Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Al, I really love and respect you but I HATE ELECTRIC!!!!!................ Was a joke dude, that things run crazy!!!!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    hey al , were u running 4s or 6s with the revo? looks like we both had fun with our trucks today lol.. i wanted to ask u, what gearing are u running in the lrp revo?

RC Champion
    The Revo is 6s, with the punch control not set, I need to dial it back some on the punch, the LRP is running a 38/18, tomorrow is another Nitro day, I need to beat those clutch shoes like a bad dog to see if they can take it, and master the tuning on the Outlaw pipe, this laid off thing might not be bad for a few weeks, I'm reading up on the AE 28's, I may grab that one from you're cuz, I want to port a mill, been reading up on that and want to try it, talked to the father in law about what I was telling you about the shop, he's a CPA, went over the game plan and he thougt is was a good idea for side thing. lol Al's Truck Stop may just come to life. Lets hook up while I'm off from work. Talk later.

Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    hey al , were u running 4s or 6s with the revo? looks like we both had fun with our trucks today lol.. i wanted to ask u, what gearing are u running in the lrp revo?
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    yeah man that shop thing would be sick.. i would be there every weekend haha.. i work all week but have the weekends off.. maybe we can do something sometime.. if i can keep my truck together that long lol.. so ur out of work for a while huh? must be nice to have all them toys to play with.. ur running 38/18? **** im running 17/36 and my truck is fast wowww... lol i was thinking about going to 18t cb but i dont wanna loose my bottom end.. what do u think

RC Champion
    i would buy that engine and stuff from my cuz, hes good edit like u and i, hes right into the hobby, and he has this brand new sc8 never run he wants to convert the thing to brushless... i dont think he wants alot for all of it, the engine, pipe, starter gun and i think more.. but yeah i think he told me like 130.00

RC Champion
    I needed a new bell to start the breaking on those komposit shoes, you can't have any alum on the bell so that's what I had, I ran an 18 on the Picco and it was in the zone, ratio wise we are both close to the same, I don't think low end is an issue with this mill, from what I've read about it it's better on the low end than on the top end, I haven't been in a big enough area to prove that, I think we are geared in a good place to get the best of both ends.

yeah man that shop thing would be sick.. i would be there every weekend haha.. i work all week but have the weekends off.. maybe we can do something sometime.. if i can keep my truck together that long lol.. so ur out of work for a while huh? must be nice to have all them toys to play with.. ur running 38/18? **** im running 17/36 and my truck is fast wowww... lol i was thinking about going to 18t cb but i dont wanna loose my bottom end.. what do u think

RC Champion
    Ya mines fast man. So let me ask u this again. Which buku clutches did u get? Theyre are a list of them

RC Champion
    Ya mines fast man. So let me ask u this again. Which buku clutches did u get? Theyre are a list of them
    1/8 scale speed tune with Komposts Brass shoes, You'd have to call them and talk to Dave to get the brass shoes, the are not on the page yet, he's still working on the final design of the attachment process of the komposit material to the brass shoe, that's what I'm testing for him, True that on the fast, mine comes out of the hole like a rocket. Bed time for me, laer bro, catch up later.

RC Champion
    Do u remember what u paid for the shoes and springs? Can i use my flywheel?

RC Champion
    Do u remember what u paid for the shoes and springs? Can i use my flywheel?
    No you can't use you're flywheel, it coms in the kit, the springs are totally diffferent, much easier to install, i'm thinking it was like 80 buks, Something like that, checkout the link I sent you.

RC Champion
    Ok thanks man tty tomorrow

RC Qualifier
    Al you need to start making videos on all the stuff that you do..

Check out FastEddy on the 1/5 scale market for a demo on a few of his videos. RClargescale.com

Just a thought.....

Matt
    This is getting expensive!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    love the vids al. watching all those nitro beasts is making me think twice about converting the brand new sc8. its been sitting there since tuesday looking at me saying *** is your problem letting me sit here. i am telling you i need to get rid of everything nitro that came with the ultimate combo sc8 from towers before i filler up and drive it. but ya i like those buku clutches and that extreme racing pipe on savy sounds nice. i have to say that picco is a screamer. might be getting the nitro itch again. that converted revo is just silly you need some concrete for the front tires man. i was surprised to see it doing wheelies with so much ease. i mean my emaxx is a wheelie machine as well but if i want to i can take off like a bat out of ****. the esc is turned down a bit to tho and i am on four cells 50c lipos. cant wait to get a camera should have one tomarow or the next day so i can share some of my tunning and bashing.

RC Champion
    Thanks Matt, you're right, the tube has a new editor and I just didn't have time to play with it this weekend so I'll try is out, all those vids could have been edited to a nice short single ciip, I have to put them up on the tube to edit them anyway, next rainy day while I"m laid off I'll put some video work in. I'll check out FastEddy's stuff. Thanks again Matt

Quote Originally Posted by HazzMatt View Post
    Al you need to start making videos on all the stuff that you do..

Check out FastEddy on the 1/5 scale market for a demo on a few of his videos. RClargescale.com

Just a thought.....

Matt

RC Champion
    Did some video clean up, nothing fancy yet, work in progress, cut out some dead time, bashed them all today hard and did shoe checks, they still look new, lost a steering servo in the XL, again. Can you guys recomend a quick hi toque servo that will take some abuse, no cheapies, I want one that will last, the Revo's have a mixture of Hi tek, Orion, Specturm and I just fried a futaba. Thanks for any idea's.

RC Competitor
    al check out ae xp line of servos. i have had good luck with them they are fast and have plenty of power. i had the 80 dollar one. cant remember the one i had it might be this. DS1015 Hi Torque/Hi Speed Digital Servo

RC Champion
    Well the Picco .28 Turbo is coming off the shelf and going in the Carbon Fiber Chassis, the Maxx is ready for some bearing and I'm getting ready for the new AE .28 pro that is on it's way, thanks to the 450ss. The NE mount that has been traveling all over the country in finally in a truck, should provide some true sickness, lol, here's the start of it. [IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    hey al check your pms and send me one back bro you got my number give me a call tonight if you are still up 2077623632

RC Competitor
    i really hope you like that ae .28 pro from the vidoes i have seen of them in a sc8 they are a screamer, and the aluminum non stick tuned pipe sounds sweet at high rpms. my sc8 was heavy with all that nitro stuff in it i think it weighed 12 to 13 pounds and from the videos they have some good nut. the only compliant i have read is the front bearing on the crank on few of them tend to leak not all but some so they replace that bearing and never had aproblem after. it does have a good three piece clutch pad system not as nice as buku but good for now. and let me know what you think of that ae xp servo when you get it installed want to know if you are as happy with it as me and my rc boys are that is all we had in ours except i had a good 75.00 hitec that was a lil slower than the xp but had much more power. if you dont like it which i am sure you will i will get it of you it is a upgrade to the stock metal high tork ae steering in my sc8. i didnt relize that with the v4 conversion for the sc8 you baught me it didnt come with the eliktic clutch system and that is something i want to get to put less stress on the mamba monster motor. i am also wondering if i get the elektric ctuch system if i can run those buku pads were the eliktric clutch i want does not come with pads. i will have to call buku to see if they have a eletric clutch system for a mamba monster. i know this is a traxxas forum but i do have a emaxx brushless and that is my pride in joy but if i can get pointers on that buku set up for the mamba monster motor that would be great.

RC Competitor
    and promise me you will put up vids of your trucks with my power plant i sold you. and i would love to see that thunder tiger pro.21 that i had in an old shumacher when they made quality parts. it has set for 3 to 5 years but it ran strong the last time it just kept blowing my shumacher tranny into pieces. it has a great rpm capability and dependable. so when you get it take the pull start off and degrease it and lube it back up i have a feeling the old nitro build up in it got sludgy it pulls but returns real slow. i also have a pipe for it i will throw you when i get to dads to get the racing pipes i used to have. i just want to see my stuff run in a something you have because you nice dude. and i hope you get to rebuild an sc8 so you can see like me how supiror to the rest they are. short course that is. anyway not to keep writing books i just wanted to hook up a good guy that has helped my cous out so much. hope to hear from you soon and if there is way to meet i will try i have a buddy lives in watervile that might pick up my v4 from you so i can save you shipping money. we will see he comes this way everyweekend.

RC Competitor
    what are your plans for the ae pro.28

RC Champion
    als a good guy dude.. im sure he will have that motor in something real quick with vids.. keep up the nice work al.. we will have to get together all 3 of us..

RC Champion
    Its running and it's bad, took a while to get the motor dialed in, I don't think they like being on a shelf, I'm really liking the IMEX Swamp Dawgs, with the 23mm dish, just lost like 5 pounds, lol couple of pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    looks great al. is that carbon fiber chassis

RC Champion
    Yea buddy, it's the Vantage Racing Chassis, it was a project the owner of a local shop was building, he put all kinds of money in it, titanium push rods, nice tubes, Vantage CVD's, hi toque Orion steering servos, that bump start 3.3, it was sitting on the shelf by the door with an 800$ price tag, they were closing the shop up at that location, didn't know what they were going to do and I offered him 400 and he took it. The 2 servos and chassis go for that, Brand new bump start 3.3 for sale, I'll put a 40 mm 3 shoe flywheel on it and brand new M2C shoes and a vented bell,, 130 bucks. Good deal on an OFNA brand new bump box too, the one for the Revo.

RC Competitor
    hey al are yo on here tonight need to talk to you got some important info. call me if you are i tried your cell but it is off. my phone is 2077623632. sweet deal on that sweet beast i am looking foward to getting together with you buddy any buddy of my cous is a freind of mine. he is good people and needs good friends to keep him in the rc hobby

RC Champion
    keep me in the rc hobby? dude, im in this for life hahaha.. i love rcs man, i aint goin anywhere.. revos for life..

RC Champion
    Quick clip of the Slash 4x4 on the Track Down Back, Air Time.

RC Champion
    Nice air control man I like how It looks like its gonna land right on the rear number and then u hit the brake and it lands on its wheels nice vid dude

RC Competitor
    yup i am glad to see you bashing the **** out of a electric short course truck. electic, nitro, it dose not matter you will enjoy both just the same electric has some very good things about it and nitro has some very good things about it. but nice vid you do have pretty good air control to which the 4x4 slash will do what you want in the air there was one jump that i saw if you kept on the throttle you would have pulled a back flip no prob. i know you love to bash but i cant wait for you to get to york and hit the track with that beast get a rim and tire meant for the short course trucks and tune your suspension right for a track and you will have a blast and your truck will take a beating the first time around the course but that is what a slash is good for taking abuse. hit me up al after you leave the track with your questions on your set up you will notice the slash will tend to roll more than you think until you get it dialed in.(i have a couple secret tricks up my sleeve for that truck). give us some more nitro burnners to watch to and i want to see your flux in action on 6s and see how well you handle it. i had my hands full with a erevo on 6s anit that right shizcol-couz. but like i said need any pointer on the short course i am your man there. and please if you put my motor in any of your trucks post a vid because i have watched it in sc8s and it screams and sounds nice but i want to see it in a monster to. i know its nothing compared to most motors but i realy had a hard time not running just to be able to sell it as new.anyway enough blablabla. keep the mods and vids coming bro always a pleasure.

RC Competitor
    also i have a ? for you. that buku composite clutch will it work with the tekno electrtrac 3 shoe set up electric flywheel. i really want to run the electric clutch from tekno but rather buy there hole set up with there shoes i want to know if i can use tekno flywheel and buku pads. i will research some stuff and talk more about it in pms so i dont make anyone made with my post ?s for my sc8 soon to be sc8e

RC Champion
    No you can't, you need a Buku flywheel to use there shoes, totally different style.

RC Competitor
    well it looks like the electra clutch ends up being a normal nitro clutch conversion so maybee i need to make some calls to the companies to see if i can make it work. i think having a adjustable clutch and a mamba monster could end up being a sweet deal

RC Champion
    V twin revo v twin revo v twin revo!!!
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Also cant wait to see the track down back this year!
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Also cant wait to see the track down back this year!

Inny good to see you, did you see the jumping video of the slash 4x4? That is on the track down back, you can see the 2 nice jumps I made, lol, You know whats funny, I just got the auger bearings I ordered last year for the snow blower, they were back ordered for 6 months, so I'll be ready this year, learned my lesson, going to start banking the sides right from the start, I'm heading down there today to make some jumping videos with the big trucks, I can't thanks you enough for getting me into the conversion, it's one of the sickest trucks in the fleet.

RC Competitor
    that says alot coming from a nitro mainiac. still waiting on my box cant take the wait anymore bro. did you get yours yet

RC Champion
    Giving the Conversion a bit of a beating, it's tricky jumping a heavy monster like this. lol Got to give it credit its a tough puppy. Check it out.

RC Champion
    Al ur inbox is full so I can't send u pms lol.

RC Champion
    Right now I'm using the losi dish with pins and they don't grab for crap on grass must be cause they are worn a lil. I am. Looking to get the proline badlands on jconcepts rulux half ups 1/2 offset wheels that I had before. That was the best setup I've ever used lol. The big joes I find are too big for my liking and were hard on my trannies. I will have some 17mm hubs prolly. Y next week and hope to get something soon for tires but right now I'm focusing on getting ready for winter. And Xmas is coming so I haven't been spending money on rc stuff. But I been running every day with no problems.