Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Al, do you not recommend anyone putting a big block in their Revo?

RC Champion
    So you just ordered a savage xl that has the 5.9? should have ordered the Savage x 4.6.... the xl has lots of problems and the motor doesnt have a whole lot of power so you might find it not very fun unless you drop in a bigger motor
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC poster
    What are all the problems the XL has that the X doesn't, besides the engine?

RC Competitor
    you got a savage?? or your gonna put a 5.9 in a revo?? those 5.9 savages are beasts..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    So you just ordered a savage xl that has the 5.9? should have ordered the Savage x 4.6.... the xl has lots of problems and the motor doesnt have a whole lot of power so you might find it not very fun unless you drop in a bigger motor
    Merv, do you have that truck? Just wondering. No worries I'll make it fun just like I made all my revos fun. Got a new motor for sale, a 5.9.
    www.morancy-adventures.blogspot.com

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsemen911 View Post
    Al, do you not recommend anyone putting a big block in their Revo?
    911 why would you say that? I'm having a ball with my Big Block, it takes work, that's what I do, make things work, if your not prepared to upgrade the clutch and bell, or hop up the tranny, like I did tonight all RR gears, 3 shoe clutch, moved the tranny forward, if your not into this kind of stuff then leave it stock, I really don't know why you would ask such a question 911, I recommend people do whatever they want, I don't make recommendations I do my own thing and have a good time doing it. look here,

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brookb100 View Post
    you got a savage?? or your gonna put a 5.9 in a revo?? those 5.9 savages are beasts..
    No Brook but the 5.9 will be for sale if you want it, lol, I'm a Picco Guy!!
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    The Big Block Revo Summit is Done!! Now it just a matter of bashing it and seeing how it all stays together, the new center diff is in with the rear brake back on. Robinson Racing Gears in the new case, HD clutch and bell, all steel, going to keep it at 15/38 for a bit and see how it goes. Few pics of the end results. I think this rig should bash with the best of them.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by amorancy View Post
    911 why would you say that? I'm having a ball with my Big Block, it takes work, that's what I do, make things work, if your not prepared to upgrade the clutch and bell, or hop up the tranny, like I did tonight all RR gears, 3 shoe clutch, moved the tranny forward, if your not into this kind of stuff then leave it stock, I really don't know why you would ask such a question 911, I recommend people do whatever they want, I don't make recommendations I do my own thing and have a good time doing it. look here,
    I got a name for you too, its called HPI 5.9, I have one on the way, going to try out another brand made to run the big blocks, it's an 1/8 scale truck too. I love tweeking fixing and upgrading these things and that will not stop, but I want to see how a truck made for the big motors will take the beating.
    Maybe I misinterpreted this message. I read it thinking you were unhappy with your progress upgrading the revo and were switching to another brand made to run big blocks. My bad sorry.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsemen911 View Post
    Maybe I misinterpreted this message. I read it thinking you were unhappy with your progress upgrading the revo and were switching to another brand made to run big blocks. My bad sorry.
    Nothing to be sorry about 911, I'm not switching just adding, I love my Revos, feeling kinda black balled here just for saying the word HPI, no worries, If I'm an outsider now for having another brand so be it. This place has been a lot of help to me and you guys have been great, I'd never know what I know now about nitro if not for here, I will carry on doing what I'm doing and wish you all nothing but the best. If I've offended anyone I'm sorry too. Peace my friends, I'm out.

Having other brands doesn't offend me, and shouldn't offend others. I have a Mugen and a couple of Losi's.
    Either you are the Predator or you are the prey

RC Qualifier
    I own an HPI too, the Sprint 2 Flux GT-R Mustang wohooo

RC Qualifier
    Variety is the spice of life. Do what you do big Al, do what you do.

RC Qualifier
    North end of Las Vegas. Not North Las Vegas.
    Sorry Al but I have to ask, how much does this thing weight? With the front bulkhead, and the transmission case and all. I'm not saying anything bad cause I can see the wheelies, so it must have loads of power. I would do the same thing, if I had the cash. So really, how much does it weight????
    Small minded people are fun to watch.....

RC Champion
    Merv, do you have that truck? Just wondering. No worries I'll make it fun just like I made all my revos fun. Got a new motor for sale, a 5.9.
    i dont own one but a buddy of mine does and hes had nothing but problems

RC Racer
    Ryder, I got to put it on a scale, it's heavy, I'm working tonight in Boston by the cruse ship terminals, I brought the truck with me and ran it up and down the streets here, all I can say is it really don't care how heavy it is, lol it hauls the mail, I need to put a radar on this thing or better yet is my GPS, this is the first time it's really been aired out, long wot passes, the tune was perfect, the slipper kept coming loose, all that steel might have something to do with that, so now with the center diff back in no more wheelies, I wish I could have got a picture of it going by with the tires all balloned up at about I'm guessing in the 50's at least, if the chassis battery didn't go dead I'd take a video right now to show you how sick it is. lol

Hey Merv thanks for all the positive information, kill joy!! I'll form my own opinion on that, I think everybody has enough problems with stuff to say "they have problems" lol I look forward to running them together to see witch one kicks the others rear ends. lol A controller in each hand, Hondo, You Got IT brother!! I"m so jacked from seeing what that Revo just did, haha it's 1 am here and it's dead, had the whole place to myself, shoulda brought a spare battery, oh yea I'm working, gotta go, some great video on the way of the Heavy Hitting Revo, the summit body carries some weight to it too, lol had the lights on, I'm stoked, it was all worth the work and money.

RC Qualifier
    That thing has to be a tank! A tank that flippin flies! Nice work man! I've been thinking about getting the summit body for my revo. it kinda looks like my 93 rodeo. you just use some tall body posts to mount it? can't wait to see this thing in action

RC Champion
    Al how do you like the tekno rx/battery box set up I have them on my tower wish list.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by honda95freek View Post
    That thing has to be a tank! A tank that flippin flies! Nice work man! I've been thinking about getting the summit body for my revo. it kinda looks like my 93 rodeo. you just use some tall body posts to mount it? can't wait to see this thing in action
    The scales have spoken. The BB revo is 11.0 lbs. The carbon fiber one is 9.9 lbs. The stocker with full New Era roll cage is 11.1 lbs. So the hard bulk head, hard tranny case with steel gears are worth the same as a roll cage. Keep in mind I took off the stock batt and recv box,the servo box, reverse so it all washes out the .28 will handle the extra pound for sure. Have a great day. I'm bashing today, all three.

RC Champion
    Well I'm all apart again with the BB, not due to any major issue, noticed the front wheels getting all the glory so went to put 500 K lube in the center diff, work out my fingers trying to get it back together. Put up some pics of air shots, on the main page, I'll put the crashes in here, she got a good one of it cartwheeling.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Al how do you like the tekno rx/battery box set up I have them on my tower wish list.
    Inny it's a nice setup, I like it.

RC Champion
    Hey al check it out that revo i got is almost done! I painted the rims matte black today, fixed the fuel tank, and fixed the original body. Cant wait to run it once its done.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMAG0031.jpg

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Hey al check it out that revo i got is almost done! I painted the rims matte black today, fixed the fuel tank, and fixed the original body. Cant wait to run it once its done.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMAG0031.jpg
    Nice, what is it missing from running? Where is the list?

RC Champion
    I posted it in that other topic of yours

RC Competitor
    well well this all has 2 b the greatest thing since buying my revo..cheers 2 all you guys..this is what makes the hobby so much cooler..i've learned a ton..al your a whiz..super cool revo mod! i think it should be put in a rc magazine..what motor are you tossin in your savage?what motors do you have 2 choose from larger than 5.9?ae 8.0 or cen 7? i'm lookin forwar 2 seing your savage mod..keep us posted..i'm buying a hpi firestorm 3.0..i want a 2wd also..run it on the beach..or a rustler & droppin the 3.3 in that when i upgrade my revo....1 more thing i can buy a revo with 18T motor is that faster than the 3.3..he wants 200 for it?

RC Champion
    Brook, it's got a .28 in the XL, quick update one the 500 K fluid in the center diff, it's like not having a center diff, lol wheelies like mad, the good thing is being able to adjust the brakes, but even with all that steel in there all this thing want to do is flip over backwards, I busted a rocker post off last night during a bad flip back that turned into a nasty cartwheel, this was fuguly for sure. quick fix with a drill and ez out, then I found a cracked rear RPM axle carrier, it's been cracked for a little bit too, could tell by the dirt, it didnt happen last night. the more you beat them the more your fixing them. That goes for adding power too.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Brook, it's got a .28 in the XL, quick update one the 500 K fluid in the center diff, it's like not having a center diff, lol wheelies like mad, the good thing is being able to adjust the brakes, but even with all that steel in there all this thing want to do is flip over backwards, I busted a rocker post off last night during a bad flip back that turned into a nasty cartwheel, this was fuguly for sure. quick fix with a drill and ez out, then I found a cracked rear RPM axle carrier, it's been cracked for a little bit too, could tell by the dirt, it didnt happen last night. the more you beat them the more your fixing them. That goes for adding power too.
    how would you get a new rear carrier? because its the true track kit your useing right? do you have to call them and ask if you can order a true track carrier?

RC Champion
    You can order a new carrier from rpm.

RC Champion
    You can order a new carrier from rpm.
    No rear carrier only for true track, so they'll get me for the new kit. should be here tomorrow

RC Champion
    That is not cool.

RC Champion
    well now you got an extra kit basically

RC Champion
    I would not what to buy a new kit every time a carrier broke, or wait for a new one under warranty. They really need to have that part separate to buy to have one spare while the other is getting replaced.

RC Champion
    I would not what to buy a new kit every time a carrier broke, or wait for a new one under warranty. They really need to have that part separate to buy to have one spare while the other is getting replaced.
    I agree Inny, I delt with them once already, so now I'll have a spare and it don't matter how long it takes for them to reject the warranty, the was I beat this stuff it's going to break, Question for you all, connecting rod broke in the Red Dot, the mill has been beat pretty good and has been over heated, rookiie season, do you start repairing or just replace? I'm leaning toward getting another mill and saving the repair for a project, what kind of luck have you all had rebuilding older blocks? This will be my first one, Thanks you all.

RC Qualifier
    hey dude, first off i must say your truck would be/is a beast. not sure about the body though... functional for sure with the cage etc though. did you mainly go with it because of the side pipe?

Im onto my 3rd picco motor now. 1st one (26 max) got an air leak in the front bearing and basically i CBF replacing the bearings etc, so i bought a 26 red dot and that engine was mint. got crap in the motor somewhere along the line though and rooted my piston and sleave decided to get another 26max this time... my original max motor's piston and sleave are in good nick so i can use them if i need to.

for the price of a new motor however, unless you have the parts u need kicking around already, i wouldnt bother with a repair unless you simply want a quest to embark on. just spend the 2 hundy and buy another motor. my 2 cents.

again nice truck dude. you like your RR Gears? tip: keep the that funky black lithium grease upto the motor to begin with, metal on metal... you get the idea.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by detoboy1 View Post
    hey dude, first off i must say your truck would be/is a beast. not sure about the body though... functional for sure with the cage etc though. did you mainly go with it because of the side pipe?

Im onto my 3rd picco motor now. 1st one (26 max) got an air leak in the front bearing and basically i CBF replacing the bearings etc, so i bought a 26 red dot and that engine was mint. got crap in the motor somewhere along the line though and rooted my piston and sleave decided to get another 26max this time... my original max motor's piston and sleave are in good nick so i can use them if i need to.

for the price of a new motor however, unless you have the parts u need kicking around already, i wouldnt bother with a repair unless you simply want a quest to embark on. just spend the 2 hundy and buy another motor. my 2 cents.

again nice truck dude. you like your RR Gears? tip: keep the that funky black lithium grease upto the motor to begin with, metal on metal... you get the idea.
    deto, the stampeed body was just a project for a paint job, but it came in handy for the side blow when I put that on, I have a bunch of bodies to mess with and make fit with the pipe the way it is. That is good news about the max, my lhs has one I may give one a try, my two picco .28's are flawless, the max is for a carbon fiber chassis setup with center diff's rear brake and vantage cdv, steel shafts alum shock bodies, it's a nice platform to build on, but I really don't want to put a .28 in it. I a few OFNA mounts for the maxx or Red dot, now I wish I came home the other way and picked it up, was hoping to hear from somebody that has been running one. I may go back out, New Era Called, I can get mounts today if I want to, they will be in full supply middle of next week, the only thing they are making for them now is this little black block that holds your linkage stright as it off sets up. The price is going up too, after he fill the orders of the people that have been waiting. let me know if anybody want's one. deto expand on what your saying about the black lithium, I'm tired and stupid right now, are you saying keep them greesed up or running them is a mess. lol it's been 14 days without a day off for me, i'm burnt. right now I got no idea, help me out, lol
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 04-15-2011 at 12:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    yeah dude just keep the grease up to the gears is what i mean. you've just coughed up all that dosh so probably best to keep them in as good a condition as you can. i think the grease i use comes with diff rebuild kits, i cant remember to be honest, its a little tube full of black grease. i found i had to keep the grease up to the box for the first couple of litres of nitro while the gears wore in. i then pulled the box down cleaned all the gears and applied a generous amount of grease to the box. I drove it hard dfor about 10 months after that service and 0 problems. just pulled my revo from storage as i said, inspected gears and serviced them again. ready for another onslaught of bashing!!!

RC Champion
    I hear ya, the paper work that came with the gears said give them a light coating to prevent friction, then it goes on to say don't go crazy with the grease, so it's been about 7 tanks of fuel with that setup, they shift awesome, I'll crack the case open and give them a good cleaning and re grease, they should be meshed in nicely now, I wish the XL shifted as nicely as the Revo. Just got done running a tank through both of them, same motors and can't get the XL to shift, not a topic for here. Thanks for the advise man. I'm working on a body for it, not sure what I'm going to do, I wreck them as fast as I can paint them, I'm not as big on looks as preformance, I like hang time, lol and I kinda spend a lot of time on the roof.

RC Champion
    Broke in the .26 Picco Maxx tonight part way, got the first three tanks through it, this is the carbon fiber Revo, it got a new mill and some new Proline Joe's. I'm giving the Integy three shoe alum clutch and flywheel a try, this will avoid having to go with an 1/8 scale clutch and moving the tranny for it to fit. We'll give it a fair shake, this mill should handle the 16/38 gearing and big tires, THS header and pipe, sound good, looks mean, should take a good beating, put the Vantage Racing CVD's on it made for the center diff kit and rear brake. Nice fit. Thanks to someone here posting them. Cleaned up all the bearings and soaked them in Sim, this Revo is ready to do it's thanng, if it's wasn't pouring out I'd be running it now with the lights on, lol I"m stoked, I think it looks edit bad edit. All four brothers are put to bed, thats where I'm going, peace you all.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    hey dude also very nice. you have exact same tyres wheels engine and exhaust as my truck! i agree that it is a very nice sound that is produced. could you please link me to that clutch setup and let me know your thoughts about it.

cheers bud

RC Racer
    Thats cool how you used a stock two shoe clutch sping to hold the shoes on, I just finished fighting with those three springs one shot into my finger. Like my dad used to say "if you bleed the jobs done' lol