it: Here is the thread ....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rac+weak+point

RC Qualifier
    ^^ Awesome tip. I just installed my protrac a few weeks ago. Thanks for saving me some cash on tower replacements!!
    This space reserved

Thanks fellas for ur warm welcome! Il have updates real soon! Il be doing the youtube vid thing as soon as possible. When I stopped I actually had like 4 vids to upload, than blah. In the future, il be getting into that full blown.

Btw.... Did I mention I may work at a hobby store on Saturdays? I got offered a job for the 2nd time today, and think I may do a few hours on Saturday. Parts at cost!? ... yes please.

Thanks again guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thefixxer73 View Post
    ^^ Awesome tip. I just installed my protrac a few weeks ago. Thanks for saving me some cash on tower replacements!!
    Ever since I did this.. Never had issues. Great fix. There is a natural weak point there from factory. U can even see the line where it breaks. I once broke one in my hand at the LHS by barely bending it. Sucks and one could yap about it, but that's not me. I'm more of a just figure it out. So it was either replace, or this. This has worked SOO well. Even if it snaps. One will never notice it until u take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    Welcome back! I was wondering where you went. I always saw your channel in the channels I'm subscribed to on YouTube and hoped for a new video. Glad to know you're not dead. RPM trans is the way to go if you don't want to spend the money or weigh down your truck with a full aluminum one. Nothing has really happened since you left except there's a whole new crowd on the forums. Very few of the old guys left.
    Oh yes my friend. knowledge of trannys I def have My whole goal was to get a idea of long term thoughts. But sounds EXACT same as where I remember it. Opinion of the tranny didn't change. I have a REM one, I'l maybe switch it out, but I love product testing too.. Getting the 3 shoot outs in.

Some updates from tonight. Progress has been really fast since its a rebuild. Even adding things, most of all the cutting, drilling, chopping I always have to do on a new chassis is done. Except for Proline Chassis saver, and the carbon for the front tower when it arrives. Unless I strip it off another vehicle for the moment. Im way excited about this one, and its starting to fast become my fav maybe. calling her... Gold Spec

This pic to me is a thing of beauty. I looove the look of aluminum. Those two colors look great. I'm gonna keep the STRC rear tower. If not I have no use for it, so I'm going to keep it. Again, I have Protrac's, and even one hanging on the wall ready to go, but I want to see the difference with the stiffness. When I drove this truck before, I loved how it handled. Dialed it right in, was out-handling mine in some terrains.

Got me a set of both 4x4 and 2x4 AKA 17mm adapters. Think'n i'ma try some 17millies.

Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-17-2013 at 02:11 AM.

As for links, I think I am gonna dye me some Gold like ones. that or black. ....I even thought white, but that's a tough one. IT may look awesome, or total miss. Thoughts?

I have a whole Proline skid set. No longer made, and very difficult to find. Dang near a collectors set now. Think I will keep it preserved, and use the kit for beauty shots... Hard to trash em up knowing I cant get more.

Also....After doing inventory, I just decided to do yet ANOUTHER Pede.... One for my nieces, but instead of bothering with taking the very old stocker, and trying to figure out what to keep, and what not, I have a whole other with upgrades like STRC, RPM castors, carriers, and all kinds of stuff. Il need some tranny gears, and maybe link an ESC mount and radio box, and that's about it.

Looking forward to this coming together. Think its going to turn out extremely clean with the PowerStrokes, and all their matching glory and chrome Desperados. Bling Bling for sure! I think Im in love again lol
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-17-2013 at 02:07 AM.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Black, gold and chrome... sounds like a looker.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Thanks Rag. I agree. I'm excited for the results.

Nice to see you back AbsoLooT1!! I was wonder if you where going to come back!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    What up, Loot! Good to see you're back. Even better to see you haven't lost your touch I'm looking forward to seeing another sick build from you.

We run the RPM gearbox on my son's Rustler. It's meh at best. Definitely, worth a try tho for the price...even better if you are going to run a silicon filled, sealed diff. His RPM gearcase has stripped one of the shock tower mounting holes, the metal plate is soft and RPM plastics just don't lend themselves well to the kind of maintenance a grease filled diff requires. The holes just don't want to stay in tact. Next go around, we are going to try the hot racing case halves. Later man

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    .... Very few of the old guys left.
    Am I one of the "old guys"?

And great to see you're back absoloot I love you're builds and I'm about to sub ur utube channel since this thread has reminded me! Btw I love the NOS!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    Welcome back bud!! Another p2de hey
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Good to see ya back!! I've always really liked your pede builds!

I'm in the process of making mine what I want it to be.. When you don't have money (at all) things get slow. Haven't bashed in a good month..
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Loot! Glad to see ya back, brotha!

The RPM case is a turd. Weak motor plate, wrong plastic, bearing bores wallow out fast, none of the holes hold a thread. Waste of money.

I can vouch for the HR aluminum case when used with a PL skid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Nice to see you back AbsoLooT1!! I was wonder if you where going to come back!

Thanks my friend. Feels great to be back! I'm a lifer. Even if I have to step away for a moment, I cant see myself ever leaving RCs. Shoot... Its been over 13 years now that I have owned, and loved a Stampede Must say something It's funny though. For me now its so tough to be fully into it, without my workspace. Spoiled rotten now. Once I got it back up, it was on like Donkey Kong. Although there was a time there where it was just sitting. But I was kinda spending my evenings with some ladies, and days working so it left no other time

RC Qualifier
    Welcome back loot!! Your enthusiasm is addicting man. That gold and black p2de is looking great as usual. Black and gold are my favorite NFL teams colors (New Orleans Saints). Great selection of parts your throwing at it man. Glad to see your awesome, clean and loaded workspace all back together. I tried working out of boxes several months ago when I moved in with my father. It's so nice to have my place with the rc shop set up and functioning again. It just wasn't the same without it. Now keep up the good work. Catch you later man

Sent from Oser world

Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    What up, Loot! Good to see you're back. Even better to see you haven't lost your touch I'm looking forward to seeing another sick build from you.

We run the RPM gearbox on my son's Rustler. It's meh at best. Definitely, worth a try tho for the price...even better if you are going to run a silicon filled, sealed diff. His RPM gearcase has stripped one of the shock tower mounting holes, the metal plate is soft and RPM plastics just don't lend themselves well to the kind of maintenance a grease filled diff requires. The holes just don't want to stay in tact. Next go around, we are going to try the hot racing case halves. Later man
    Oaks!!! hey bro. I'm way happy ur still here brother, and thank you. Feels great to be back. Missed the community. Hot Racing would(will be) have been a great one. I will try it too. I enjoy trying different products, and giving feedback. Good thinking, I'm going try that next. And ur so right my friend. RPM parts in general, hold their holes poorly. Way easy to strip their plastic. Especially their wheelie bar mounts, which I've had the most issues with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Welcome back bud!! Another p2de hey
    Thanks man! lol. yup yet another. Oh and yet ANOUTHER after this. lol. Family is all about em, and I just have parts left over always, so its always an "excuse" to throw another together... Maybe when I have one in each color. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster75 View Post
    Loot! Glad to see ya back, brotha!

The RPM case is a turd. Weak motor plate, wrong plastic, bearing bores wallow out fast, none of the holes hold a thread. Waste of money.

I can vouch for the HR aluminum case when used with a PL skid.
    Hey Blaster! Thanks man! oh man for real? Its the first time I've heard such feedback. But I feel you. I haven't opened the package yet, but I was gonna put the tranny together tonight. That sucks for sure.

Crappy part about a PL skid, I have one.... BUT.... they are so limited. I don't really want to burn it up... I often land tail first after some major jumps, and take out wheelie bars with me. Its the part I most often break. Shoot... dang near the only part I break now a days... And that's saying a lot cuz I beat em up real nice like

U just threw me and my plans tonight for a loop my friend

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Welcome back loot!! Your enthusiasm is addicting man. That gold and black p2de is looking great as usual. Black and gold are my favorite NFL teams colors (New Orleans Saints). Great selection of parts your throwing at it man. Glad to see your awesome, clean and loaded workspace all back together. I tried working out of boxes several months ago when I moved in with my father. It's so nice to have my place with the rc shop set up and functioning again. It just wasn't the same without it. Now keep up the good work. Catch you later man

Sent from Oser world
    Don...WASSSSUPP ?! how r u my friend. Saw ur thread. lovin ur high speeds. But,I know right?! Its so true bro. so true... I just cant work out of boxes no more. Plus, I don't have much time, and with a proper workspace, I move FASSST now building these, where as a box, half the time is spent looking, and I just start to loose my mind. Reason why my builds are as clean as they are, is a bit of the OCD. OCD + disorganization, does NOT work out very well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    Am I one of the "old guys"?

And great to see you're back absoloot I love you're builds and I'm about to sub ur utube channel since this thread has reminded me! Btw I love the NOS!

Thanks man! Kind words, I appreciate that. My YouTube vids are so lacking of proper camera equipment. But in the near future, I am gonna take the YouTube thing really far. I think there is ALOT of room for growth on YouTube for RC, and for people who can get it right, money can start coming in. That's a goal of mine for sure, and Id love to reach a level to where Google starts sending me some cash money. With the right set-up, I'm confident I can do it. But I really appreciate it. Il do my best to throw some new vids up. I had some ready to go when I stopped. Il try and dig em up, and expand on that.

Todays Haul:

When I say I'm back, I definitely mean I'm back I don't just throw on some big bores, say Hi guys, and say I got back into the hobby, I'm very much back..... back with 3 planned builds.

btw. Photobucket is sucks now. Doesn't seem to give direct image code anymore. I'm having to manually enter [ img ] [ / img ] .

*Notice the RPM rear tower. Not for this truck, but for the next build. Gathering all I need for that one now also. A tranny and two parts and I'm golden. Amazing how fast I'm getting at pumping these P2des out now ha. I just love this platform so much, and keep getting extra stock of parts and keep going.... I know that there are tonz of other RCs out there, and I known 3 others, although they are all Traxxas. But I've really done my homework, over and over, and there is just nothing that appeals to me like a P2de. An old and tried and proven chassis that is just such a blast. And so unique and supported uniquely. Love it!!! As I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.

I've done my research over and over, and watching infinite drive vids, I still see just a magic in the P2de after its all modded. It just makes me excited. Thing is such a Screaming Tank. My Red Pede is a monster.. And I roll 3S only now a days. Baldy once told me, and he was right. Once u go 3S, u don't go back. And I cant do the 2S thing anymore. I plan to dive into more RCs one day, and it'd be a dream to be a review factory with kits running through. Well see. All the great feedback I get from u guys, and my own knowledge of what I can do, its encouraging to have those goals. I've received nothing but encouraging expressions. I way appreciate that, and alerts & motivates me for more and more come......

btw,Ol digger or Baldy still around?
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-17-2013 at 11:49 PM.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Click on the photobucket pic from your album. The next page will have the IMG code down on the right side...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Loot-Great to see you back again. Nice build (as usual)!! I offer my advice on this forum (P2de) still but no longer have my P2de. I traded it recently for a P4de and I am in the process of building it up. It is a great truck also. Again, great to see you back. dc
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    Haven't seen Baldy in a while, but Digger's around once and again.

There's just something about the Traxxas 2wd platform that's addicting. Maybe it's the modularity, maybe it's the sheer amount of aftermarket support, I don't know. EVERYBODY'S truck is different, which is cool. It's just neat that the same base rig can be a speed runner, a skate park basher, a competitive short course truck, a neighborhood loaner- it covers so many facets of our hobby.

I feel ya on the PL skid. I have one on my main rig, and one NIP that I don't want to "waste". Seriously, it's time for a "Pede 2.0, and a PL-style skid would be perfect. Then, we wouldn't have to hoard them like a bunch of nerd trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    Loot-Great to see you back again. Nice build (as usual)!! I offer my advice on this forum (P2de) still but no longer have my P2de. I traded it recently for a P4de and I am in the process of building it up. It is a great truck also. Again, great to see you back. dc
    Hey DC. Thanks bro. Glad to see u are still on here my friend. Id love to check out your P4de. Which ya, Im totally sure is a fantastic truck, and I want one ma-self. Great to be back ol friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster75 View Post
    Haven't seen Baldy in a while, but Digger's around once and again.

There's just something about the Traxxas 2wd platform that's addicting. Maybe it's the modularity, maybe it's the sheer amount of aftermarket support, I don't know. EVERYBODY'S truck is different, which is cool. It's just neat that the same base rig can be a speed runner, a skate park basher, a competitive short course truck, a neighborhood loaner- it covers so many facets of our hobby.

I feel ya on the PL skid. I have one on my main rig, and one NIP that I don't want to "waste". Seriously, it's time for a "Pede 2.0, and a PL-style skid would be perfect. Then, we wouldn't have to hoard them like a bunch of nerd trolls!
    WELL said!

RC Racer
    Loot what's good man you and baldy are my fav pede people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey Chris. Whats good my friend, Thanks bro I appreciate that..

Wanted to shows u guys me better pics, and the bones of the Workspace in its completion...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice update LooT!! Glad to see you back ole buddy.

Work has kept me pretty busy lately. I dont think it has ever slowed down for me. What happens when you are in Procurement for a Chemical Plant. LOL

I havent had a lot of time but i'll catch up on your thread here this weekend hopefully.

BTW seen you posted up a video on youtube.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Looks like a sweet build.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Nice update LooT!! Glad to see you back ole buddy.

Work has kept me pretty busy lately. I dont think it has ever slowed down for me. What happens when you are in Procurement for a Chemical Plant. LOL

I havent had a lot of time but i'll catch up on your thread here this weekend hopefully.

BTW seen you posted up a video on youtube.
    Hey Ol friend. I was hopping you'd still be around. Glad you are. I hear ya man. In between my single dating life, and work I had very little time. I actually ended up in the Hospital for WEEKS as they did messed me up, and ran tests for days, for what they think is Crones Disease, but not.. Could never get a confirmed diagnosis. So I had to slow down. That put me right back in, which I was planning on doing anyways. As for the YouTube. Yes my friend, in between yesterday and next couple days, il have about ten vids coming up. I have future dreams of going really far with YouTube and RC. But that is in the distant future... I got a lot of PMs from people, and all kinds of messaged support, so I am encouraged to share the love.

Its good to hear from u brother, and ya... Try not to work too hard I mean, how much attention does a chemical plant really need? lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    Looks like a sweet build.
    Thanks Revoman Btw that face looks like pure sarcasm to me haha.

Oh, and love ur sig!