Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    After messing around I put the tranny back to the forward location, with the ofna flywheel, even though I got it to fit it wasn't right, and the thought of having to mod spur gears quickly made me come to my senses. We are red neck camping in the backyard so it's been a fun weekend of hanging outside and messing with the trucks, got the whole shop setup under the awning, did have to take the Mashers apart and glue, the trenchers look to be next. Happy 4th You All. I'll get some pics of red neck vill.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    I have to reglue the trenchers this brushless power man its a blast. The diff lock lube I have has to go nothing but wheelies 500k is going in then 50k front 30k rear to make it a little more forgiving.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    inny, so you don't like wheelies? is 500k gonna make it do more or less?
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    It will make it do less 500k is a lot thinner than the ofna diff lock lube. Though I must admit wheelies are fun when I want them but it is kind of ridicules how much it wheelies now. The main reason for dropping to 500k is for WOT passes the front tires skitter across the ground. This makes it hard to control, but not in the sense that it’s all over the place but that it is very unresponsive to steering input. It tracks a good straight line but won’t turn for crap on throttle. Then once off throttle it will want to go wheels up on a hard turn. It could be the tires but I am hoping the sway bar kit will solve that.

RC Champion
    Just finished up the all consuming job I was running so I'm going to have to time for the trucks again, I got the NE mount back I sold to Brook so seeing I have a Picco .28 sitting on the shelf and being a gluten for punishment I'm going to setup the stocker with a BB, moving the tranny forward and running a Buku clutch. I'll run the set of wide ratio RR gears in the tranny and switch over to erevo diffs. Going to keep the alloy off this one and use some lessons learned to go for the ultimate basher. Second time is a charm right. The .26 maxx is in perfect condition so it will make a great spare. May just have to run a set of Badlands on this one.

RC Champion
    There is no doubt I'm a nitro guy all the way, but I picked up a Flux with a pair of 3s lipo's, all I can say is it's total sickness, I never thought an electric truck could spank my BB's, I never got into the lipo thing and didn't know how much power they produce, well I have a slash with a brushless setup in it I got used and put a single 3s in it, whole new outlook on the slash, just put a set of 2.8 rims and PL trenchers on it and upgraded it to RPM arms and shock towers and did the Traxxas carriers and steering upgrades, never seen a 2 wheel drive truck ride a wheelie all the way across the yard, to bad I just broke a drive shaft, the electrics will never replace the nitro's but they are a blast and the people at the campgrounds won't care and I'll get a few less dirty looks from the neighbors after some late night bashing. BUKU clutch update, the clutch is awesome, really hooks up nice and delivers power through the whole band. I'll do a complete write up on it with some pic's.

RC Champion
    Yeah the flux is an amazing truck. My next truck that i buy new will be the savage flux or a savage 4.6, because ive had bad luck when i buy stuff new from traxxas, i get the bad pick. But who knows how long it will be until i buy another truck, because i still don't have my revo running from when it needed parts in april

RC Champion
    Yes Al I have a Rustler VXL with tons of upgrades and that little thing rips my Revo all the time but for me the Nitro smell is something I can’t get rid of. I would appreciate the Buku clutch experiences, I have it in my list of future updates.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Racer
    You use the New Era roll bar with any of your Maxx motors? Everything fit? You use the aluminum rear brace? I have this set up on my 3.3 with a wing and seems to provide plenty of protection. Plus it doesn't get in the way during any maintenance so I'd like to stick one on this .26maxx build if possible.

RC Champion
    One thing about a stock hoop and a wing on a traxxas mount. It wont protect the cooling head on a .26 max. I had a wheels up situation and there was some scuffing and a slightly bent fin. It was so light it took me a few days to really see it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    What an awesome New England day, spent the whole day bashing around the yard and the track down back. Did some fixing, opened up some windows and it helped keep the temps stable. Almost burned a gallon of fuel between all the brothers, I'm thinking these guys may double as a lawnmower. The Maxx with the Hot Racing clutch is really pulling it weight. I'm running everything a little fat while I get the trucks used to warm weather, Cut the day down to a 5 minute clip, JustGregg I got the Big Joe 40's on the XL so you can get a look at them. The alum shoes on the XL are on the out, it just started to hang, noticed it at the end of this vid. Fresh set on the way and another vented 18 to replace the one I put on the revo. My neighbors like the stocker the best. Huge difference in noise for sure, the stocker sounds like a kitten while the others sound like lions. It's way more fun running these in the warm sun compared to what I did all winter. lol

for some reason the picco max 26 looks like it goes better then the .28 lol

RC Champion
    out of both piccos.. 26 and 28 which one do u like more? from watching ur videos it seems like the .26 pulls good even with the big tires on it..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    One thing about a stock hoop and a wing on a traxxas mount. It wont protect the cooling head on a .26 max. I had a wheels up situation and there was some scuffing and a slightly bent fin. It was so light it took me a few days to really see it.
    Even with the rear brace? At 90 duckets I'm definitely not looking too damage the heat sink. Any other suggestions?

RC Champion
    The new era mount may kick it over more and tuck it under. With the ofna its at about the same angle as a stock 3.3 mount. Custom make a hoop or get a new era mount for it are the only things I can suggest.

RC Champion
    Sorry guys had to break down and get a new laptop, Danny I had the NE roll bar on the carbon fiber chassis, didn't have the rear brace, after some rolls it caused the chassis to flex causing spur and clutch issues, the rear brace may have helped this, and I don't think it would be an issue on an alum chassis, then I went to side blow pipes and it was in the way, I thought it gave good protection, it's on the shelf right now awaiting a new location, I don't want to sell it but if you wanted to try it out and see if you like it I'd let you use it for a while, no worries. I've been busy with a couple of projects, been testing the clutches for Buku and they just sent me a pipe to try out, those brass shoes with the komposite tips are sick, I just keep beating on them and they keep taking it. I have to say I'm having a blast with the LIPO power, I just grabbed a 4x4 rolling slash off ebay and a Vel 3500 and 3s exc for it. All I can say is I'm a hard core Nitro guy and I can't beleive what these thing can do. The Flux is total sickness, and the 2wd slash needs weight added to the front to not just go airborn, I don't mean wheelie's it takes off, all it needs is wings. Thanks Inny just what I needed another addicton. Shiz, The Maxx's are awesome and less work, but the .28's are sick and I enjoyed doing what I had to do to make them work right, bottom line a Maxx will do everything someone would want to do with a Revo, it will take the big tires if you want and with the right clutch and gears it can be pretty close to bullet proof. I'm looking forward to see how the tuning works with the Buku pipe, you can tune the pressue and the size of the chamber, go for low end grunt or high speed wot bashing. We'll be getting ready for the Hurricane here, hope all you east coast boys get through in good shape.

Al

RC Champion
    thanks al I realy enjoy watching ur videos. I like the picco. 26 Alot and I think that's gonna be the one I get

RC Champion
    Thanks al for everything. I'm going to buy in a near future the Komposite clutch, what I'm worried is about the tuning thing, I heard some reviews saying that the clutch doesn't hold tuning (the screws got loose) is that right? I really would like the same Komposite material in a "regular three shoe clutch" (Think I'm asking too much)
    I'm in the east coast but south (Florida) and thanks God Irene went far from land. Be prepare brother and good luck.

RC Champion
    Danny,

I haven't had the clutch go out of turn so far, the screws are pretty tight and with the hd springs I'm using on the BB setup I don't see them turning while in use, I'm not saying it can't happen, if I found that to happen I'd use some thread locker on them. On the 10th scale setup I've been beating it silly and the tuning has stayed firm, I hear you about the komposite tips in a regular style clutch, but I've been doing this same thing by using 3 different spring weights and it makes a huge difference, I've been finding the motor spins up more rpm and builds more torque and as the shoes kick in it's rocking, I have been using this therory in the M2C clutches for a while. The hassel is having to take the mill out to change and adjust. So far I'm having good luck testing these so far, a few small turn in either direction and it's like you're using a different mill. You can ride wheelies or be taking off like a rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by danyvw View Post
    Thanks al for everything. I'm going to buy in a near future the Komposite clutch, what I'm worried is about the tuning thing, I heard some reviews saying that the clutch doesn't hold tuning (the screws got loose) is that right? I really would like the same Komposite material in a "regular three shoe clutch" (Think I'm asking too much)
    I'm in the east coast but south (Florida) and thanks God Irene went far from land. Be prepare brother and good luck.

RC Champion
    Good to know. When my shoes get worn will buy those. Think worth the money.

RC Champion
    Holy Moly what a storm, no power, good thing for the 10k genny, good day for relaxing and browsing ebay for parts. Lost some roof shingles and that's nothing to what many are dealing with.

Be safe Easties.

RC Champion
    Generators are so helpful at times like this.

Ha i like your signature, you will have more then 20 by the time your done

RC Champion
    hey al, i just picked up a revo with a piccio max 26.. can u tell me the factory needle settings on this engine? im findiong 7.5 on the low speed and 3.5 on the high speed? are these right? I just got done going through the whole truck and started messing with the engine a lil bot.. seems like it astill has a **** of alot of pinch..
    Last edited by shizcol; 08-28-2011 at 06:24 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    hey al, i just picked up a revo with a piccio max 26.. can u tell me the factory needle settings on this engine? im findiong 7.5 on the low speed and 3.5 on the high speed? are these right? I just got done going through the whole truck and started messing with the engine a lil bot.. seems like it astill has a **** of alot of pinch..
    HSN is around 3 to 4 ends up close to flush, LSN usually ends up close to flush or a turn out, I have two of them and they are both different, set the LSN with a pinch test to get it close, how much time does the mill have on it, do you know or is it new? Did you get moved today? Good luck bro, keep me posted.

RC Champion
    We moved yesterday lol.. we got half our stuff unloaded and the land lord came to unlock the doors for us and she offered us a 3 bedroom house with 2 acres of land in north hartland VT instead of the apt in lebanon NH lol. It sucked having to load it all back up but it was well worth it cause this place is all revo territory lol.
    So I picked up this revo today. It has more upgrades then mine did and it has sick servos on it. Came with a picco max 26: the engine has alot of compression. I am not sure how much fuel is run through it. I have yet to run it cause I spent most the day cleaning it and doing my normal maintenance that I do when I buy something. Hope to get it up and running soon. Most of my stuff is in vermont at the new place.

RC Racer
    Hey Al, any idea what size the one way bearing is for the .26 maxx pull start? I'm bout to pace an order with avid and thought I'd grab one for the tool box. I'm assuming that the OWB can be taken out of the nut that fits to the pull start backplate and be replaced rather than replacing the nut/OWB combo. Can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere though.

RC Champion
    im using the traxxas one way bearing for the revo 3.3 and it works fine..

RC Champion
    I'll have to check, I never noticed that the OWB would come out of the nut on the Maxx pull starter. I'll get some pics.

RC Racer
    While you're at it, have you used the Tekno throttle linkage with the New Era mount on either of your Maxx's? Have any issues?

RC Champion
    Well al I finally got to puut my revo with the picco max to the test and all I can say is wow wow wow. Stupid power. The only thing I can see that needs fixing is the shifting. It doesn't seem like its getting first gear. Almost like its shifting right away when I punch it. It spins like crazy on dirt tho. And when on pavement its like it a single speed. So maybe I need to adjust the shift point. Anyone know what the factory seting is for the shift point?

RC Champion
    Duxx,

If that bearing in the nut will come out I can't do it, I think it's pressed in. it's the same OWB as in the TRX but a TRX setup won't fit in a Maxx pull start, a TRX pull start will fit on the Maxx, I've been through both of them and I just checked both bearings and the same exact writing is on them. I do have a TeKno throttle linkage on the first BB Revo with the NE mount, it's sweet, took some work to get it there. I have pics of it on photo bucket and my page some place. Are you using a NE mount for a Maxx? Opps I should have read that closer, NO I don't use NE mounts with the Maxx's, OFNA mounts are perfect for the Maxx. I do have the Tekno on a Maxx Revo and one on the .28. Love that linkage, with the Orion 1008 it's like lighting fast.

RC Champion
    Just get in there and give it a half a turn towards sooner, with out getting off my butt I think is counter clockwise, there is an arrow on top, then run it, if there is a standard set of gears in it at times you won't even hear the shift. But if it's just revving like a mad dog then get in there with the 2mm and have at it.

Well al I finally got to puut my revo with the picco max to the test and all I can say is wow wow wow. Stupid power. The only thing I can see that needs fixing is the shifting. It doesn't seem like its getting first gear. Almost like its shifting right away when I punch it. It spins like crazy on dirt tho. And when on pavement its like it a single speed. So maybe I need to adjust the shift point. Anyone know what the factory seting is for the shift point?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Duxx,

If that bearing in the nut will come out I can't do it, I think it's pressed in. it's the same OWB as in the TRX but a TRX setup won't fit in a Maxx pull start, a TRX pull start will fit on the Maxx, I've been through both of them and I just checked both bearings and the same exact writing is on them. I do have a TeKno throttle linkage on the first BB Revo with the NE mount, it's sweet, took some work to get it there. I have pics of it on photo bucket and my page some place. Are you using a NE mount for a Maxx? Opps I should have read that closer, NO I don't use NE mounts with the Maxx's, OFNA mounts are perfect for the Maxx. I do have the Tekno on a Maxx Revo and one on the .28. Love that linkage, with the Orion 1008 it's like lighting fast.
    It's taken some grinding and filing but I finally got the Maxx to sit right on this NE mount. I asked about the OWB because Avid has them for about 8 bucks but it's just the bearing. The Ofna bearing/housing is 30, I think the TRX pull start is less than that. I'll peep the pics on your site before I harass you anymore about the Tekno linkage, I'm still working through some issues with that. Is the Orion 1008 a throttle servo you're referencing?
    Last edited by Duxx; 08-30-2011 at 08:30 PM.

RC Champion
    Ya im gonna mess with it tomorrow. My land is great for this truck. There's more then enough room to run it. Im running the trintiy big block pipe with no stinger and wow its loud lol.. I got it tuned in so good righht now. I love this motor.I just need to adjust my shifting. Cause I can't hear it shift but its def getting top speed

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
    It's taken some grinding and filing but I finally got the Maxx to sit right on this NE mount. I asked about the OWB because Avid has them for about 8 bucks but it's just the bearing. The Ofna bearing/housing is 30, I think the TRX pull start is less than that. I'll peep the pics on your site before I harass you anymore about the Tekno linkage, I'm still working through some issues with that. Is the Orion 1008 a throttle servo you're referencing?
    I'm running that one as a throttle servo, I have an Orion for steering in the XL right now and it's full of toque, have to get the number, can't remember it, but it throws the 40 series mobes around like nothing. they weren't cheap but you get what you pay for right. Side note, I break 3 trx pullstarts to one Ofna made for the Maxx, for what it's worth, no comparison bro. I haven't had an OFNA OWB fail yet, not one.

RC Champion
    Ya im gonna mess with it tomorrow. My land is great for this truck. There's more then enough room to run it. Im running the trintiy big block pipe with no stinger and wow its loud lol.. I got it tuned in so good righht now. I love this motor.I just need to adjust my shifting. Cause I can't hear it shift but its def getting top speed
    Like I said before you may have a standard set of gears in that tranny, you don't hear the shift like you do on a wide ratio set, if it's taking off good and hitting top speed you may be right in the wheel house, you can tell by gettin on it and smashing the brakes and getting back on it, if it takes right off again with no bog your shifting down right, and if it's not revving the **** out of it then its up shifting just fine, like I said, i'm running a standard set in one revo and it's really hard to hear the shift if you've been used to running a wide ratio. Just Beat it and report back, lol

RC Champion
    To my buddies that don't know the story of me going through the ice on a snowmobile on my birthday in March of 08 I just found the up coming reruns of the I Survived show they did on our story.
    Warning: We ended up the feel good story stuck between 2 bad rape and murders stories and they go back and forth not a great watch for kids, I know a lot off my friends that were looking forward to seeing the show with the kids to see Al on TV had to turn it off. Just an fyi. DVR it and you can bypass the nastyness.

45 - Sharon/Al & Linda/Misty

Sunday September 18 8e/7c
    Monday September 19 12e (AM)/11c

A woman is lucky to be alive after being assaulted by a man who has murdered before. A family's snowmobiling outing on a frozen lake turns to horror when the father falls through the ice. Two teenage girls encounter a killer, but only one survives the nightmare.

RC Champion
    Thanx for the info Al. On September 18th will be in front of the TV and don’t worry, will kip my kid far from it.

RC Racer
    What station is it on?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    mERV |3.3 T-Maxx|3.3 Revo|.28 Madbash

RC Champion
    I Survived is on the Bio Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Need|4|Pede View Post
    What station is it on?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Hey are any of your picco 26 engines modded by ab mods? If so what was the ouutcome? Do they work good