Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by effbluedragon View Post
    Thats cool how you used a stock two shoe clutch sping to hold the shoes on, I just finished fighting with those three springs one shot into my finger. Like my dad used to say "if you bleed the jobs done' lol
    Your dad is right, I was a little bummed to figure out after the fact that kit uses the stock spring, but in order to fit a 3 shoe clutch in a stock bell I guess you have no choice, no room for each shoe to have it's own spring like the 1/8 scale clutch, time will tell how it holds up, from what I've found is when the stock shoes wear down you have spring problems, Im hoping the alloy shoes hold up longer in turn helping spring life.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    They should wear slower and if you havent seen this yet AL here you go.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    They should wear slower and if you havent seen this yet AL here you go.
    Thanks Inny, had not seen that kit, I don't think I could fit two springs on the 3 shoe, but that clutch looks interesting I'll give that kit a try, if the springs are stronger than stock they would be well worth it. Thanks bro

RC Champion
    Its not a 2 spring kit its just replacment springs. I found them when looking for this.

RC Champion
    Its not a 2 spring kit its just replacment springs. I found them when looking for this.
    Yep your right again Inny, I ordered them to see how they hold up. May try out that alloy clutch too.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 04-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.

RC Champion
    Let me know I have a new stock one in the revo with a slightly used one ready to go in. I want to upgrade to it right off the bat but don’t like spending $$$ when I have serviceable parts. So it’s in the list as a spare when it comes around to it.

RC Champion
    Al I am naming your fleet of revos The Jones's, everyone is trying to keep up with you.

RC Champion
    Al I am naming your fleet of revos The Jones's, everyone is trying to keep up with you.
    Now that's funny, check this out, can you really blame a stock shock shaft from breaking, this is Revo 1, the one I bashed all winter at the track down back, granted it's got a new chassis you hooked me up with, the Picco .28 P3 and all the weight up front from the Alloy Bulkhead, Alloy Trans Case, and Steel Robinson Racing gears, some guys call it a tank, lol I'll race them. Yesterday I stuck the Proline 650 Body on it and gave it a beating. The last pic is a little blurry but that was the shock killer. lol
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    The Shock Killer, Like the others didn't hurt any. lol Great Day of Bashing Around

RC Champion
    Looks better and more fun than the revo I cant run... Got pics of the carnage?

RC Champion
    Looks better and more fun than the revo I cant run... Got pics of the carnage?
    No carnage, just a shock shaft broke off right at the end of the threads, there are like 2 threads showing, the shaft isn't even bent, goes in and out just fine. The alloy shock end from New Era could have played a part in it, a stock one may have pulled out. I'm not complaining either, first shock issue, I got spare ends and caps but no shafts. I'm fixing that.

RC Champion
    Thats why mine will stay plastic LOL.

RC Champion
    Al I found your next BB.

RC Champion
    Al I found your next BB.
    hahaha hed have to make a dragster for it and those are no fun because you can only go in a line
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    It dosnet have to be a dragster only. There is a nice t bucket on there that it can go in from the shop but you could put it in anything you wanted if it fit.

RC Champion
    Hey al i found a video of your garage and i saw you showed that mill your sending me and i just wanted to say WOW! it looks so clean like its brand new. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKCkmTsLJw

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Hey al i found a video of your garage and i saw you showed that mill your sending me and i just wanted to say WOW! it looks so clean like its brand new. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKCkmTsLJw
    LOL, I didn't send that one, you would have had to put a new shaft in it for a starter, that's a bump box only mill, got your note about that motor being tight, it was running fine last time i used it, dig in and see why it's turning over so hard, I haven't had that motor opened up in some time, heck I can't remember one from another, going to have to write stuff down for maintaince records. lol hope you get it going man.

RC Champion
    Intergy 3 shoe clutch with the stock spring didn't cut it. Put it on the new .26 Maxx and that was 2 saturdays ago. I'm putting the Hot Bodies 3 shoe alloy on there right now, they have there own little springs like the big brother does. In all fairness to the Intergy clutch, the snap ring on the shaft must have come off, front clutch bell bearing came out, I caught it right away but that could have totally been the demise of the spring. I'll give it another shot in the 3.3.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    LOL, I didn't send that one, you would have had to put a new shaft in it for a starter, that's a bump box only mill, got your note about that motor being tight, it was running fine last time i used it, dig in and see why it's turning over so hard, I haven't had that motor opened up in some time, heck I can't remember one from another, going to have to write stuff down for maintaince records. lol hope you get it going man.
    yeah i'll look at it. My dad wants to take my broken mill in and swap it for a new one. So i wouldnt need your engine anymore. Do you want it back?

RC Champion
    yeah i'll look at it. My dad wants to take my broken mill in and swap it for a new one. So i wouldnt need your engine anymore. Do you want it back?
    Nope, use it for parts.

RC Champion
    My experiment with these 3 shoe small style clutches is not working out as planned on the .26 Maxx anyway, they may be perfect for a 3.3, the flywheels don't sit as tight to the block as a stock or Traxxas 40mm does, this causes the clutch teeth to get into the slipper clutch pad holder, I was using a 36 tooth spur and the pad holder is proud of that. Just one of those days, everything I tried turned to edit. I'm thinking the stock motor needs to be in the carbon fiber chassis, the maxx back in a stock chassis and an 1/8 scale clutch and bell, the .28 setup has been holding up to the abuse drive train wise nicely. Inny said the CF chassis wouldn't take the bashing, to much flex, putting a bigger motor in it is compounding the issue. Maybe that truck is better off with street tires and being used on pavement with a 3.3 in it. Right now the only thing consistantly taking the beating is me. lol It's all just a big experiment.

RC Champion
    Al what slipper set up are you running. Im tired of having the pads fall apart on me may go the traxxas HD aluminum pads.

RC Champion

Busted Primary shaft 5393

Took the day off today to hang with my daughter, she's on vacation this week, she just got her license so a trip to the lhs was in order with her driving me around. She does really good. We came home and repaired the shock on the BB Revo and took out all the trucks for some fun in the sun. This sport is way more fun when warm for sure. To the point, not sure if the steel gears played a part in this or not but the primary shaft broke while just doing some slow warm up circles, it's the common spot were they let go, right at the pin by the clutch, the parts are in stock and guy at Hobby Fever said they sell a lot of those. The nice thing is the day of bashing continued, we beat on the other 2 revos and the XL. Another learning experence today was with the warm temps outside I'll be opening up some windows on all my bodies, I'm so use to running in the cold that I haven't had the heating up issue, did some testing and my temps were running 30 to 40 hotter with the bodies on. So we'll open up some windows. All in all a great day of bashing trucks. I'm going to replace the clutch and the two big bearings.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 04-27-2011 at 06:53 PM.

RC Champion
    wow. that sucks. I got 2 tanks of my break in done today and im useing a very old 2 shoe clutch pads or whatever. And you are going threw clutches every day with those bb's.

RC Champion
    wow. that sucks. I got 2 tanks of my break in done today and im useing a very old 2 shoe clutch pads or whatever. And you are going threw clutches every day with those bb's.
    Ahhh my son, the 1/8 scale clutch and bell on revo 1, the one I move the tranny forward on has been flawless, that is a full size HPI 3 shoe alumn clutch and bell. Not one issue and it's seen some major abuse. Trust me, more power causes a ripple effect I'm just trying different ways to deal with it. That is the beauty of the XL for sure. I'm sure the end result will be doing the same thing to my other alum frame, move the tranny forward, put an 1/8 scale clutch on it and be done with the clutch experiment. Trust me, I ran all 4 trucks today, nothing wrong with the 3.3 but when you park it and start up a BB it's like night and day bro. It's all worth the trouble. Night and Day bro. Enjoy your new motor.

RC Champion
    Just some house keeping here to keep my thread on track. Tonight I modded the Hot Racing flywheel to fit up to the Maxx block better, it worked and worked good, time will tell the final outcome. I am going to clean up the shoes on the intergy clutch and put it on the stocker to see how it works on a 3.3. It didn't get a fair shake due to the snap ring coming off and the front bearing falling out causing the spring to get eaten. I'll clean up the shoes and give it another try, I don't think it fair to say the clutch sucks at this point. I'm loving the Picco Maxx in this Revo. If the clutch holds up to a real beating I'll leave things as they are now. If I have to go to the trouble of putting an eighth scale clutch on it and moving the tranny forward I'll put a NE mount and another P3 Picco .28 in my alum chassis that the 3.3 is in now. Changing my nick to Picco Lover, lol

RC Qualifier
    North end of Las Vegas. Not North Las Vegas.
    Looks good to me. and sounds good also.
    Small minded people are fun to watch.....

RC Champion
    nice. bb has all the power i want but they expensive

RC Champion
    You want to play big you have to pay big.

RC Champion
    yeah...and when your a dumb kid like me finding work sucks. Once i turn 15 im working at my hobby shop...the have siad they want me there...they need more smart people to run the races and the shop
    Last edited by ToXiC MeRv; 04-28-2011 at 11:08 PM.

RC Champion
    Be a kid while you can worry about the rest when you are out of college.

RC Champion
    Got the new shaft for tranny and it took all of 10 minutes to get it back together and running, the new clutch shifts a little early so small adjustment there. Got a couple of tanks on the Maxx with the hot racing clutch, it's holding up so far but I do need to look at it, something is rubbing just a little in there. I'll burn some fuel in all 4 of them today.

RC Champion
    What an awesome New England day, spent the whole day bashing around the yard and the track down back. Did some fixing, opened up some windows and it helped keep the temps stable. Almost burned a gallon of fuel between all the brothers, I'm thinking these guys may double as a lawnmower. The Maxx with the Hot Racing clutch is really pulling it weight. I'm running everything a little fat while I get the trucks used to warm weather, Cut the day down to a 5 minute clip, JustGregg I got the Big Joe 40's on the XL so you can get a look at them. The alum shoes on the XL are on the out, it just started to hang, noticed it at the end of this vid. Fresh set on the way and another vented 18 to replace the one I put on the revo. My neighbors like the stocker the best. Huge difference in noise for sure, the stocker sounds like a kitten while the others sound like lions. It's way more fun running these in the warm sun compared to what I did all winter. lol

RC Champion
    Going to try a new tire setup, something I can tape and with some offset, going to try out these tires
    http://www.hobbyfever.com/product_in...e4ea9975d1500f

With these Wheels,

http://www.hobbyfever.com/product_in...oducts_id=6255

I really need a set of tires I can move around from the XL to the Revo's that I can tape. The offset will help with roll and these have a firm sidewall.

Any input from you guys would be awesome.

Thanks,

Al

RC Champion
    Al that combo wont work 3.8" tires 3.2" wheels.

RC Champion
    Al is the turbo .28 revo single speed? it sounds like it needs to shift to second to get the rpms higher. It just sounds weird when your doing wot because it doesnt shift and get a higher rpm sound. Yeah you will like having those tires taped. Let me know how that wheel/tire setup works out. Those might be my next tires

EDIT: Nevermind i heard it shift just it does it really fast. You might want to change the time that it shifts so the rpms get higher

EDIT Again: Insanity it says this for the wheels "Outside Diameter: 3.82"
    Last edited by ToXiC MeRv; 05-01-2011 at 09:27 PM.

RC Champion
    I have a set they are ONLY for 3.2 the outside diameter is the inner lip of the lock. Maximizer doesn’t have any 3.8 on their sight either.

RC Champion
    Al that combo wont work 3.8" tires 3.2" wheels.
    Yep 3.82 is considered a 40 series tire and rim Inny, Merv, they are running rich right now but they all shift, gettin them all used to warm weather. If I'm not careful I'll drill one thru the foundation of the house. So Merv you think that tire and rim combo will haul and look good right. lol

RC Champion
    The 3.8" is correct on the sight you listed them from but thats not where the bead goes.

This is where the bead goes on the inside of the rim.

Maximizer dose not make a beadlock for a 3.8" tire.

RC Champion
    Oh that sucks. Al you might have to try axial beadlocks or somethin else. And i dont really know al, i really like the trenchers

RC Champion
    I'll be calling the hobby shop right now to cancel that order if Inny is right, the edit thing says it fits 40 series tires, how can they say that and not. I'm livered