Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    RC Champion
    Haven't been in for awhile, see all kinds of new names, lol all going through the same stuff I did a few years ago, I've been spending most of my time with the 5th scale but I break out the Revos to keep them sharp, I read a bunch of threads, guys putting in the BBs oh yea I mastered that, lol guys converting, yep did that, love it, my 2 converted Revos to MMM will take a ton more abuse than my fully modded ERevo, not about to bash nitro I loved it to long, but I'm only running nitro in the XL and an SC 8, an LRP .30 and a stock .28 BB from AE. Buku clutches in both, gotta say lipo power is sick fun, dependable, and a 3.3 alum chassis with a locked RR steel tranny with all rpm arms and steel shafts is about as bash proof as you can get, not to mention it will do over 70 mph on gps, for you guys going big block search through this thread there is plenty of tips and tricks, if you haven't upgraded your tranny you'll need to, there is how to vids in here, tuning is an art, but not of sight but sound, and the biggest problem to tuning is a leak, start at the tank oring, then the exhaust, when they die when hot the bearings in the case are leaking, I don't mess with them for the cost of a new mill is cheaper and a longer fix. The best mod for a stock 3.3 is a Buku clutch, when setup right it will spank a BB, a 3.3 has a ton of power that is lost in the stock clutch we've proved that in testing, one more tip, always preheat your mill, you do more damage from room temp to 200 than running all day long at 300 with plenty of blue smoke, we have to preheat BB but preheating a 3.3 will add gallons of life to the mill. Good luck new guys, try new things, read up, and of course this is all just my opinion derived from 17 trucks 10 different BB mills 7 mid blocks and a ton of money,lol.

It's no shelf queen, but it takes a beating and goes like a raped ape. How come your truck is so clean, beat the thing.
    Last edited by Double G; 09-24-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: language
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Wow I can't believe how long it's been sense I've been in to visit, it was a crazy busy summer and didn't even get the camper out, but I did build a new shop, I'm out of the basement. I did get into boats this summer, started with a spartin, hopped it up, bigger motor and esc, big out drive with duel pickups so it got all re plumbed, it's wack on flat water, had to get a Bonzi Gasser 47" Cataramarn, hopped up mill and it can handle a good chop and wind, also got into the crawlers, lot of fun going slow. Here is a clip of the new shop and some of the new rigs.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 11-25-2013 at 03:33 AM.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Competitor
    I haven't seen any videos from you in ages I need to make sure your channel is shown on my yt page. Definitely one of my favourite channels to watch the builds are crazy good.

I look forward to more rc updates especially with revos

RC Competitor
    Do you have any videos on the revo steel gears ive brought the foc gear by gear and didnt get the little silver collet or collar the full foc kit supplies. Im unsure where to get that part or if I have one already inside the std box.

Any help or vid links would be appreciated I cant find any on youtube search but im sure you did a good video on them.

RC Racer
    Hey Al, I'm coming up your way for the weekend and wanted to chat with you!! I need help locking my transmission in second. Sorry long time no chat, Cancer !!
    Scott
    Last edited by Double G; 11-27-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Revo 5309 3.3 new But a work in progress !!