Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    I wish they made them for 40 series. they look so good.
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    Inny your right again!!! I'm going with these and I'm getting adapters for both the revo and xl so I can move them around .

http://www.hobbyfever.com/product_in...oducts_id=4905

These should really take a beating and no stripping worries for sure. Thanks again bro.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Looks like they will cut your track width down a bit just have to see how tippy it will be. But they look awesome and nothing wrong with a 23mm hex. Look out for something that will elemanate the slop kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion

Right again Inny

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Looks like they will cut your track width down a bit just have to see how tippy it will be. But they look awesome and nothing wrong with a 23mm hex. Look out for something that will elemanate the slop kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    You know the only set of off sets are the stockers I have now, so that's not an issue, I'm dealing with that by lowering the truck and it's working just fine. I was hoping the adapters will help with the wobble, it's really bad on Revo 1 now, so it's worth a shot, got to give the XL credit when it comes to that issue, no slop at the wheels at all. More Importantly is I get to tape them, I'm dieing to see how these babies will haul the mail when not all balloned up. The only reason I'm doing this. I have enough wheels and tires to start a shop, it's fun moving them around to see how they do on different setups, like the Big Joes, they took the tippy ness rigth out of the XL, it was incredible, and with the tera pins on the Maxx I mow the lawn while bashing, killing two birds again. Inny Thanks for your Service to our Country, your boys did a heck of a job last night.

RC Champion
    Al your inbox is full.

Those bad mamajamas did the US proud my hats are off to them.

RC Champion
    23mm hex huh...like you said should have no problem with stripping. Im thinking about going with savage hexes when i get some new rims and tires. Because i dont want to have to deal with slop after a few months with traxxas hexes

RC Champion
    You can fix it easy with a number of things to keep the cost dowm TM I am going to try some JB weld on the threads when I get the motovation to rip it apart to do it.

RC Champion

Total Sickness!!! Don't be freaking over the XL pic, it all ties in. lol

The ERCM pipe came today for the XL, so that means the side blow from the XL goes on the Maxx, I have it coming out the rear right now to see how it would do and all I can say is holy edit!!! This hot dog lets the Maxx really air out, I couldn't believe it to tell you the truth. Both Rigs are a hand full of sickness, had to do some tuning but quite frankly I'm amazed. I'll get the header to turn that into a side blow like it's big brother, the body will actually fit over it now, I just needed to see what it would do. The Hot Bodies Clutch is holding up to the beating like a champ. I didn't have it in me to mess with video, it's cold and getting ready to rain. The new tires and rims are on the way, I can't wait to have a set of taped tires on the Maxx Revo, aka, the lawnmower, with the terra pins. All you see is a roster tail of grass flying in the air.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks Robin!! The pipe looks and performs like a gem, couldn't be happier, you Rock Dude. Worth every penny and them some. And the Maxx is reaping with joy with its hand me down pipe.

RC Champion
    Al what gearing are you running in the .26 now and is it an 1/8th scale CB with the newer 3 shoe?

RC Champion
    Al what gearing are you running in the .26 now and is it an 1/8th scale CB with the newer 3 shoe?
    16/38 gearing, the clutch is the Hot Racing, 3 shoe 10th scale, made for a 3.3 motor, so to get the 3 pin flywheel to fit it needs to be milled a bit to sit up tight to the block, my first try with these I figured out the hard way. Best clutch in the world. lol

RC Champion
    Just to get my thread updated, the new tires and rims are working out great, so great I got another set of 23mm bead locks and a set of Mashers, I will use the Gorilla tape on this set as someone had said, I had some Gorilla but it was in the camper lost in a bin. The 40 series Mashers looked like a good combo tire for the off road bashing but they will do fine on pavement also, got some rebuilding parts for the diffs, I am going to try out the diff lock in the turbo revo, part #5381x, Jay at Hobby Fever said a lot of guys are running them and like em for the dirt. I'm mainly on dirt and grass anyway so we'll give it a try. Lastly on the updating, the Stocker is going to need a new name, it's getting a center diff and rear brake kit, the Maxx is coming out of the CF chassis and going in the alum chassis. To much flex for that mill, I think the 3.3 will do just fine in the CF chassis. Got half a day of unexpected sun today and it's a wash out now. Off to the shop to rip some stuff apart. I'll be putting those bead locks together with a cordless this time, no more blisters lol, That wheel is discontinued by Proline I just found out, so I grabbed the last set these guys had. I'll have some deals on nice 17mm wheels and tires when I get things sorted out. If your in the market for tires pm me, I'll get a list together.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 05-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.

RC Champion
    Al in your max do ou have a huge oily mess after you run it covering the entire rear of the truck?

I found the problem the oring was broken.

RC Racer
    When I used to race 1/8th mile dirt track, we always welded the rear diff spyders so we had a solid drive...so a diff lock on soft surface makes perfect sense. However the diff is a must for hard/asphalt running as wheel scrub will wear your tires prematurely.

RC Champion
    Thanks Ck, so it should be good to go where I'm on the grass and dirt most all of the time. If I'm going to run pavement we'll use a different truck. Inny you'll end up with a bigger pipe on that thing, with a big rubber gasket and not just an o ring, I run 2, the black one that adapts to the orange one for the bigger header, no leaks or mess back there. The diff lock is going in the .28 revo, planned on putting the 3.3 in the CF chassis, the bottom mount screw is stripped so I'll half to rip the whole thing apart to get an ezout on the screw, or leave it and get another Maxx to replace it. lol He had one sitting at the shop today too. If they weren't stacked up 7 deep waiting for the guys help I may have just walked out with it. While that motor was out of the truck I checked out the condition of the clutch, it still looks like new, great clutch kit for 15 bucks. Yep that's what I'm going to do, get the Maxx so all the trucks will be Picco powered. Inny those pics you just put up made up my mind, lol.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Just to get my thread updated, the new tires and rims are working out great, so great I got another set of 23mm bead locks and a set of Mashers, I will use the Gorilla tape on this set as someone had said, I had some Gorilla but it was in the camper lost in a bin. The 40 series Mashers looked like a good combo tire for the off road bashing but they will do fine on pavement also, got some rebuilding parts for the diffs, I am going to try out the diff lock in the turbo revo, part #5381x, Jay at Hobby Fever said a lot of guys are running them and like em for the dirt. I'm mainly on dirt and grass anyway so we'll give it a try. Lastly on the updating, the Stocker is going to need a new name, it's getting a center diff and rear brake kit, the Maxx is coming out of the CF chassis and going in the alum chassis. To much flex for that mill, I think the 3.3 will do just fine in the CF chassis. Got half a day of unexpected sun today and it's a wash out now. Off to the shop to rip some stuff apart. I'll be putting those bead locks together with a cordless this time, no more blisters lol, That wheel is discontinued by Proline I just found out, so I grabbed the last set these guys had. I'll have some deals on nice 17mm wheels and tires when I get things sorted out. If your in the market for tires pm me, I'll get a list together.
    Not sure why they discontinued them. Nonetheless ebay is flooded with them. Picked up a pair today for 20 bucks.

RC Champion
    The sleeve is a 7 intake and a 1 port exhaust the ofna sight has it listed as a 5 port intake 1 exhaust.

My header uses this o-ring. None the less I want to run a bigger pipe and a good header but I have to run what I have for now.
    Last edited by insanity; 05-07-2011 at 08:37 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
    Not sure why they discontinued them. Nonetheless ebay is flooded with them. Picked up a pair today for 20 bucks.
    Duxx that's awesome! Nice deal

RC Champion
    Installing the diff lock today, will get a few picks, the Mashers are going on the redesigned Maxx Revo, and I'm picking a new Maxx for the CF revo on the way to Mother's day gathering, the wife is livered, lol Happy Mothers day Al, hahah She don't get it.

RC Champion
    Diff lock is in, simple job, the best part about it was the trick of sliding the rear bulkhead out with out even taking off the tires. Totally slick, makes diff maintaince simple for sure. It's in the turbo revo, it's going to take some getting used to and some chassis tuning, but this thing takes off like a rocket. Couple of photos of the swapped out fleet, new maxx coming today for the CF chassis.

[IMG][/IMG]

Dudes I didn't know you could have the back off like this in like 4 minutes, totally the best part of the upgrade, lol. Good to learn something new everyday, I'm covered for today.

[IMG][/IMG]

The new Maxx setup, Center Diff and Rear Brake. The Mashers are going on this rig. The Maxx loves the side blow pipe.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm eating clutch bell bearing like mad lately, when the back stock is gone I'm switching over to the Avid's for a try.

[IMG][/IMG]

The CF Revo, waiting on it's new mill. A Picco .26 Maxx. This chassis has the Vantage Racing CVD's, Steel shafts, titanium push rods, Orion Steering Servo. Just can't put a 3.3 back in it. That would just be wrong. What it is going to get is the Road Rages and we'll keep this on the pavement. Gotta have a street machine to keep the nieghboors on there toes.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 05-08-2011 at 11:41 AM.

RC Champion
    Awesome. I can see alot of driveline parts breakin in the future because of that power. But oyu probably have it all upgraded by now. so if im correct you have a picco in every one of your nitro trucks once you get that maxx for the cf? thats nuts. Nice work on all the revo's

Im also eating up cb bearings every day even with my 3.3, i dont know why. ive gone threw all the bearings i have now
    Last edited by ToXiC MeRv; 05-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Awesome. I can see alot of driveline parts breakin in the future because of that power. But oyu probably have it all upgraded by now. so if im correct you have a picco in every one of your nitro trucks once you get that maxx for the cf? thats nuts. Nice work on all the revo's

Im also eating up cb bearings every day even with my 3.3, i dont know why. ive gone threw all the bearings i have now
    LOl dude, I've been breaking drive line parts for a long time, that's why I've done the crazy edit stuff I've been doing to get that turbo revo to handle the power. The drivelines are in good shape now. I'm done modding, I'm strickly into bashing now. Gotem where I want em.

RC Champion
    awesome! i gotta get that hot racing clutch for my revo and some better bearings. my cb came part way out while driving on fridayay because my e-clip came off so the clutch spring broke so my now my spur gear is thin like an hpi spur gear.

If i lived in dover it would be an honor to bash with someone like you. Awesome work

RC Champion
    Got the new mill in hand, planned on grabbing another Hot Racing setup But he was out, lol he had a run on them, people from here, lol, I'll give the Intergy 3 shoe another chance, it pooped out due to the bearing and e clip failure, like you said Merv, for the life of me I don't know why I seem to be going through so many clutch bearings.

RC Champion
    Too tight of mesh is my guess.

RC Champion
    i actually have my mesh loose...like just perfect

RC Champion
    I don't know, I'm gapping it with paper, tired bearings, I'm leaning toward the alloy shoes making more heat as the culprit, I think I'll test out a set of fiber 3 shoe and see if the bearings last longer.

RC Champion
    Take a video next time you take the trucks out. maybe jump over the electric trucks or something lol. Every time you post a video i always enjoy watching it...even if it is short

RC Champion
    Take a video next time you take the trucks out. maybe jump over the electric trucks or something lol. Every time you post a video i always enjoy watching it...even if it is short
    Merv go to my you tube page, all the full length stuff is there, I use that editor to make them as short as possible to make whatever point I'm trying to show, but there is a ton of stupid bashing video on there, lol I'm stilled bummed the camera wasn't running when the CF Maxx linkage hung up, that would have been priceless, I would have submitted that one to Funnyest Home Videos, and I bet it would have had a shot at winning lol, these things do produce a lot of laughs, I find myself laughing out loud by myself at some of the wacky things I've done with the trucks, you know the commen thread of the crazyist stuff has to do with balloonong tires, when your hammering and all ballooned up and weight transfers from one front tire to the other watch out, a big air cartwheel is coming,lol. Love this edit!!!

RC Champion
    Yeah me too. When i was at mesa i had a tire come unglued and so when i gave it gas all the other tires balloned like crazy and the truck was like hopping up and down and about to roll over at all times because of the one unglued tire...made me and my buddy lol because we dove it like that for about 10 minutes before his dad came home with super glue. like it was hopping about a foot or two into the air

RC Champion
    The Maxx is in the truck and got it's first tank thru it, gave it a heat cycle and burned up another one, got a video loading, from the box to running in less than an hour, put the intergy 3 shoe alloy clutch on it just to give it a fair shot, new bearings, a 16/38 setup for now. I preheated the motor just a little and primed it with a quick blow in the line and it started on the first pull, no bull either, they send them fat and didn't have to touch any needles, it just ran, I blurped it off and on, tank 1 really don't even count for break in, it's really for the push rod. Got it to make 191 and shut it down and put the air to it to cool it off, back to 70. Thats a heat cycle, they love that edit. when new. I messed up something on the video settings, a 3 minute video is 240 mb, it's still got 24 minutes to go, that's crazy, bed time for me, i'm 2 hrs over due, I couldn't go to bed with that mill in the box, am I a sicko or what, I tried to go to bed too, when we got home, I put my stuff in the shop and came up got ready to hit the rack and I couldn't do it. lol I love this edit.

RC Champion
    since your in bed, i'll post your video on here for ya

RC Racer
    Awsome, do you like the Racing CVD's, Steel shafts. Do they take off weight or just stronger, what are the benefits of having them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by effbluedragon View Post
    Awsome, do you like the Racing CVD's, Steel shafts. Do they take off weight or just stronger, what are the benefits of having them.
    Not worried about weight with this chassis, it's all about endurance, Vantage Racing CVD's they are one of the only ones that got the setup right for the rear brake kit. The titanium push rods and Traxxas steering rods are stronger. The benefit of the steel shafts is both strength and less rotating mass. We'll be adding some weight when the new wheels and Mashers go on, no exaggeration when the big joes balloon up i bet they are an inch and a half wide and 7 inchs tall, I'll get a video before I take them off. Got the Gorrilla tape ready for the mashers.

RC Champion

This will be no more. Fitting up the Mashers now.

RC Champion
    Got some pizza to cut?

RC Champion
    haha i'll take them off your hands for free. Lol just kidding i know how expensive those things are. Mashers are a nice and soft tires. i still prefer the maxx tires over the mashers... better for offroad In my opinion and they like never lose tread

You can cut the pizza im having for dinner with those tires...always wanted a big block pizza cutter LOL
    Last edited by ToXiC MeRv; 05-09-2011 at 07:29 PM.

RC Champion
    haha i'll take them off your hands for free. Lol just kidding i know how expensive those things are. Mashers are a nice and soft tires. i still prefer the maxx tires over the mashers... better for offroad In my opinion and they like never lose tread

You can cut the pizza im having for dinner with those tires...always wanted a big block pizza cutter LOL
    No more pizza boy for me brothers, second time is a charm, I got this set done in half the time with the cordless, I like the Mashers, they are going to be a good combo tire, I bet they will be more forgiving than the trenchers, when the trenchers hook up on a corner see ya,, should be a good contrast and fun on grass concidering all the rubber will be on the ground.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    No more pizza boy for me brothers, second time is a charm, I got this set done in half the time with the cordless, I like the Mashers, they are going to be a good combo tire, I bet they will be more forgiving than the trenchers, when the trenchers hook up on a corner see ya,, should be a good contrast and fun on grass concidering all the rubber will be on the ground.
    try selling those big joes then. you could get alot out of them

RC Champion
    try selling those big joes then. you could get alot out of them
    No those are keepers for now, they may be the first set I try to get off the rim by trying some of the trick talked about here, then I could tape them and get them on a set of off sets, even the stock wheel would have more of an offset, or just tape them and put them back on the same wheel, at least they won't be pizza cutters. What's the best way to unmount, I've heard the oven, boiling, microwave, anybody got the proven method?

RC Champion
    Al Pm me your email addy.. i have an excel file that can help you calculate your top speed.. well at least close to it... i had it a long time now.. and i'm just sharing to the new breed of revo fans