Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Yea, boxes came in the mail today, got stuff to get back together, wooottt wooottt.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Hey fellas, been tied up with the scalers lately, for you guys with aftermarket question, Big Blocks, Picco's Tuning or anything else you can't talk about here feel free to hit me up on my you tube page or at silentdrc.net, its a bunch of hardcores and we can fix just about anything. There are 333 videos on my page and 80% are linked in this thread, you can find it if your in a jamb, I just scrolled down and never seen so many locked threads. Or hit me up on email. amorancy@gmail.com 3 weeks sense I broke my pelvis and i'm walking around now pretty much pain free so I've been spending the days in the shop, all kinds of good stuff going on. Hit me up, don't be shy.

RC Champion
    I wanna see a vid of you running to an overturned truck soon!
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Hey fellas, been tied up with the scalers lately, for you guys with aftermarket question, Big Blocks, Picco's Tuning or anything else you can't talk about here feel free to hit me up on my you tube page or at silentdrc.net, its a bunch of hardcores and we can fix just about anything. There are 333 videos on my page and 80% are linked in this thread, you can find it if your in a jamb, I just scrolled down and never seen so many locked threads. Or hit me up on email. amorancy@gmail.com 3 weeks sense I broke my pelvis and i'm walking around now pretty much pain free so I've been spending the days in the shop, all kinds of good stuff going on. Hit me up, don't be shy.
    Btw I've enjoyed this thread about your builds. I got a new era bb mount and my old m26ss engine from my lst and its crazy fun. Once it blows a picco .28 or a losi 454 will replace it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Double G; 03-16-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: quick trigger
    Revo 3.3 with Ofna Force .32
    Revo 2.5 stock

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY5.0 View Post
    Btw I've enjoyed this thread about your builds. I got a new era bb mount and my old m26ss engine from my lst and its crazy fun. Once it blows a picco .28 or a losi 454 will replace it. Thanks.
    Clearing up a few things here: As I've told you before a few times, there are rules set here by Traxxas. I've been asked by them to volunteer (hint: unpaid) as a moderator of certain sections. We all became accustomed to getting away with a lot, but the owner of the site can say and do what they want and requested a clean-up per se. Being here is a privilege and not a right.
    Sure I do have a lot of time on my hands; the reason being is I answer 911 and non-emergent phone calls 10 hours a day and since there is no paperwork for me to do and we get free reign--for the most part--to do what we want between calls we are allowed to be on the internet, read books, play games and such. In fact, in the time it has taken me to write this I've taken one 911 hang-up, a few non-emergent calls, a domestic and a welfare check.
    If you have a complaint feel free to PM me, any other mod or the administrator.
    Now I request the thread remain on topic.
    Al, good to hear that you are back on your feet. Take it easy and thanks for being available.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Real quick, I knew you were going to take that comment off and that's fine, but your reason posted made me laugh. Did I sense some humor there? And no I don't have a problem with you or anyone here. I'm just not used to a highly moderated forum such as this and I like to have a little fun. Btw your job sounds like it can get interesting at times. Anyways carry on....
    Revo 3.3 with Ofna Force .32
    Revo 2.5 stock

RC Champion
    DG man, I got no issues with what you got going on, I understand, but geesse we bought traxxas trucks, as I look over my shoulder is see 9 of them, we break stuff, we mod stuff, we make them go faster, be tougher, take more of a beating, we go big block, Traxxas makes a big block mount they sell us, do they make a big block motor to put in it? But we can't talk about tuning a Picco in a Revo, I got thousands of dollars of Traxxas parts and trucks in this shop and I can say I've master this hobby and I feel like I owe it back to the new guys to help out when I can but the fun of it here has been locked down. Nothing against you DG I love you like a brother, you help me out more than anyone in the beginning and all I really care about now is giving back some, this place is great for new people but if no old timers are hanging around to answer questions how does it evolve? It's no sweat off my back I've moved on to the scalers for the most part now and making parts and mods for the 5ive. As it warms up I'll be bashing the small trucks still, I love them. All I know is after hanging out in a forum with a bunch of hard core RC guys that's not moderated it's a blast, it's like a bunch of guys hanging out talking RC without their wives in the other room listening. I'm 50 years old man, I'm way past being getting in trouble for dropping an f bomb, not that I want to talk like that, I don't have a problem with the language sensoring, but please, Tuning a Picco in a Revo. New guys if you get hung up hit me up on the tube or mail me, I'll help out anyone I can.

RC Champion
    The number 1 revo is getting a new LRP .30, she's 16 months old and been through a lot of beating and bashing, prob a good time for some fresh wheel bearings , stripping down the carbon fiber chassis and I'm thinking I'll take all the black RPM off that and replace the blue RPM stuff on #1. I guess it's getting an old fashion makeover, pics and video coming. Gonna go through all the diffs too, let me know if there is any video primers you guys may want. Got to put a new primary shaft 5393 in the tranny so that's getting some love too.

RC Racer
    Hey Al, I have been thinking about the RRP Steel Gears for my slayvo, has Dave from Buku been able to do anything for you regarding the shafts?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_lee1993 View Post
    Hey Al, I have been thinking about the RRP Steel Gears for my slayvo, has Dave from Buku been able to do anything for you regarding the shafts?
    He's been buried lately with some Government Contracts so I haven't pushed him on it, we are also working on resurfacing 5th scale shoes with his komposite material for testing. I'm just going to have to deal with the 5393 for now and back off on the slipper to save it. But once he gets set up to run that shaft I'll find out what it would to make like 50 of them.

RC Racer
    Ok let me know before you buy cause I am interested. Already had a pin shear in the tranny so I don't think it would take much more with steel gears to tear the pin out of the shaft. Btw, what were the shafts going to be made of?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Tool Steel, he said its stronger than TI, I just bought one today, you have to get the OWB too, 25 bucks, if any one has a one way bearing go in the tranny let me know I'll send you one for free, I got a pile of them. This is crazy man. What a racket.

RC Champion
    Had a very productive day in the shop, tore down the origanial #1 Revo, stripped off all the blue and polished the chassis with mothers, almost looks chrome, took all the black RPM parts off the CF chassis and put them on #1, trying out the black and mill finish look, found 2 cracked bulkheads, serviced the diffs and swapped out to I bar's, new primary shaft 5393, setup the Gen 3 RR slipper, nice part, put the Tekno RX box and servo holder along with the new LRP .30 from the CF rig on #1. Thinking about parting out the CF rig, or doing a roller but even though that's what I should do I think it will end up as a conversion. I did get the offical job offer and agreed on salary today too so that's good but the job don't start till June 1st. Gives me time to get the pelvis all healed up. The rainy day fund got hit by a hurricane so I'm on shut down with RC stuff, lol I think I can get the MMM and Tekno conversion kit from Tower on Bill me Later, haaha I'm sick, here are some clips from today just combined together, no fancy editing, the start, middle and running. Just a great day in the shop, can't believe how fast it went by. If you guys got any how to video request speak up, I've got diffs and tranny out right now, if your new and shy just pm me.

RC Enthusiast
    Al,you can employ me as your cleaner or adopt me if you like,I'm easy.LOL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos fandango View Post
    Al,you can employ me as your cleaner or adopt me if you like,I'm easy.LOL

Carlos, That's beautiful, I got a great belly laugh outa that one, things are not all ways what they appear, I've been laid off sense mid Oct. and the market is tight for supers in Boston, yea so Its got to be close to bottom, I've never been out of work this long, Good news is I signed on with a great company in the city, nice work, Hi Rise Work in the nicer building in the city. So we got a start date, late may june 1 and I'll be robbing peter to pay paul for a little longer, Thank you God.

RC Enthusiast
    Good luck in your new job man and keep those vid's coming.

RC Champion
    Well guys came across something new for me anyway, was trying to figure out a high speed bog on my buddies 3.3, tried everything, the other thing with this truck was it was a plug eater, never had a rig eat plugs like this thing, I pulled the top off and did find some pitting in the dome but the piston top looked great and so did the walls, so I polished the dome and got it back together, ran and idled great but at top end no joy bog, so deeper in I went and sure enough the intake side of the piston had been flaking off and the walls were more damaged below the piston so that explains the plugs going, every time a piece of that piston would come off some piece of it would burn up the plug. So I took the new bump only 3.3 that's been on the shelf for a year now and swapped the crank from my buds motor into that one and got tank one thru it last night, his reverse gears finally crapped out so I stuck a foc in it with RR drive gears, a steel slipper and RR clutch bell. 6 tanks through it today and it's back to sicko, this thing has the M2C clutch in it and man it's got some gettyup and go for a 3.3, no more EZ, lol he's going to become a real basher now. It was fun messing with a 3.3 for the day, we are pretty well rounded around here, one day a big bore kit in a gas rig to disceting a 3.3, lol I can work on the gassers with out my glasses, been putting a lot of work into the track, here is an update video of Al's Truck Shop and Getto repairs. lol

RC Qualifier
    Hey Al, always enjoy your posts! Love the ghetto shop man, I could have some in there bro! Still have not bit the bullet on the 5ive-T but I just got a Ten-SCTE that I'm taking to the track for the first time on Saturday to see what I can break LOL! Good luck with the job pal.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
    Hey Al, always enjoy your posts! Love the ghetto shop man, I could have some in there bro! Still have not bit the bullet on the 5ive-T but I just got a Ten-SCTE that I'm taking to the track for the first time on Saturday to see what I can break LOL! Good luck with the job pal.
    From what I've seen so far out of this thing you may not break much man, dude I really need to look at the videos I post before I post them, dang, that got cut off, I took you guy for a walk down to the track and everything, I must have hit the dang button, what a dope, got the Savox 235 hi power servo today and the right front end for the sc5, lol that's what I'll call it now, won't be a clone when I'm done, maybe chassis tomorrow. Got my buddies truck all broke in and screaming, pretty shocked really a 3.3 with an M2C clutch and a THS pipe and header = pretty sick little setup, steel RR 15 tooth bell, steel 37 spur and steel drive gears in the tranny with FOC. It was popping wheelies while shifting into second, I mean hitting second and lifting off, not bad. Still like the BB's and really like the Gasers.

RC Qualifier
    Hey Al, you ever have any issues with maintaining fuel pressure while using spring mounted headers? I'm running a revo platinum header and HPI gaskets and I seem to keep having troubles with fuel pressure. Don't really want to buy ANOTHER exhaust system so any advice would help.Thanx and as always I think you are an inspiration to us all from one construction guy to another.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Hey Al, you ever have any issues with maintaining fuel pressure while using spring mounted headers? I'm running a revo platinum header and HPI gaskets and I seem to keep having troubles with fuel pressure. Don't really want to buy ANOTHER exhaust system so any advice would help.Thanx and as always I think you are an inspiration to us all from one construction guy to another.
    Nn, first off I run double springs, it helps, do you have a 3.3 in that platinum? I've tried every gasket out there they all break down fast, some just a little slower, have you replaced the o ring in your fuel tank cap yet? How long have you had this rig? And how often are you using it? Like do you burn a gallon a week, every 2 week or over the weekend. I have that spring in stock too, can't keep enough of them around. Let me know man.

RC Qualifier
    Nn, first off I run double springs, it helps, do you have a 3.3 in that platinum? I've tried every gasket out there they all break down fast, some just a little slower, have you replaced the o ring in your fuel tank cap yet? How long have you had this rig? And how often are you using it? Like do you burn a gallon a week, every 2 week or over the weekend. I have that spring in stock too, can't keep enough of them around. Let me know man.
    Ya I'm runnin the plat header on my 3.3 and my 2.5r with new o-rings on the tank caps, as for fuel I burn about a gallon a week so they are seeing alot of use. I have a bunch of new header springs and I guess I'll try the o-rings on the exhaust again this weekend, I was using the hpi gaskets because I did not like the big mess from oil getting past the o-ring and all over the rear section of my trucks.Changed my glow plugs again too so we'll see how they run today and I'll let ya know later Al and hey, thanx again for yer help.

RC Qualifier
    Well I only got to run the 2.5r today, still working out a couple glitches with the 3.3.
    Couldn't get the exhaust to seal up for beans with the o-ring header gasket so it looks like I'm headed back to the drawing board.
    On the bright side that little 2.5r with the single chamber does very well for it's size.
    Here's a couple pic's of how filthy it got after only runnin about a quart through her.

RC Qualifier
    Hey Al hope yer well. Went to Lordco and bought a bunch of o-rings in different sizes and found a combo that works great for the Plat. header. A fat one against the block and a thinner one that slips in nice and tight, had to clip a little off the ends of the springs since they were bottoming out on the block preventing a good seal. Ran another quart through the ol' 2.5r today till I seized another one-way but that's a different story at least it stayed a little cleaner today lol.

RC Qualifier
    Turns out it wasn't the one way lol

RC Racer
    Nitro,

Ouch!!! That hurts. Been there done that. I picked up a PICCO .26 and two running 3.3's on eBay for $200. Check there for new motor or if you need/want a 3.3 let me know. I only have one truck and four motors now......
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Champion
    Jeez Al, you seriously do have 9 lives or sumthin! What a relief to know that you are okay though! It could have been much worse, and thank god it wasn't. My best friend shattered his pelvis a year ago, it was the worse watching him not be able to do anything for 8-10 months. Luckly you didn't shatter yours (right?)

So whats been goin on? I see you like the big scale trucks, they are a blast! I would sell the 1/10's and get a 1/5 in an instant if I could. Also I got some good news, I am not leaving the Hobby. I got yet ANOTHER revo today! My uncle was talking to me asking about mine and when I told him both my engines are blown and the truck has been sitting since XMAS he was like "you can have mine". He doesn't use it, I have worked on it more in the past year than he has, and I only installed a pull starter. So he just gave me the truck and all his parts, And I charged it up and drove it earlier and it was awesome! It has a 3.3 in it but had SO MUCH TORQUE! It ran so good today after being tuned after sitting for over a year. So I had a really good easter, and best of all I got to spend it with my family.

I hope you had a great Easter Al, and I hope you have a quick recovery!
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion

Hey Merv that's AWESOME!!! And some catch up

Merv, great to see you got a rig you can run, i'm happy for you buddy, try not to kill it in the first week, lol yea I lucked out big time on the pelvis, God's got his eye on me for sure, but I have to give up the sleds or I'm going to be out of a wife, and she's not kidding. So over the summer I'll fix up the sled and sell it, just made my first payment, best sled I've ever rode, I'm kinda bummed but in life things happen for a reason and I think God's been trying to tell me to lay off the sleds for a few years now but I didn't want to listen, he got my attention on this one. I'm 50 now and I really can't take the pain from riding the way I do, my brain still thinks i'm in my 30's. LOL I just got the statement today for the helicopter ride, 19 grand and change, thank God for good insurance, my cost out of pocket is just under a grand. For the RIDE, lol all the stuff is still being processed but it's looking like that little crash is going to be over 40 grand, not counting the sled repairs. Another good reason to stick to RC. Yea I'm loving the big trucks, but I'm not about to give up the little guys either, they are still a ball. I made a part for the 5ive, it's a CV Protector, the ones they sell were breaking in less than a tank of fuel. So I made up a set out of fiberglass, worked great, so I made up a bunch and gave them out to be tested, the guys love them. So I'm giving it a go, I got a domain name and setup a store online where I can sell them and other rc stuff as it continues on, boy it's tough trying to do all that stuff on your own, I'm a carpenter not a web developer, lol but it's working, got the pay pal button all working, I'll be adding a Nitro and Electric page as time goes on and listing trucks for sale & parts. Check it out but don't be bashing me on the low techness of the page, lol would love to hear from you guys with some ideas and thoughts, there is a form page, please drop me a line. http://www.customcvp.com I'll be getting videos and tutorials up on there for different topics as time permits, I can only work on the page for so long then my head starts to explode and I go bash a truck. We may have a market of a protector of this type on our Revo's too, just a smaller part, but they do keep the buggas out of your rear cv on the big trucks. Hand made in the USA with a life time warranty. Sorry for the long post, NN keep up the good work, beat that truck. Oh yea my inbox is empty now. Thanks guys hope to hear from you all.

RC Champion
    try not to kill it in the first week, lol
    Too late Allready broke 2 headers, the first one came with the truck and was old and probably allready cracked, and the second one just ripped apart while I was doing some speed runs today, no roll overs or nuthin. But the things got some torque! Took a few days to get the engine to run after sitting for years, but it rips! And I got a brand new set of 40 series road rages with it, and the first day I completely forgot and drove on dirt

Good luck with the company! If you start doing them for the revo's I might pick some up in the future, my rear drive shafts are loosing chunks because of all the rocks and gravel out here
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Qualifier
    NN keep up the good work, beat that truck.

Heck ya Al, i thrash it as much as I can.

You Union guy Al?

If so hello from UBC #1370

RC Champion
    Brother NN, LCU 107 UBC Man!!! Rock on my brother. Yikes the first week back was tough, man I miss the RC full time gig, lol but I need the bennifits, lol dude I can just about live on mass unemployment, lol the protectors are selling and Custom CV has partnered up with Buku to make a 5th scale clutch. I'm testing it now, I'll be getting the nitro and electric pages up soon on the site. The store is open lol http://www.customcvp.com come by and sign the guest book, I'll get some tutorials up soon too, move some of my stuff off of the tube, tranny and diff stuff and Buku clutch tuning help stuff. Ok dudes really just saying hi. Stop by the site with your aftermarket issues, we'll solve them.

RC Racer
    Been having a pig tuning my engine.. no name mentioned!! switched back to 20 % fuel as was running sweet before.. been half tempted to sell up.

Hope alls well bro

RC Champion
    I talked to Al tonight he is doing well work is kicking his but.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackpoolAndy View Post
    Been having a pig tuning my engine.. no name mentioned!! switched back to 20 % fuel as was running sweet before.. been half tempted to sell up.

Hope alls well bro
    Andy lol I got your message and could feel your frustration, so I looked back and figured out why you were livered, ahhh mad, so listen, email me at the site or come to the site and fill out the contact me form and you can write all you want al@customcvp.com or hit up the site, this is my own personal site so I don't think I"m breaking any rules here, I'm not pushing product here, Dude it's www.customcvp.com on the contact us page there is a form, Who knows maybe someday we'll start an aftermarket forum for the Revo upgrade guys. lol How does HOP UP MY REVO sound, lol have a great day off to work.

RC Champion
    Well dudes just checking in, had the nitro out the other day for a good beating and my New Era mount has finally stripped out, I drilled it and tapped it up a screw size and drilled the one hole in the LRP out and it couldn't take it, the mount busted, can't complain it's been through 4 mills and dang near a hundred tear down's so no gripes here. Now the tough call, I have a MMM in the box and a Tekno conversion kit for the Revo and one of the last Ommps second gear locks, do I turn my mad beast into a electric monster. That would leave me with the SC8 in a nitro, lol but I have the conversion for that too, I may leave the SC nitro because the conversion Revo is about as sick as it gets, I have the Erevo all done up and I think the conversion is tougher. Dudes after dealing with the 2 strokers on the scalers the nitro's just don't do it for me the way it use to. lol I just got an 8.5 fully modded OBR 4 bolt reed motor for the 5ive, dudes total sickness, haha to see that truck fly like my 4x4 brushless slash is a riot, haha 44 pounds flying through the air like what 7 lbs maybe, the revo is 13 with all the alloy on it. But it don't fly like the slash but it will do a double back flip off the jumps haha. Hope you all are doing good, it's good to be back to work the body clock is adjusted back but I miss RC full time for sure, it was a blast. Some day it will be a full time gig, got a good start and the repair business is good. As always email me if you get jambed up with something, al@customcvp.com or amorancy@gmail.com Peace brothers.

RC Champion
    Camping and wrenching, what a way to hang out bashing and fixing stuff, outside the camper with the Celts on the tube, hope you all are doing good and getting ready for summer.

RC Champion
    Good to hear Al been working on my RCs here and there been trying to do out doors stuff on the weekends. Weekdays I usually get off too late to really enjoy the rest of the day.

RC Champion
    Sounds like a good time. Hope ur doing welll man. We need to bash sometime
    Nitro rustler 2.5 x2, lrp revo,

RC Champion
    Smoked my last non I bar diff, finally, all the little guys are running great, was going to do another conversion but the motor went in the Flux so I took the MMM and put it in it, still hooked on the gas 5ive but went through the Revos and did some maintaince and they are all rocking. Really still want to convert the last nitro revo to brushless and put the LRP in the SC8, we are at the 5 gallon mark on the test rigs on the Buku clutch on one set of shoes, that's a big block mill with big tires too. my buddy with the Tmaxx I put the Buku in broke something so we'll do a tear down and check out the shoes. I see a guy posted about his new Buku and was all jacked up, I know how he feels, no offence guys but if your running a 3.3 on stock shoes your missing out on a lot of fun, I swear on my life you will think your running a big block with this upgrade, and on a a 3.3 it will be the last set of shoes you ever buy, the mill will fail first. we will prove that on the tmaxx. Brand new 3.3 with a new Buku clutch the key is the Brass shoes, you need the brass shoes, they run way cooler than alloy witch promote bearing life, you don't need any ceramic bearings or anything special, your not baking them so they last. Hope you all are having a great summer, I don't get in much lately, work has me busy but I did spend Sunday wrenching on the little guys, got to say after getting used to wrenching on a 5th scale it tough going back to the tight confines of a 10th or 8th scale, but I still got it down to a science. just like riding a bike, Happy bashing to my old buddies, I'll try to get in and get some replyies to the new guys, gotta give back, these guys were here for me when i was new. May thin out a few rigs, got a nice Vantage Racing CF Chassis like new that could be a good project for someone, all rpm and titainum push rods. I'll list the things I'm thinking about parting with on CustomCVP.com. Thing is I really don't want to get rid of anything but if someone has a project in mind I may be able to help out, not just trying to get rid of stuff but more trying to help out someone that could use some parts.

RC Champion
    I have been wondering when you fell off the face of the earth give me a call this weekend if you have time bro.