Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Al that king looks sweet! I been wanting the buggy version for awhile. My buddy use to have one and it was so much fun. Kinda sounds like a angry weedeater going across the lawn lol! Hope you have fun with that thing!
    Red dot revo rustler with 3.3 neu/MMP mini revo

RC Qualifier
    Ooh another one gets bit by the 5th scale bug rock on.

Al the other rcs will slowly start to fade in the back of your mind...
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Champion
    lol micro, I don't know about all the others fading away but it's a huge blast, no pun intended, II need to take it to a bigger area to run it though, I can just start to hit the power band around the house and I'm out of space. It does sound sick Kenny, to me it reminds me of a hopped up chain saw you see in those woodsman comps on tv. It's mad fun. But the 1/8 scale rigs are perfect for around here and the track down back. lol I got lights for the big boy the brake light even come on when you hit the brakes. lol the 4 pods in the front are awesome, with the time change I'll get plenty of use out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by microimage View Post
    Ooh another one gets bit by the 5th scale bug rock on.

Al the other rcs will slowly start to fade in the back of your mind...
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Racer
    Al did you ever order that flysky ,if so what did you think of it ,I seen A lot of reviews on it but none really tell you how well the steering trim works and if you can easly trim it while driving ,my friend accidently knocked my two TX of my tailgate on to black top ,so im looking for good but yet cheap just in case that happins again LOL ,Thanks for your in put ,It seems that you help alot of people in here including me ,Thanks for that ,your a good dude for going out of your way more then most and when you do open your hobby store set up so we can buy from you online

RC Champion
    DJ, I'm running the flysky in 3 trucks now, it's a great setup, the trims are great, simple, I just ordered 2 more recievers, woo hoo 12 bucks, the one trs can handle 10 radios, the King has a flysky system in it too, it's different than the 35 dollar one but it's nice. It's hard to believe you can get the whole setup for less and on reciever stock, I did't really think it was true, got one is a reve, the sc8, the ofna buggy i'm working on, it's the best 35 bucks you can spend in RC.

RC Racer
    Thanks Al just ordered one and three extra receivers and the 2200mah as well, $60.70 sounds to good to pass up

RC Champion
    Good job, I got another set of the batteries too, they are working out really good, I think you'll be happy with it, you can go online and be reading up on the directions now, it doesn't come with any, some get the disk but most don't, it's all on line, you can print them out and be ready to go.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Al I see your getting into sct racing. are you doing 4wd or 2wd? They race at 106 race park in concord not sure how far that is from you but might be worth the trip to check out. A couple of buddies and myself are gonna start racing there next spring. I know they are always looking for people to come down and race. 106 Racepark HS is great to deal with we get all our parts from them and they ship up to us in Vt. Gotta question, whats the difference between the revo nitro and the slayer? All I can see are the tires. Is it possible to convert the revo into a sct? Thanks

RC Racer
    Hey Revo 69, the slayer pro is a sct, it has smaller arms, driveshafts, toe links and pushrods, It also has a different tranny setup and the final drive is different than the revo. I just converted from slayer pro to revo and I am loving the upgrade. I find that the slayer is not wide enough, causing it to roll extremely easily
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Hey 69, looks like Spencer covered that question pretty darn good, because I didn't have the answer, thanks Spencer. Dude I tried to get over there this summer and I was just to busy with work to pull it off, we got a track over here in York Maine that's indoors and he just switched from carpet to dirt, I'll be getting the hang of it there this winter. For 139 bucks you get a 6 month pass that is a key card, you can go in 24 hours a day, any day, he opened last weekend, I'm waiting for the cards to come in. I'm messing with both 2 and 4 wd's. Electrics only indoors, got 2 2wd slashes setup nice, brushless, steel shafts, and the 4x4 slash is a monster. For the outdoor nitro stuff we'll be using an SC8 and I'm working on an OFNA Ultra 1 something, it's in tough shape, I've been in the motor a few times and I can get it to run for short periods of time, when it runs it sounds great, then I'm pulling my arm off again, the piston and sleeve look great, the back plate pin is gone and I replaced that, tore the carb apart cleaned it and put it back to OFNA specs, new plugs, fuel lines, tank has good pressure.lol I'll throw the whole kitchen sink at it before I put the Picco Maxx in it. lol now it's getting personal, I'll be dambed to let the little bugger beat me. sorry for the long story, lol I should be covered for 2 classes there, do they have a monster truck class still? I heard a lot of places are getting away from them. Thanks for the heads up bro.

Quote Originally Posted by revo 69 View Post
    Hey Al I see your getting into sct racing. are you doing 4wd or 2wd? They race at 106 race park in concord not sure how far that is from you but might be worth the trip to check out. A couple of buddies and myself are gonna start racing there next spring. I know they are always looking for people to come down and race. 106 Racepark HS is great to deal with we get all our parts from them and they ship up to us in Vt. Gotta question, whats the difference between the revo nitro and the slayer? All I can see are the tires. Is it possible to convert the revo into a sct? Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Spencer thanks for the heads up about the conversion. Sounds like we should have just swapped trucks. I havent figured out what I want to do yet. My MT is brand new with just a few runs on it to break the motor in. I have done a bunch of upgrades on it but lost the interest in nitro. ( maybe Al could help me get it tuned and help change my mind about nitro LOL!!!) I would like to get a SCT brushless 4wd so that I can bash or race it. I just havent mastered the art of tuning nitro and I'm getting frustrated. Thinking about either trading or selling and buying something brushless 4wd. Al, 106 will make a class if enough people show have a class. The only thing I have seen there is SCT 2wd stock and mod and Stadium truck stock and mod. I have only been there a couple of times tho. I plan on racing next spring. I need to practice up on some racing skills, I have always bashed around the house. I hope to get up to maximus atleast once if not a couple of times to practice. What days do they race and what days do they practice? RC Excitement in fitchburg mass is another place to race. They have indoor and outdoor tracks. They do have a MT class. I dont think it would be to far for you.

RC Champion
    well after messing with the ofna motor I tried to bring back to life I finally caved and put the new sleeve and piston and new rod in the red dot, it started on the second pull and i got 2 tanks through it tonight. Couple of good heat cycles, it will idle and hold 180 to 190 for a half hour so the lsn is monitoring nicely. I blew that mother up last winter and its been on the shelf waiting for some love. I can't tell if the bearings are ok yet but by the way is was running the may be ok. bashed it around the yard till the wife wacked out because it was almost 9. lol opps lose track of time down there. My first rebuild in the books.

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear you got a picco in it lol. Since I'm waiting on a linkage for my revo I got my ofna mbx out this weekend. That thing is a blast to drive. I don't race but I can see why so many people like buggies. Mine has the force 26 engine and she runs pretty good. My buddy is thinking of getting a rc, probably a slash 4x4, so I let him drive it. Needless to say, I'm waiting to get a arm now lol. Oh well, that's the price u pay when u let someone run your rc.

RC Champion
    Thanks Kenny, well the first go around wasn't perfect, a wrist pin holder came out and broke a pin, it's back together with a sleeve and piston from a Maxx, running good for now, it rained all day yesterday, I rebuilt the shocks and put new springs on it, it will get outside today. Hey 450ss any signs of the body for that thing?

RC Racer
    Hey Al, I ended up getting Traxxas Talon tires the other day at my LHS, and I love the truck with the new gearing 14cb and 40spur. The only thing I am thinking of changing is the 2 speed gears and going to close ratio. I can't quite do wheelies but if it can get the front end up off of a bump it will keep it in the air for a bit. I am having trouble with my temps though. I have an on board temp sensor and in Toronto, right now it is about 5 degrees celcius. I was running yesterday and got to max 299f. so i richened it up today 1/4 of a turn and i got up to 305f! so I richened it again 1/2 turn and temps stayed relatively the same. At 280. So although it didn't go down it wasn't going up. Any ideas on what I should do?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Oh and I forgot to add, the temp sensor says to keep it at 90 degree angle from the exhaust manifold. I think it is close to that but not perfect. So I may be getting higher reading than I should. When I hit the throttle and then let off, RPMs immediately drop to idle. So maybe just use the 270 - 280 as a relative number that I should try to keep it at?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Spencer I will say that when you have a great running fast truck that does not do wheelies is the best. My converted revo will do standing back flips and it’s almost impossible to drive. If you have good throttle response and a fast top end be happy your truck still has a good tune that can be driven harder than one that can pull the fronts off the ground.

If your running the 3.3 I say go back to stock gearing. The 14/38 with a wide ratio is great for all around bashing.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Spenc, like inny said, about the wheelies, you're getting to hot for longivity dude, I've been tuning and wrenching on a brand new 3.3 fully stock my buddy just got from a guy on here, I just put an M2C clutch on it with stock gearing, haven't opened up the tranny still full of reverse gears, he'll figure that out on his own, and this thing rips I've been running by myself mostly all this time and yesterday was the best day in RC i've had, we raced around the track down back for hours, I was laughing so hard my face was ready to crack, lol I was really in tears from laughing so hard, his new 3.3 running at 220 to 240 F will whellie when wanted but more importatly it flys, I have to give the bb some gas to fly by him, I haven't messed with a stock Revo in quite a while and besides the clutch and the old diff gears, I had to put new ones in his rear yesterday with the I bar, he broke a front wheel shaft and I was messing with the XL and noticed him doing doughtnuts and i"m like wooo dude, soemthings up, sure enough after putting on a new axle he went out to drive it and had nothing to the rear. lol its so funny to see what I looked like last year. But he has it made, I have enough stock parts kicking around for him to smash that thing up 3 times over. Sorry for the long story, there is a point to it. I you have an older Revo with the older diffs, change them, it's easy, if you are still running a stock clutch on a 3.3 put an M2C on it with all red springs and you'll think you got a new truck. And a 3.3 with no leaks will make all the power and speed you can want and not run over 240 if tuned right and will idle all day long with out fouling a plug, that is LSN adjustment. It's nice here today I'm going to mow up the leaves on the track and burn a gallon of fuel today, lol also on a colder day like yesterday here, it was in the 50's my Picco's 28's were making full power and running between 180 and 190, there is no reason to have temps that high. look for leaks and readjust the carb.

RC Racer
    Hey Al, so I ran 5 tanks tonight and noticed that the car dosent have the pick up and go that it use to. It seems to be stuck in second gear because the odd time it will shift into first and absolutely scream, any ideas. It was fine until I put the stock final tranny gear in. I had the cd but after I melted the rear brake I put the stock back in. I loosened the screw a bit in the tranny like 1 hr so to speak and that is when it would operatically drop into first could it be that it just needs to be re adjusted?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Thats is a big adjustment on the shifter. It should shift out of second no problem but take RPM to upshift. Something is binding up else where. If you melted the rear brakes what didthe rest of the trans look like?
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Racer
    The transmission case looked okay from the outside, I didn't open it up and I haven't had time to yet. Is it possible that I melted something on the inside of the tranny?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    The owb in the tranny maybe be stuck, keeping it in second.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro
    Go Patriots!

RC Racer
    I didn't even know their was a owb in the tranny, where would I find that JL?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Explode views
    part 5393
    Last edited by danyvw; 11-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    Yea Spencer you'er going to have to open that baby up, take some pics too, we'll figure it out.

RC Racer
    Okay will post some pics....how do I do that?lol
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_lee1993 View Post
    Okay will post some pics....how do I do that?lol

hahah we've all been through it, the way I do it is open a photobucket account, you upload pic to that, it's fast, then what I do is with both programs open, this place and the photobucket account you copy the pic img code by clicking on it, it will say copied and you come back to your post and click that insert photo button 3rd one from the right and paste the img code and you're done, after you do it a few times it will go faster and faster for you.

RC Racer
    Hey I am gonna create a general thread like what you have done Al, to get pals opinions on things and get help with stuff. Your assistance and suggestions would be great!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Hey Al, I posted the thread with pics. Could you take a look at them and let me know what you think? Thx
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Spencer I hit you up on your page. This being laid off has been a big plus for the RC's, I've been wrenching on trucks for the local hobby shop, lol the funny thing is they have all been Tmaxx's, been working on the track down back, filling in nasty spots and adding some banking's in the turns by the trees on either end. lol so instead of smashing into the tree head on it will ride up the banking and try to climb the tree and roll off, it's my version of a softer wall like nascar uses, lol we've had pretty nice weather for the middle on Nov and I'm burning a ton of fuel. Knock on wood I don't want to jinx myself but I've been doing way more bashing than wrenching. All the wrenching through the summer is paying off finally, everything is BB right now and I'm short one motor. I need to pick up that LRP from shizoll. Bash on you all and have a great weekend my buddy is coming over with his revo and will be having a bash session down back, I'll try to get up some new video.

RC Champion

Full Day of Bashing and Breaking, lol

It was the boys birthday today, lol he's 25, we spent the morning beating on the brushless slashes, he hasn't been over to beat on his truck sense I put the Tekin 10.5 turn in it with the RS esc, he had a heck of a time, with the trencher on it she rides wheelies all over the yard. Then my buddy came over with his Revo and we bashed the afternoon away till dark, i worked my way through the trucks breaking stuff, lol started out with the pullstarter on the LRP revo, moved on to the XL and got into the fence and took out 2 shock rods. Moved on to the flux and in the course of laughing so hard hitting the jumps I got cocky and landed a double back flip nicely but it took out the front diff cup. Moved on to the conversion and wasn't able to break anything, nice, and as it got dark to out the King Motor to check out the lights and managed not to hit anything with it. Oh yea broke a plastic steering rod end on the 4x4 slash. lol everything is fixed but the diff cup, picking that up tomorrow. Just a dang good day of RC'ing and tomorrow is sunny and in the 60's yes. My buddy took out a front arm and his second front bulkhead, he's been lucky I have a ton of stock parts he's been burning through. I put an M2C clutch on it for him and he thinks he got a new truck, lol that's from a total newbee, nothing like a good clutch.

RC Racer
    Hey Al do you recommend any of the Axial engines. I could get a .28 spec 2 for really cheap also the .32 RR is pretty cheap too. Do you recommend these engines?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_lee1993 View Post
    Hey Al do you recommend any of the Axial engines. I could get a .28 spec 2 for really cheap also the .32 RR is pretty cheap too. Do you recommend these engines?
    Spencer I can't recommend them from experience, I'm a Picco or LRP guy, I just picked up another .30 spec 2 LRP Saturday. I'm sure they are not junk, but If I'm recommending a motor it's will be one I've ran myself. I'm sure someone here has some experence with them, maybe you'll get some better feedback. good luck bro

RC Racer
    Al, Looking at engines, it appears that the LRP are a little bigger than the piccos and are also have bigger displacement than the piccos. Do you have any preferences for which LRP are best? So lets say I did get the big block, i think it would be best to get the new era big block complete conversion kit,

http://www.neweramodels.com/index.cg...xas&model=1066

Let me know if you think otherwise, would it be cheaper to just get a mount and then a header and then a pipe seperately or what? I am trying to price all the options out to figure out what is the best route.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Spencer if you're going to go BB that NE mount is the way to Go for sure, I'm running two of them, just put the LRP 30 in my carbon fiber revo today, i'm redoing all the bearing now on the carriers and switching back to 17mm hubs, that one had the 40 series Mobe's on it, I put 4 tanks on it this afternoon, I'll put up some pics, this one has the NE cage on it, pipe is up high, I always run my BB's with the pipe up high. I'll catch up with you later, it's football time. Go Pats.

RC Champion
    I made this for some buddies on another forum, lol they like to bash traxxas but in good fun, they own them too, cool place no sensoring of language, not a bad spot to talk all brands of RC, I'm not trying to promote it here either, just letting you know the background of this video. It's called Al's Shop Tour, the updated version. lol

RC Qualifier
    That's a awesome set up al. I wish I had some place like that to wrench. All my stuff thrown into my sons room for now lol. Have u had that ofna buggy running yet? My arms for mine should be in soon so hopefully I get a few more runs in soon. Take it easy bro.

RC Racer
    +1 on that.. Dude you deffo gotevery enthusiasts dream there.

RC Qualifier
    Al nice setup. I'm jealous
    Last edited by carraig042; 11-24-2011 at 12:35 AM.

RC Champion

Happy Thanksgiving You All!!!

Thanks for the kind words you guys, I'm grateful today to have made good friends with guys I've never met, I'm grateful to be sober today, that's the main reason I can do what I do with this hobby and life in general, it's nice waking up not sick and having a few buck in my pocket, that King Motors T2000 was one night out for me, I'm not bragging or complaining, it's just a fact. 7 years it was on 11.11.11 thank you God.

Have a great day brothers.

Your RC Addict Friend,

Al