Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    The conversion Revo is at the top of the fun list, another great day of RC and we are still at it, got lights on the 4x4 slash and I'm still buzzing the campground, the Vel has issues, I wish I would have read up on it more before I bought that motor, I picked up the roller off ebay and could have easily have put a Castle product in it, I just switched motors from the 2wd brushless and the temps are down, same pinion gear, a 14, but what happens is after bashing for a while when you stop it needs a nudge to get going again, come to find out after reading in the slash section this is an ongoing issue. My Bad, Take notice new people, read up on stuff here before buying hop ups, I thought the Vel was a soild brushless motor, Wrong, it's got issues. I could have known that if I had just done some research, that's one of the drawbacks to the ADD and the OCD, met a really nice guy today, big Traxxas guy, 14 trucks, Cars and the Boat. He was impressed with the fleet and it was good to talk RC to a live person that is sick like me, lol, I told him to come in here and check things out, his name is Rick, hard core Nitro guy but after seeing he conversion in action he was thinking it over. Downloading the instuctions on the Flysky, trying to take some of the steering input out of it, can't figure it out yet, any flysky guys that can offer input would be great. Got to put a log on the fire. Peace my friends.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Rainy weekend so I've been in the shop doing some fixing, maintaince and cleanup. The 4x4 Slash got some MIP steel front shafts and new wheels and tires, The conversion is done and ready for action, the Flux got some heavy duty center shafts and cups and the body got some much needed repairs. The nitros got some maintaince and cleaning, was going to start moving the LRP into the Revo but the Pats are coming on and I've been down there all day. Put up some new shelves too, Got a bunch of pics to share.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The Conversion
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    New Double Disk Brake
    [IMG][/IMG]
    6s Stack 5600mh Hard packs, 4s and 2s
    [IMG][/IMG]

The 4x4 Slash
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I really like the duel disk brake set-up and would like more information on it. Is this available?

Thank you, Ron

RC Champion
    It's a Hot Racing or Hot Bodies part, can't remember, it dose the trick for sure.

RC Champion
    Its Hot Racing, just checked and apparently i have it bookmarked. Guess i wanted it at some point
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion

Quick vid of the LRP, almost out of fuel,

I didn't being much fuel thinking I wouldn't be able to run the nitros here, too bad I could have bashed on them all weekend, had enough to do some repairs to the XL and mess with the linkage on the Revo, This is going to be a monster of a rig.

RC Champion
    Might just be me but that revo doesn't sound right

RC Champion
    Al I challenge you to build a V twin revo!!!
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    probably the exhaust and seems a bit rich but probably still breaking it in.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    It was cold and out of fuel, and the bone on the carb that grabs the linkage is cracked, I got home around 1 and got after it, redid the linkage and holy cow it rips, it's got a set of old alum shoes I touched up and it was happy, nothing like fresh fuel too, that Revo has the standard ratio gear set in it and it was lifting the front up on the shift. I got to order that part for the carb, non of the ones I have fit it. 3 full days and nights of nothing but messing with the trucks, what a great weekend. Inny no need for a Vtwin Revo, the conversion would kill it anyway, it's sicker than the Flux, my new favorit truck for sure.

RC Champion
    Any more videos of that bad lrp revo? Lol I should have mine all up and running end of this week

RC Champion
    I ordered the small part repair kit from Associated, I don't trust the cracked carb dog, so far when it's popped out it's been at idle, my luck it will pop off and run off wide open, it rips bro, I wish I could have got the wife to take a video last night, she was RC'ed out lol, I'm down to 3 Nitro's and they are all running sweet, the Picco .28 is back in the XL and in the zone, the maxx revo is sicker than ever, I should have the parts by the weekend. Did you get a mount yet?

Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    Any more videos of that bad lrp revo? Lol I should have mine all up and running end of this week

RC Champion
    actually something really amazing happened to me the other day.. as i was looking on the net for the new era mou nt, couldnt find it anywhere. i came across a buddy of mine that i had build a lrp revo for him with thelrp .30 in it.. he has run about a ghallon through it since, and he happened to mess p the tranny gear.. so it just sat in his closet, i was talking to him about how i cant find a mount for mine anywhere, and well he suggested i just take his truk... i was like whoaaaa what? when i built this truck for him i remember him spending a ton of money on it, so i couldnt say no.. i now have 2 revos, both with lrp .30 engines lol.. i still need a mount for my original build i started but at least i have one i can run.. the tranny has one gear thats shredded.. it looks like its the forward only gear.. so im just gonna get a new forward only kit.. i eventually plan on putting the robinson racing gears in it tho.. in both trucks eventually.. i wanna set one revo for street, top end, and one for bashing.. here is a pic of the truck i just picked up.. remember i got it for free lol.. well this guy and i are good friends, and we work on eachothers stuff all the time, so i guess thats what friends are for..
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...893174_n-1.jpg
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...436025_n-1.jpg
    http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...038039_n-1.jpg

i think i got it in return of all the work ive done for him in the past.. il get vids up as soon as i get them going

RC Champion
    im looking for a good body.. something thick.. and something like a truggy body.. i had the platinum body on my other revo but it was really thin.. can u suggest any nice bodies.. i plan on using the wing, so i want something that will blend in.. preferably a truggy body

RC Champion
    Tonights Project, Body for the 4x4 Slash, the one the brand new Vel crapped out on and I have a Castle MMM on the way, these things are sick too.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Looking good Al.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Yea Al, love that slash body paint.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    yeahh buddy

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    It's a Hot Racing or Hot Bodies part, can't remember, it dose the trick for sure.
    I looked up hot-racing.com and found the kit # TRVO39K60. Then I trried to find some contact information so I can order it. But All I can find is a PO BOX number and no phone number. It did have a help@hot-racing.com, so I have sent a couple of e-mails, but have not gotten any responce.

Can some one let me know where I can buy this brake set-up?

Thank you, Ron

RC Champion
    Hey all I sent u a pm. Let me know what u think of the idea

RC Champion
    Yes I will find the info on those shooes, I had them for a while too before I put them on the convesion. My mind is mush from this summer, lucky to remember my name.

Al Thats why I sign it in posts, to remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbd View Post
    I looked up hot-racing.com and found the kit # TRVO39K60. Then I trried to find some contact information so I can order it. But All I can find is a PO BOX number and no phone number. It did have a help@hot-racing.com, so I have sent a couple of e-mails, but have not gotten any responce.

Can some one let me know where I can buy this brake set-up?

Thank you, Ron

RC Champion
    Al, u are the man that's all I got to say. I picked up a revo with a blown tranny, stopped over to show u what i got, and never did I think I would be going home with it ready to drive. U seriously are a good guy man. My wife enjoyed spending time with Urs and my dog, well he likes anyone haha. I appreciate everything u did for me man. We have to get together One weekend and run our trucks. Thanks again bro.. Shizzle

RC Champion
    Hey Shzzle, Looks like the sun is out and you can put that baby to the test, it was good meeting you and my pleasure to help out a fellow forum member, that is how it's suppose to work, lol I'm glad you got to check out the shop, here are those pics my wife took. I got that diff rebuilt, the new style spider gears dont work out with a Golden Horizons alloy diff cup, too wide, struggled with it for an hour this morning before caving and using the plastic one, that was done in 5 minutes, that's the only number now for spider gears, the erevo and revo take the same part. We'll get together and bash soon.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Dude i had fun . I am just about to go get that lrp revo out in a few . I will have my girl make a video . Hope nothing breaks. I need a servo or 2 soon tho . But we will see how it tirns out lol . Ur awesome man i had a blast . We def have to do it again asap

RC Champion
    Well man u were right about those little drive gears. 3 minutes into running her and there she went. Looks like il have to call robinson racing. U said u can get just that gear for cheap? Where? Il have the videos up when i get home. Pc bro

RC Champion
    well al here are the vids of the tranny after both times we fixed it haha.. if u wanna see the truk in action, go to "my lrp revo build" thread.. i didnt wanna post them all ovwr the place .. hope u get a laugh lol..\

1st blown drive gear.. http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...t=32925709.mp4

2nd blown drive gear... http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...t=987ac508.mp4
    other part to the second vid..
    http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...t=71d405ac.mp4
    Last edited by shizcol; 10-15-2011 at 12:59 PM.

RC Champion
    Shizcol... whwn i did my revo big black away back... i use always blow that gear... because its small it generates allot of heat and really doesn't dissipate it well enough.. my advice... 1 of 2 things.. use the robinson primary input gears only... thats w option or use a grease that traxxas makes.. this grease helps prolong gear life

grease

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ilicone-Grease

gear standard
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...aft-Gear-13x17

gear close
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...aft-Gear-13x16
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    ya man i figured that i need to go metal in that area lol.. i thought maybe i messed a different gear up. but no it was always the same gear.. so il upgrade that till something else breaks.. thanks for the links

RC Champion
    no problem man.. you guys doing the same thing myself and other revo guys did years ago.. its great to see it live on.. long live traxxas
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    i myself built 3 big block revos.. one was a lrp 28 the others were lrp .30s and i sold them all.. but now i got two lrp revos and i am not selling them lol.. i am gonna keep building them up and have fun.. i thank al for that after seeing his thread it made me want another big block revo lol.. i met al in person yesterday and hes quite the guy to hang around with. he aint lyin when he says hes a big kid lol..

RC Champion
    Al...You have a hobby store in your shop! Theres alot of parts on that wall.

"Ima go walk down to the local hobbyshop, be back later," Walks to your house. "Okay Al what you got on sale"

Haha that would be funny

RC Champion
    Haha love ur signature toxic lol. He does aure have alot in there haha

RC Champion
    Haha love ur signature toxic lol. He does aure have alot in there haha
    what can i say, Im a nitro guy. Although electric would be nice every once in a while, because my engines are picky as Bleep when it comes to tuneing. I don't even run my revo with the body on because im always adjusting the tune. And I do some crazy jumps, so its not really the best idea to run with the body off...

RC Champion
    Burned up a gallon of fuel today testing and tuning the buku clutches and pipe. I'm going to put up the raw footage, I don't have time to mess with editing it, lol Good day of RC all Nitro, no electric today.

RC Champion
    looks like u got alot more running in then i did today lol.. well im gonna get myself some new metal gears eventually and il be right out there with u haha.. sucks i couldnt run for very long, but it was a blast while it lasted.. looks like that picco max is a screamer man.. whats up with the lrp and no wheelies haha jk.. is that becuase of the way u adjusted the clutch? looks bad *** man.. keep the vids comin bro

RC Champion
    The Buku installed and testing on the XL, It loves the smaller tires and the EMRC Pipe back on it.

RC Champion
    Dude i really wanna get a set of those adjustable clutches. Can u get me a link to those? Where do u get them

RC Champion
    Dude i really wanna get a set of those adjustable clutches. Can u get me a link to those? Where do u get them
    Right here brother man.

http://www.bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx

RC Champion
    man i was up till 4 am this morning putting the revo together.. i took everything off the revo u worked on, and swapped it over to the revo build i am working on.. what a pain those linkages are and gettting the clutchbell to line up with the spur.. i sealed the engine and got everything prety much ready took it out this morning and i had to charge my rx pack lol.. seems to be doing ok.. its prett cold out tho so truck was running cold.. check out my thread

RC Champion
    Few videos of the 4x4 Slash and the Revo Conversion, they both have Castle products in them, I know this is a nitro forum but I keep all my junk here. The Revo has sick power, they really are a blast. The clips are all under a minute, quickies. Nice fall day for RC.