Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Well the electric learning curve is turning danagerous, lol I did some damage to the ESC this morning with a series connector I made and was sure was right, it stilled seemed to to work so I went to the shop and bought a real one, gave it a try and I had flames fly up striaght about 2' high, no kidding!! I unpluged it and they were gone as fast as they came, the only thing left was the stink, I guess I did more damage this morning than I thought, way less forgiveness with the electric stuff compared to Nitro, the tranny's all set and the brakes got a nice hot racing front duel disk upgrade, part of me says shelf this thing but I didn't let Nitro beat me and electric won't either. This thing will rock.
    flames? dang I was hoping for you to get shocked back to your senses not charred lol. I quit electric a long time ago due to things like that. sometimes you do everything right and BAM sparks got everywhere and the truck starts to melt! When you run the truck I really really recommend you buy a small fire extiguisher and take with you. You will end up saving ALOT of cash from car fires. ESP if you like to run large battery packs with over charge and such. Less forgiving and more costly esp when they catch on fire lol. Gl with them.

RC Champion
    Al that sucks.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Al that sucks.
    Inny got a new ESC for 145, the guy had ordered it for someone and they never picked it up, up late last night getting thing all back together and checked and tested, I'm good to go at 6s 5400's hard packs. Needed the practics soldering up these fitting any way, found the f up on the series plug I made, I'm a dope. teachable but a dope sometimes. I have rain here so no video today, I'll get up some pics.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Rainy weekend so I've been in the shop doing some fixing, maintaince and cleanup. The 4x4 Slash got some MIP steel front shafts and new wheels and tires, The conversion is done and ready for action, the Flux got some heavy duty center shafts and cups and the body got some much needed repairs. The nitros got some maintaince and cleaning, was going to start moving the LRP into the Revo but the Pats are coming on and I've been down there all day. Put up some new shelves too, Got a bunch of pics to share.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The Conversion
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    New Double Disk Brake
    [IMG][/IMG]
    6s Stack 5600mh Hard packs, 4s and 2s
    [IMG][/IMG]

The 4x4 Slash
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Yess the lrp finally haha.. that slash looks bad *** with the biggger tires

RC Champion
    Body work on the Flux
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

New Shelves for the rigs
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The shop
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    thats nuts al.. if i had something like that for a work bench i would never leave my house lol
    where did u get that field box

RC Champion
    The need for MIP Shafts on the Slash, lol
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This Slash is a blast with 3s.

Time for a tyre sale
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nothing is broken right now, if it wern't raining I could change that, lol the XL has a new steering servo waiting to go in but that will happen when the LRP comes out and the Picco goes back in, good day to get stuff done. Pats time, later guys.

RC Champion
    Can I exchange my workbench and trucks for your shop? Looks like a miniature hobby shop.

9 trucks! Insane. Ive got 5 and none of them run, only 2 are even capable of running, just my header on the revo bent from jumping and dang glow ignitor gave out
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    That a Home Depot Husky tool bag, came in a set, the big bag I use for all the remotes and the other one I use for tools at work, cheap too.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Can I exchange my workbench and trucks for your shop? Looks like a miniature hobby shop.

9 trucks! Insane. Ive got 5 and none of them run, only 2 are even capable of running, just my header on the revo bent from jumping and dang glow ignitor gave out
    LOL Merv, I am thinking of opening a repair shop for real, take advanage of the small home bussiness tax breaks, paint a few bodies, sell some stuff on ebay to show some income, maybe sell a truck here and there, good way to write off some parts and inventory, lol.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    LOL Merv, I am thinking of opening a repair shop for real, take advanage of the small home bussiness tax breaks, paint a few bodies, sell some stuff on ebay to show some income, maybe sell a truck here and there, good way to write off some parts and inventory, lol.
    well youve got TONS of tires so you could make some money, you can paint some sick bodies, so i think thats a good idea

RC Champion
    Got to tearing down the XL and starting the swap of the LRP 30 into the Number 1 Revo, got things cleaned up, may have to move the tranny back to use the Buku Clutch, the OFNA Flywheel is what pushed everything forward, didn't know it at the time, good thing about being new, bright side is if I go back to stock location I can run the Vantage Racing CVD I have sitting here.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Anybody have a use for a bump box 3.3 brand new, never been run, the one on the end.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Oh yeahhhhh lrp revo baby... keep pics comin.. il be doing this next week when my 30 comes in

RC Racer
    Hi Al, is that a original single steering servo revo? or just conversion? are you still using the stock steering set up? i am thinking of going to a single steering servo for my revo. not sure if want to use as a set up the the stock plastic looks flimsy :-)

thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceghost View Post
    Hi Al, is that a original single steering servo revo? or just conversion? are you still using the stock steering set up? i am thinking of going to a single steering servo for my revo. not sure if want to use as a set up the the stock plastic looks flimsy :-)

thanks
    All the Revos are single servo, I have upgraded a couple of servos, the blue conversion truck still has a stock servo, I've never done anything but disconnect the second servo and they have all been fine, I've busted the steering on my XL a few times but that's the one thing on the Revos I've never had trouble with in the stock config., Oh yea I did go to alloy on the Revo I'm putting the LRP in, got an alloy front bulkhead and tranny too. Its my leg breaker. lol

RC Competitor
    i would buy that 3.3 how much?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stRevo2.5R View Post
    i would buy that 3.3 how much?
    $100.00 shipped

RC Champion
    looking good so far..

RC Champion
    dang...that 3.3 looks tiny compared to the big blocks next to it

do you keep the engines out of all the trucks while not running? or just out in that picture

RC Qualifier
    hey al i have some aluminum shocks like you but i think the aluminum shock end causes my shock shaft to bend/break. Do you have similar problems or not?
    JESUS CHRIST EVERYDAY!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by speed-demon View Post
    hey al i have some aluminum shocks like you but i think the aluminum shock end causes my shock shaft to bend/break. Do you have similar problems or not?
    I have broke one stock shaft with an alloy end, after that I switched them over to titainum shafts, the plastic shock mount becomes the weak link so even on a real bad hit with either plastic ends or alloy if the shaft is going to break it gonna break, remembering back now it was a plastic end that had got oblonged and caused a lot of slop, I think that's why mine broke. I run them big springs too, Inny calls them hardware store springs, they were a kit from New Era, the big blocks carry some weight for sure, now that battery pack is like 3 motors back there, had to put the real stiff ones on it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    dang...that 3.3 looks tiny compared to the big blocks next to it

do you keep the engines out of all the trucks while not running? or just out in that picture
    lol no don't keep them out, doing some moving around, 2 of them will be back in trucks, the HPI on the left is brand new, that's the 5.9 I took out of the XL, I did think it made a good picture though. lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    looking good so far..
    Won't get nothing done tonight Shiz, I'm hanging around in Boston waiting on a Fire Dept inspection at 7, won't be home till 9, I'll have video by the weekend brother man.

RC Champion
    Haha that's fine man I'm hoping to have something by then. What do u think I should go for? 28 or 30. I need to make up my edit mind man haha

RC Champion
    It's in, meshed, piped, ready to go. LRP .30 Buku Outlaw Pipe, OFNA Flywheel, HPI Purple Shoes Weighted, Gold Springs, 16 Tooth Bell with Ceramic Bearings, 38 T spru. Suns back out Wednesday.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Did u get that lrp used al? If u did im sure she still boogies. I noticed a few scatches on the cooling head.. im sure it will only get more from that brute power lol

RC Champion
    Did u get that lrp used al? If u did im sure she still boogies. I noticed a few scatches on the cooling head.. im sure it will only get more from that brute power lol
    Got it new and had it in the XL, it's right in the sweet spot or life, have a good day.

RC Champion
    Well I ordered my 30 cause it looked so sexy in urs. Almost got the 28 almost got convinced but went with my gut on this one. Hope to have that and the mount here by friday

RC Champion
    Got out and did some testing, the grass is tall and wet but it didn't matter, the .30 in the revo ran like a top beat the snot out of it for 2 tanks, one vilolent roll caused the little offset arm on the linkage, the one that mounts with the motor to crack, got another one in the box, it was like mowing the lawn with the trenchers, it's going to be drying out here in the next day or so and I'm off Friday. The best news is the Conversion, got to let it loose with the 6s and brakes, dudes it's sick, I live on a main road and I was out racing passing traffic, it's tricky, have to bring it up to speed easy and at about 50 if you punch it, it's going over, the homemade gear lock is holding up but I have an Ommp's on the way, I'm getting to much power to the front wheels on the LRP revo, got 500K in the diff, I may put the FO shaft in there with the steel gear when the gear lock show up, the taped up trenchers were about 8" in diamiter, total pizza cutters, that was two passes with gorilla tape too. This weekend we strap GPS to all of them and get some video, I'm not buying the less top end on the .30, I've only got a 16 CB on it right now with a 38, got a nice new 19 ready to test out on pavement with the road rages. The Picco .28 is back in the XL, Robin's pipe will go back on that, just modded a 2 speed tranny with titaium and delrin gears, I'll put the 52 stock spru back on it and a 16 CB, should make the Picco real happy, get this been running 20% lately, by mistake I grabbed the jug of 33 and filled the LRP, so I put a cool/med plug in it and richend it up a bit, it ran like a beast, now the Maxx's run way better on 20%, do any of you guys think a big block my like 33% better? Or did I just hit it with the cool plug and a good tune? The littler mother was in the zone for sure, I couldn't tell you right now if I had to pick between the conversion and the Nitro, I'm loving them both, I'm a total half breed right now, I know what to expect out of Nitro, I'm shocked over the Revo Brushless, I think it will spank the Flux, both 6s, the revo handles like an indy car compared to the flux, but I'd feel better about launching the Flux . Sorry for going on, I'm kinda jacked right now, lol Peace my RC brothers.

RC Champion
    Step away from the work bench al... Lol
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    nice to hear u got the lrp in the revo and got to try it out.. now my question to u is, how do u like the lrp 30 compared to the picco 28 in the revo? is there difference in power? which one is better?

RC Champion
    nice to hear u got the lrp in the revo and got to try it out.. now my question to u is, how do u like the lrp 30 compared to the picco 28 in the revo? is there difference in power? which one is better?
    They are in the same ballpark, hard to tell you ones bettter than the other right now, they will both give the revo all it can handle and then some, you won't go wrong either way.

RC Champion
    heading home early to burn some fuel and tune the pipe, first sunny day in weeks is seams like. maybe get some video.

RC Champion
    Yes we need a video of the lrp tuned right lol.. ur the man for the job haha. All these vids I see doesn't seem like they know how to tune an engine lol

RC Champion
    Up camping in Old Orchard Beach Maine, got all the trucks and the workshop with me, great weather weekend coming and this place has a huge open area to bash, I don't know how the Nitro will go over here but I'll give it a shot till they shut me down. Sat out by the fire upgrading the 4x4 slash with some red alloy shock, wheel carriers, motor mount, push rods and a drive shaft to match, all the lipo's are charged and the conversion Revo will get a real good test. Video's tomorrow. The Philly's are out. It's a Cards, Tigers world series, my guess.

RC Champion
    Gotta love the weather right now. It is 8:30pm here in AZ right now, and its 67 degrees. Thats the coldest its been since last year. Once i get a header for my revo i gotta start doing some night driving, kinda wish i still had a working electric for that reason. I love driving at night. With my brushless before i sold it, i would do 40-50mph at night and could barely see the truck. Have a good trip, hope you don't get shut down with the nitro's, but thats why you have electric

RC Champion
    Enjoy Al and take some videos. Here in S Florida the weather will be terrible this weekend., anyway I have to work. I think there is going to be a Tigers champ too.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    Awesome day of RC, did a bunch of maintaince, got the Picco 28 back in the XL, hopped up the 4x4 slash with alloy carriers,motor mount, shock bodies, push rods, all red STRC, good product, I like their stuff, got to run the LRP Revo and she hauls the mail, cracked the linkage arm that bolts on with the motor, had a spare on but it was a different style so had to monkey it up, kinda bummed had that linkage perfect and it's a pita to get it nice with the NE mount, the wife got waked by a migraine so I got no video, she's still down, hopefully it will be gone tomorrow. Sitting by the fire watching the ballgame, record breaking heat coming tomorrow, love working on the trucks outside in the sun, the conversion gets steel wheel shafts in the morning and the big joes for a test, dudes that thing on 6s is about as sick as it gets. Peace my friends..