Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Nope they are stock, if I were to mod one for some reason I'd send it to Robin at ERCR. I don't really see the need to, I can break stuff all day with a stock mill.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Never enough power man never enough haha

RC Champion
    have u ever had any issues with the picco .28? and if i chose to go with that one, what would i need to make stronger in my tranny/? im debating on the lrp .28, picco 26 red dot, or picco .28.. i know the picco max and picco jl red dot have bearing issues, but what about the .28?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    have u ever had any issues with the picco .28? and if i chose to go with that one, what would i need to make stronger in my tranny/? im debating on the lrp .28, picco 26 red dot, or picco .28.. i know the picco max and picco jl red dot have bearing issues, but what about the .28?
    The P3 Turbo .28 Picco and the non turbo .28 are still bashing flawlessly, one of my Maxxes may be feeling some bearing issues now, getting a high idle and lean condition spractaly, but that mill has seen 4 to 5 gallons of fuel, the older of the two, can't complaiin about that. Thinking I'd try a set of Avid Ceramic's in there, this will be my first bearing change and rebuild. Part of me says just get a new one and don't meess with it. Like to try an OS

RC Champion
    Lol.... I like both things (OS mills and rebuilding engines) you can do both too. Which OS have in mind?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danyvw View Post
    Lol.... I like both things (OS mills and rebuilding engines) you can do both too. Which OS have in mind?
    I'm not sure yet Danny, I figured I'd hit you up for some info before I did anything, this one caught my eye.
    http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2078.html

RC Champion
    It has to be a non-bump start? That's a big problem with OS, they do not have a good starter shaft Big Block, OS .30VG is a good mill, reliable, easy to tune with good low end but is not what you will expect from a .30 OS engine.

RC Champion
    Ya I don't see alot of people having bearing issues with the picco 28. And they are about the same price. But id have to do some work to my tranny, what gearrs are usually the ones to change, and is it costly?

RC Champion
    The Roberson Racing kit is the best way to go IMHO. I'll be putting the drive train to the real test, I'm working on putting an LRP .30 spec 2 in a Revo Chassis with a Buku clutch and Outlaw Pipe, going to leave the stock drive shafts on to start and stock wheels and ties, RR wide ratio tranny setup. Will be interesting to see how much damage comes from big wheels and tires comparing it to the Picco .28 Revo.

RC Champion
    Haha man al u had to just say that lol.. I was really gonna go with a picco red dot but I am gonna go back the old route and put a lrp .30 in my revo. I had one setup before but didn't have it long enough to drive it. I am going to be running the lrp 30 with the dynamite 053 pipe. Let me know how u like it compared to the picco. 28. I still have time to change my mind as I have already a few times. When are u doing this?

RC Champion
    It's on the bench now, time to spend down there has been the issue, we'll see how today goes. It sucks when real life gets in the way of RC projects. haha

RC Champion
    haha man u dont waste any time.. its gonna be a month or so before i get to spend any money on my truck, so its on the back burner for now.. but when i do i am going to make one sick truck.. here are some pics of my other revo with the lrp 30..

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/..._3893174_o.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/..._6436025_o.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/..._8038039_o.jpg

rpm a arms and bumpers, big tank conversion by tekno, new era mount, new era roll bar, lrp 30, big joes, trinity pipe.. if i didnt need the cash i would of kept it and put a better pipe on it, maybe some cvds.. loved this truck..but im in the process of making another just like it but better lol

RC Champion
    get a chance to do the lrp job?

RC Champion
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZBF2&P=ML
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVHA5&P=ML

This is what I'm thinking for one of the Revo's still don't completley understand the clutch deal, I think I need a 3 shoe adapter, looks like the one that comes with it is made for the stock 2 shoe clutch, the conversion adds up, but if I have a fully modded chassis, all steel wouldn't this be a good way to go? Where is Inny?

RC Champion
    Not an only nitro guy anymore. Brushless has taken over. Hey are you ever gonna try something like the t-maxx? if you ever do let me know because i am trying to sell mine to get school supplies like a computer
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    Not yet brother, by the weekend, it's Nascar weekend for us so I'll be brining all my gear and we stay up there for the weekend, there is a lot off hanging around time, good time to hang out and wrench, One of them Revo's is going brushless. If I order tonight I wonder if I'll have it for the weekend, lol

RC Champion
    I might have one of those kicking around here for ya, let me check, I just did the deal, what are you're thought on that setup? Have you heard for Matt lately? Take a look at that tekno kit and the MM, think I can get it into the revo, it says I can, now I need to figure out how to run 6s. lol This should be really sick, I love sick. I am sick, hhaha I wish you would have seen the show, next time. Now that is sick.

RC Champion
    That setup will fit in the revo just fine. It hauls with it. Ive seen a video of one in the dunes on 4s with the mamba monster, and it flew up the hills faster than i have ever seen a truck go up the hills, in sand without paddles. I have not seen matt in a while, wonder what hes been up to.

6s will be easy, just stack the batteries and get a big enough velcro strap and it should fit fine. I wanna convert my revo to brushless, that will be someday once my engines give out and if i ever get tired of nitro. The smell and sound is what keeps me, even though i am tuning it every 10 seconds.

If you are able to, go with the Tekin RX8 setup. Ive heard better things about it

RC Champion
    with the kind of money spent on converting a nitro.. may as well get the e-revo thats already setup to handle the power of brushless
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    with the kind of money spent on converting a nitro.. may as well get the e-revo thats already setup to handle the power of brushless
    his are setup though. He has full cvd's and everything upgraded in his revo's. As well as robinson racing steel trans gears. His are setup to handle it easy.

RC Champion
    i wanna see that lrp revo haha.. i miss mine so much.. if everything goes as planed i want to get the lrp 30 again, but this time have it sent to ab mods and have it modded. then im gonna do the robinson racing tranny and get some cvds.. i think it should be sick.. i wish i would of gotten to drive my lrp revo when i had it, i prolly wouldnt of sold it..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    If I didn't have a chassis all setup and ready for it I may have gone that way, but if I did that I'd buy another Flux.

RC Champion
    Then if 9 not enough.... how about 10?

RC Champion
    lol danny, we'll still be at 9 just one less nitro, should be a fun experiment with sick results, parts should be here tomorrow, they'll all get a good beating up at the races this weekend, Nascar and RC weekend in the camper. They call this grown up, haha 49 year old kid.

RC Champion
    9 is not enough...I can see Al having 15-20 trucks.

Hey Al i saw the episode of I survived last night that you guys were in. Very interesting to hear the whole story, But what horrible episodes they put with you guys.

RC Champion
    Al this is the pinion I used in my conversion. Do the mod to the second gear engagement part to lock it in second and you will have F/B/R with the motor.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Oh bro if you get pics on your cell Ill text you some pics of my conversion and set up. I hate to say it but the only things that are good on that tekno kit is the motor mount, rx box, and the bat tray with straps. The rest after looking at it all I decided I would never use. Wish I got on here a little more before hand.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Thanks Matt, you know me, learn the hard way, I did get the 4s and the esc connectors installed today, I'll finish it up at the track this weekend, it was good to talk to you today, I'll hit you up over the weekend if I get jambes up, should just be posting video of the madness. Thanks again brother man

RC Champion
    Definately get some video. I will for sure watch it

RC Champion
    Well the MM Revo is up and running, dudes its totally sick on a 4S Lipo. Built it off my tailgate in the lot at the races, brought 6 trucks up and they have been going all day, its like summer here. I need to lock out first gear and get a y so I can use my brakes instead of the motor.
    I still can't believe it, videos when I get home, can't upload from here, are you guys going to boot me over to the brushless fourm? Lol I won't carry on about elect here, Peace my brothers.
    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    what about the lrp revo lol

RC Champion
    yup.. you are being extradited to the dark side... LOL.... its always good when a project comes together..
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    eww electric.. I hope it shocks you! :P

RC Champion
    Ogreo don’t worry Al is a Nitro guy, just experimenting with some batteries but no more than that.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    what about the lrp revo lol
    Shiz, lol I'll get to that this week, I used to think the same thing about electric, ewwwuu, now I have to try ot get a nitro to beat the electrics, the LRP in the Revo may have a chance of keeping up but the Flux with 6s is crazy fast. it's all fun no mater what's powering it. Enjoy the day guys.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by danyvw View Post
    Ogreo don’t worry Al is a Nitro guy, just experimenting with some batteries but no more than that.
    Still hope for a shocking experience so that he never ventures that way again lol
    Nitro imo will never be as fast as an electric even with similar set up. Electric is honestly very efficient for the large amount of power it can throw down. Engines that small will most likely never really be able to fully compare with out large amounts of mods and lightening. Either way nitro or electric is a full on choice. I used to play with electric ones because I just couldn't afford the nitro and maintenance, or so I thought. I have found it is actually cheaper to run nitro as compared to running electric with mid to high end ranged gear. Batteries costing 100-200 each and the days you fry your car and set it on fire... Yeah all in all nitro is slightly cheaper by my accounts. Oh well it was fun either way But nitro is new to me therefore it is super fun now eventually the shimmer with fade and I can truly compare them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Shiz, lol I'll get to that this week, I used to think the same thing about electric, ewwwuu, now I have to try ot get a nitro to beat the electrics, the LRP in the Revo may have a chance of keeping up but the Flux with 6s is crazy fast. it's all fun no mater what's powering it. Enjoy the day guys.
    Im waiting for urs to be built so u can tell mow it goes compared to the picco 28. I should be ordering one this week. Just not sure which engine yet.. either lrp 28 or the picco 28

RC Champion
    Well the electric learning curve is turning danagerous, lol I did some damage to the ESC this morning with a series connector I made and was sure was right, it stilled seemed to to work so I went to the shop and bought a real one, gave it a try and I had flames fly up striaght about 2' high, no kidding!! I unpluged it and they were gone as fast as they came, the only thing left was the stink, I guess I did more damage this morning than I thought, way less forgiveness with the electric stuff compared to Nitro, the tranny's all set and the brakes got a nice hot racing front duel disk upgrade, part of me says shelf this thing but I didn't let Nitro beat me and electric won't either. This thing will rock.

RC Champion
    Lol.... you will have to talk to DG (I think he is a firefighter) to stay with you all the time you run the electric truck.

RC Champion
    Yup electrified lol... where's that lrp hahahah