Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Thanks for the kind words you guys, I'm grateful today to have made good friends with guys I've never met, I'm grateful to be sober today, that's the main reason I can do what I do with this hobby and life in general, it's nice waking up not sick and having a few buck in my pocket, that King Motors T2000 was one night out for me, I'm not bragging or complaining, it's just a fact. 7 years it was on 11.11.11 thank you God.

Have a great day brothers.

Your RC Addict Friend,

Al
    Thats great to hear Al , Im going on 3 1/2 years of being sober and drug free,the biggest thing a man can do is change his life for his self and his famliy and friends ,and your right having money in my pocket is nice it all so nice knowing what I did LOL
    Have a great T-Day

RC Qualifier
    what engine mount are you using? is it a new era mount?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by REVORACER24 View Post
    what engine mount are you using? is it a new era mount?
    Yes sir, using two of them in the Revos, I think it's the best way to get a BB in the revo, jmho.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Racer
    Hey Al, I finely got to putting the bb in. I did not order the New Era mount but used the "ingeniousity" of my uncle. We built a add on for the traxxas stock 3.3 mount. Not quite complete but it is looking promising. Adjustable for larger and smaller cb and for different size motors as well. Pics to come check my thread for updates. Thought you would be interested in the design!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    hey al what collet and flywheel nut did u use on the lrp ? i put my lrp in my truck but if doesnt seem to lign up on the spur gear right.. i dont remember what flywheel nut or collet i used on my last one.. i just used what i had kicking around for this one and it seems wrong to me.. it works but the clutchbell and sput are like half off of eachother..
    Nitro rustler 2.5 x2, lrp revo,

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    hey al what collet and flywheel nut did u use on the lrp ? i put my lrp in my truck but if doesnt seem to lign up on the spur gear right.. i dont remember what flywheel nut or collet i used on my last one.. i just used what i had kicking around for this one and it seems wrong to me.. it works but the clutchbell and sput are like half off of eachother..
    Dude I had the same thing happen, I think the Buku takes up less room than a regular clutch bell, cause I had no issues on the last on, this one I has to take some space from the tranny.

RC Champion
    i remember working on my last lrp on my revo and it was perfect fit.. the clutch bell and spur were smack dead even with eachother.. and all i did was use the same kind of engine on the same mount at its same spot, so all i can think of it that i got the wrong collet and wrong flywheel nut.. the flywheel nut i have on it seems longer, making the clutch shoes and clutchbell offset, and if u look between the flywheel and front bearing i can see like 1-2mm of the collet sticking out and the flywheel and front bearing have a good gap. is this normal? i will figure it out but thought id ask u what u did.. i am def getting a buku clutch eventually lol..

RC Champion
    i remember working on my last lrp on my revo and it was perfect fit.. the clutch bell and spur were smack dead even with eachother.. and all i did was use the same kind of engine on the same mount at its same spot, so all i can think of it that i got the wrong collet and wrong flywheel nut.. the flywheel nut i have on it seems longer, making the clutch shoes and clutchbell offset, and if u look between the flywheel and front bearing i can see like 1-2mm of the collet sticking out and the flywheel and front bearing have a good gap. is this normal? i will figure it out but thought id ask u what u did.. i am def getting a buku clutch eventually lol..
    What I've done in the past was take my angled dremel grinding tool and remove some material on the flywheel to bring it in closer to the front of the mill, it's not hard but you need to stay on the same angle and try to consistantly remove the same amount of material so it's true on the shaft, I just kept making small passes around the flywheel and kept checking it. Hey did that ERBE chassis come with braces? My buddy Insanity told me to make sure I used the braces, do you know anything about braces? lol I'll look at the exploeded views to see what he's talking about. Thanks man, got the rear together with the new arms and new stock carrieerrs and bearings. The big load comes tomorrow.

RC Champion
    i dont know about any braces.. mine never had any and if it did i would of had them.. i have the collet that came with the lrp but i used the one that the integy clutch came with.. i will probly try changing them out.. i got to work all weekl and weekend so i wont have much time to mess witht he revo but i been running the emaxx alot

RC Champion
    Al you need to make the braces, some stock parts from the revos suspension Like a push rod and ends. It mounts in the place where the exhaust mounts on a nitro and a plate to mount it on the front of the rear shocks. Same can kinda be done for the front.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Al great talking to you tonight sorry dinner was calling its free wensday nights with two free beers in my hotel. I let a buddy of mine drive my ofna 10tt today he ran it into a curb and broke it... He wasnt kidding that it was a bad idea to let him drive it. Crappy thing is that it isn't as strong as the revo he may have hit it going 10mph at a light tap. For a race truggy its awesome as a basher its MEH. Should have brought my revo instead.

RC Racer
    Hey shizcol and al, could you post pics of what you call the collet? I am having a similar problem but not quite as bad, I got the ofna meshed tonight but it is really close to the slipper shoes, can you slim down the flywheel or what did you guys try?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_lee1993 View Post
    Hey shizcol and al, could you post pics of what you call the collet? I am having a similar problem but not quite as bad, I got the ofna meshed tonight but it is really close to the slipper shoes, can you slim down the flywheel or what did you guys try?
    The collet is the brass cone on the motor shaft that the flywheel sits on, if you have a gap between the back of the flywheel and the front of the motor and you need to move back you can remove some material out of the flywheel to sit deeper on the collet. I've done it with the dremil tool with the angled bit, the trick is going easy and taking the same amount off the entire radius of the flywheel hole, so it stays true. Do a little at a time and keep checking it.

RC Champion
    Gotta keep my thread up to date, got one going in the brushless section but I wanted my nitro guys to see this sickness, there are plenty of pics over there but here is a clip, haven't even looked at it and no editing so it is what it is,lol. This was a really fun build, got the chassis off shizzol and every thing else has been rehabbed, rebuilt both diffs, new style stock carriers, chassis braces, spekktrum 6030 steering , 278 in/oz titanium gears, flysky, MMM, dyeable white RPM arms, take a look...

http://youtu.be/yc4pG6vWI_M
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 12-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.

RC Champion
    The collet is the brass cone on the motor shaft that the flywheel sits on, if you have a gap between the back of the flywheel and the front of the motor and you need to move back you can remove some material out of the flywheel to sit deeper on the collet. I've done it with the dremil tool with the angled bit, the trick is going easy and taking the same amount off the entire radius of the flywheel hole, so it stays true. Do a little at a time and keep checking it.
    i have another collete that came with the lrp so i will try that first.. if that doesnt help i will do what u said.. but i didnt have to with the other clutch and flywheel iu had on my other lrp and it was the same setup.. but i dont remember which collet i used.. let u no how that goes..

another thing i wanted to ask u is if u had a spare engine mount.. not the new era mount, but the mount that the new era mount slides into with the 2 long screws.. i dont know what its called.. a brace? anhow let me know.. thanks

RC Champion
    i have another collete that came with the lrp so i will try that first.. if that doesnt help i will do what u said.. but i didnt have to with the other clutch and flywheel iu had on my other lrp and it was the same setup.. but i dont remember which collet i used.. let u no how that goes..

another thing i wanted to ask u is if u had a spare engine mount.. not the new era mount, but the mount that the new era mount slides into with the 2 long screws.. i dont know what its called.. a brace? anhow let me know.. thanks
    \

yea man I have those in stock, what'd ya do strip out a hole? Best investment right, go to the depot and get a metric tap and die kit, when I strip out a 3mm hole, I make it a 4 tapped though, not just ram rodded. lol let me know

RC Racer
    Hey Al, check out my update on my thread.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Couple of upgrades on the way. A guy over in the brushless section said he had a bunch of problems with the axles coming out due to RPM arms, this got me thinking about the thread Jake has going and someone else mentioned the RPM arm being the issue. Just thought of that, should have posted that there. lol, I've always had bad luck with the stock carriers with busting the toe link connector off, that is why I went true tracks on everything. First trip out this morning with the new E and on a soft roll over that landed up aganist the shed and sure enough busted, put on my last spare left, I can break 5 more rights but no lefts. Heres my fix and it's going to take care of my winter issues too, all this stuff gets real brittle in the cold, it was in the 20's when I was testing out the truck. Went through this last winter and no more.

RD Racing Alloy, We give the trencher or the mashers a try power is not an issue with this beast, couple of pics of the new rig, Insanity check out the chassis braces, thanks for the tip.

Last edited by Al Morancy; 12-03-2011 at 01:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey al, I know you were building a ofna buggy so here's a couple pics u might appreciate.

Red dot revo rustler with 3.3 neu/MMP mini revo

RC Champion
    \

yea man I have those in stock, what'd ya do strip out a hole? Best investment right, go to the depot and get a metric tap and die kit, when I strip out a 3mm hole, I make it a 4 tapped though, not just ram rodded. lol let me know
    i dont kno what happened lol.. all i know is when i put the screw in i can slide it all the way in.. so im not gonna mess around im gonna get another one.. would u happen to have one to sell?

RC Champion
    Boy I could have saved you some money on those RD Racing carriers but good choice, they are the best hands down. I have two full sets and with 23mm and M2c 17mm hubs. One set on my truck and the other not in use. Al I also have alot of 23mm tire set ups if you are interested PM me.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Chassis braces look good Al they really strengthen it up.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
    Boy I could have saved you some money on those RD Racing carriers but good choice, they are the best hands down. I have two full sets and with 23mm and M2c 17mm hubs. One set on my truck and the other not in use. Al I also have alot of 23mm tire set ups if you are interested PM me.
    machine, we'll have to talk more about that, I bet my buddy that just got a revo my want those carriers and I'd love to see what you have for 23mm setups, I have 4 now, 40 series and heavy beadlocks, PL Trenchers, Mashers, and Moabs, the best set is the Imex dirt hawgs on dishes, I have them on the XL, awesome, light and great for multi surfaces, thanks for the heads up bro. I'll hit you up tomorrow, bed time for me. Thanks again.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kmarshall263 View Post
    Hey al, I know you were building a ofna buggy so here's a couple pics u might appreciate.

Kenny, those are great, thanks for thinking of me, I just got a new pull start for it, I've been starting it with a bump box and it's a pain, got the body for it now too, those pics have inspired me to see how this baby will fly, tomorrow is going to be a great bashing day.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Chassis braces look good Al they really strengthen it up.
    Thanks for the advise Matt, got the first set of packs through it tonight under the lights, lol dude its an awesome rig for sure, handles way better than the tweener. The new carriers and hubs with the right wheels and tires will seal the deal. I read that guys whole thread, lol it's long but you were right plenty of good stuff, nice work outa you. Thanks again bro.

RC Qualifier
    Ya I didn't know how I would like a buggy since I don't race. I gotta tell you that thing is a blast! It handles great, good speed, and jumps awesome! I set my ramp up so I run up on concrete and land in grass and I COULDN'T Break this thing lol! Have a good day bashing tomorrow.

RC Champion
    NP Al glad you liked it.

RC Champion
    Kenny the OFNA buggy is running like a mad dog, its sick, got some good air with it yesterday but I'm just getting it going so Im not ready to go for the money shot yet, besides I think this thing is missing bumpers, I got none, I need to look and see what it should have had on it, I bet I can find something to fit from the chop shops for sure. Inny I love the braces man. lol right this second all theh rigs are running and nothings broken. but it's the last warm day here for a while so that my change is a few hours, I could get used to being laid off.

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear the buggy is up and running. I have a blast with mine and I'm sure you will too.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kmarshall263 View Post
    Glad to hear the buggy is up and running. I have a blast with mine and I'm sure you will too.
    Found a front bumper, they don't have a back on I guess, lol dang thing love that P3, just need more grip, I'll try it out with the badlands off the E for the fun of it.

The Mad Maxx Revo is forward only right now, no center diff, with the new LRP getting broke in now it's really coming alive, all it wants to do is ride on the back two wheels, it's a blast to beat on though, tough truck, it takes a pounding and begs for more, lol

Here is what the E looks like with the full offsets and badlands, it's over in the electric side but I want to keep my thread up to date, lol it's like a journal, the alloy carriers are going on tonight.

Enough for now got work to do, hey any of you guys use Facebook? The reason I ask is the new Skyp program they have is very cool, works way better than the old skyp, lol I put it on in the shop and my buddies will hang out shooting the breeze while i'm wrenching, hit me up if you're board, great way to fix problems too if you're jammed up with something.

RC Champion
    I just got the facebook update for my phone and no skype function?

RC Racer
    Hey Al, check out my thread, i got the force going again and man its sickness!!!!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    nice work Spencer, I need to start getting the nitro's ready for cold, foil and get them tuned up better, that real cold air is setting in some now.

RC Competitor
    nice work Spencer, I need to start getting the nitro's ready for cold, foil and get them tuned up better, that real cold air is setting in some now.
    Yeah, winter is coming here too. It was a chilly 62 degrees out yesterday.

Bahahahahaha!

RC Champion
    The two nitro Revos got some love today, mad Maxx needed a new set of shoes, waiting on the Buku for that one, it's good to go for now but I'm so glad I'm not messing with this crap much longer, the LRP is barley broke in and it's shredded a set of alloy shoes, this will be the last set. Revo 1 was giving me tranny problems and it turned out to be the second gear clutch and bearing, just an FYI, if you snap the main output shaft change out the clutch, it may look ok but the break throughs the clutch bearing seat out of round, it may look fine but you'll start eating bearings leading to heat and shafts breaking for no good reason, both LRPs are running great and ready for winter, the Trenchers are on the ERevo with the 23mm hubs and it's sick, tore up the badlands on the full offset ofna rims pretty good but the are going on the SC8 nitro to get some grip out back and that will be way less stress than 6s, glad to see the board up, I got a bunch of pics and videos to catch up on. Laters bros

RC Champion
    Burned a bunch of fuel this week, and just got done bashing the E out back under the lights, besides the toque the next and only thing I like about the lipo rigs is the fact I can run them all night long if i want to, couldn't help but take advantage of the mild night, was out in a tee shirt. Got the 40 series Trenchers on the E with the 23mm hubs and it's a beast, pure sickness, if I didn't get tired I'd still be out there, lol long day. Mad Maxx Revo is tuned up now for performance and all i can say is I'm becoming an LRP guy more than a Picco guy, lol, I gotta get a center diff back in it but before I do I'm going to try to get video of a back flip from a dead start, it's so close right now, I'm thinking about 1/2 a turn on all three springs in and let it rip, lol a nitro doing standing backflips, that will be a first for me, lol the flux with do doubles, but its really hard on drive train, Just wanta wish you all a Merry Christmas, I hope the RC Santa is good to you all, we are hanging home for the weekend so I'll get some bashing in and feel free to hit me up if I can help out with any issues with all those new shiny trucks. Peace brothers.

RC Racer
    Hey al, I know I was bugging you about tires before, but I was wondering what you think is a good tire for bashing in snow and on frosty grass, the talons are not cutting it they just balloon right up and slide all over the place
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    My vote is trencher!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_lee1993 View Post
    Hey al, I know I was bugging you about tires before, but I was wondering what you think is a good tire for bashing in snow and on frosty grass, the talons are not cutting it they just balloon right up and slide all over the place
    Like Inny said the Trenchers are one of my favs, but when it comes to snow and ice nothing is going to work till you mod a set with studs, I used the stock revo tires for my winter tires, in any amount of snow over a few inches it really don't matter they are not snowmobiles, now a set of paddles will get you through deeper snow to a point, that's why I snowblow the track down back, it turns to ice and hard pack snow and that you can have a blast on, and the studs make all the difference, I mean dude it's a total blast, chains wont work trust me you need studs, and you shoo gooo them in and they are in for good, hex head self taping sheet metal screws work great and they are cheap, now for bashing on the grass and frozen grass stuff Trenchers are what I find to work the best, I have the mashers on a rig and they are ok but they like to slide quite a bit, great for drifting, the moabs are good for the street comparded to the grass, I'm running the HPI goliaths on the conversion revo right now and they hook up good on the grass and frozen ground, good enough that I had to dial out some brake cause I was doing front flips when I tapped the brakes to hard on hard frozen grass, so no sliding just flipping, lol Let me know if you need some info on picking the tires up, I got pics up and I can tell you how i did it. What you need is a set of unmounted wheels and tires, the stock ones are fine but cheap ones, so you can tape the inside of the tire first, two wraps of duct tape, I use gorilla tape and have still broke the tape but it will last a while, no more ballooning, then stud that set up and they'll be your winter tire, I wish I had studded a taped set, I may have to do another set this year that is taped, Good luck bro, Merry Christmas, Winter Bashing Is A Blast!!!

RC Champion
    Merry Christmas RC Brothers!! Santa brought me a Handycam so heres the first tube video, shop tour, lol, oh Andy I put up a new Train Video on the tube for DJ, lol Have a great day guys.