Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XJoeTheShowX View Post
    yeah the legnth of the shock is shorter on all 4 so i dont know it kinda made me mad cause i thought they would be the same legnth
    that is odd and im gonna have to check now...
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    yeah idk if i just got the wrong ones but i thought that the erevo and summit shocks are the same length idk i might go order just the traxxas aluminum upgrade idk cause i cant send them back i dont think

RC Racer
    here are some pics of it finally got around to taking apart again i just had the stock spings on the gmps but in all the photos both the stock and gmps are fully extended and its pretty clear the difference.

RC Champion
    yea the rally,summit and revo all use the same shocks. the rally has two spacer inside the shocks to limit travel though.those gpms are definitely shorter. now i really want to check mine.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    yeah i have no idea it said they were for the revo but maybe the guy got them mixed up for like the boss or something with shorter shocks they fit in fine but it just ruins my clearance and travel so idk i thing ill just stick with stock for now until i get something else that is actually the same length

RC Champion
    i switched back to the steel roll cage and made some inner fenders for the front out of some scrap lexan. i think the cage looks more "realistic" with these tires.

PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    yeah that looks pretty sick man did you check your shocks??

RC Champion
    kind of. in your one photo it shows the gpm shock not even close to the rocker like the stock shock is. my gpms are very close to the rocker like the stock ones are but i didnt compare the shocks side by side.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    yeah idk o well ill just get some different ones l8r i do alot of jumping so i need the travel im just going to stick with stock for now

RC Racer
    Nice.. I have put mine on the back burner for a bit .. Had to complete some honey do list stuff.. I am thinking of swapping back to the more stock setup with the rpm arms and flipping the trans gears back for some speed..

This is whats been taking up my time.. bought the electric fireplace insert and built a mantel for it..
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

RC Champion
    nice jeff, yea i havent done much either. been trying to get alot of mtb'n in before winter gets here.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    time for an update with some cool new pics.. went out today for a couple of runs at an old local crawling spot. my friend brought his axial scx10.i wanted to see how my summit would do against it. my truck "crawled" most of the things that the scx10 did but it did have alot of trouble on other parts that the axial just climbed over with ease. oh well i didnt build mine to be a crawler but a go every where type of truck and it did just that.

on a steep off camber turn. never got this line down..

coming up out of a hole

i actually did crawl up this rock but i think this picture is of a backflip try

a little air over the rock pile "rock racer" style

and some donuts to round out the day

PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Competitor
    twisted since you put the slash links on your truck does it seem as if it wants to flip more and easier???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
    twisted since you put the slash links on your truck does it seem as if it wants to flip more and easier???
    actually its the opposite. the truck is lower now and that means the center of gravity is lower and results in better cornering.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Competitor
    idk what it is then lol if i do a hard straight start in the dirt it spins around hen when i corner it gets on 2 wheeels everytime

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
    idk what it is then lol if i do a hard straight start in the dirt it spins around hen when i corner it gets on 2 wheeels everytime
    anything binding in the suspension ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    so the truck has been working really well for awhile now so i decided to test the driveshafts strengths again by putting in a 2s lipo. they broke...
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    anything binding in the suspension ?
    nope and i took everything off and inspected and cleaned but the lhs guy said his 1/16 merv does the same thing but he is running lipos and im just running a single 1600mah nimh

RC Racer
    time for gpms driveshafts?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XJoeTheShowX View Post
    time for gpms driveshafts?
    idk, the thing is already heavy.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    The truck looks really cool!!
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Qualifier
    Where did you buy the shocks from? Can you please pm me the link.

page 1 bump lol what did you use, or how did you install the ofna lock lube? i tried to do this last night and just ended up with a sticky mess.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Dude dont use the 5000k or the diff locker just use silly putty works great at almost locking but a little movement, its easy to work with and also it is way cheaper.

not to mention WAY cleaner. lol

RC Racer
    yeah i used silly putty after i tried the diff locker and that diff locker is so goopy and sticky and hard to get rid of and thats if you can even get enough into the diff so just go with silly putty

regular old silly putty then? pack a bit on both sides of the spider gears and close it up?

Twisted, did you do anything to modify the stock axles to work with the Axial rims? On mine i am using their alum hexes that have the raised ring to fit the larger axle holes in the rims and it doesnt leave me very much stub axle to grab onto. Or does the 1.9 rim have the 3/16 axle hole?

RC Racer
    Hey twisted, I have a quick question. Jumping back to the first page of the thread here you were using 1/16 e-revo driveshafts. You also said you were running the stock batteries and the drive shafts were holding up fine. Were you running the stock batts in a series or were you in parallel? By the way I love all your pics of your little rig, it's pretty sweet.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    page 1 bump lol what did you use, or how did you install the ofna lock lube? i tried to do this last night and just ended up with a sticky mess.
    i used a qtip with the cotton end cut off to apply the ofna dif lock.

Twisted, did you do anything to modify the stock axles to work with the Axial rims? On mine i am using their alum hexes that have the raised ring to fit the larger axle holes in the rims and it doesnt leave me very much stub axle to grab onto. Or does the 1.9 rim have the 3/16 axle hole?
    i havent used axial rims. the 1.9 rims i use are losi's and they do have the smaller diameter hole.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaptainic View Post
    Hey twisted, I have a quick question. Jumping back to the first page of the thread here you were using 1/16 e-revo driveshafts. You also said you were running the stock batteries and the drive shafts were holding up fine. Were you running the stock batts in a series or were you in parallel? By the way I love all your pics of your little rig, it's pretty sweet.
    i only run one pack at a time. any more then that and bad things happen to the drive shafts.
    Last edited by twisted; 10-19-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Awesome, i did reorder a set of Losi 1.9 rims after i found the part # for them.

RC Champion
    Awesome, i did reorder a set of Losi 1.9 rims after i found the part # for them.
    did ya get the full beadlock version or the one with te fake beadlock that you have to glue the tire onto ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

Part# 1471 is the ones i ordered. now that i think about it i dont know if those were the beadlocks or fake beadlocks lol.

my luck probably fake lol.
    Last edited by Cameron; 10-21-2011 at 01:44 PM.

RC Champion
    Part# 1471 is the ones i ordered. now that i think about it i dont know if those were the beadlocks or fake beadlocks lol.

my luck probably fake lol.
    it looks like those are the full beadlock ones. better get to reading my post about them, lol.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    its time for a little maintenance. heres a list of things to do:

make new body panels
    check drive train for any binding (had some speed issues lately)
    maybe do the tranny flip so i can run my lipos and get some longer run time
    refill diffs. they havent been touched since i 1st put the ofna diff lock in em and they are getting alot free-er.

ill take some pics of anything cool and definitely of the new panels.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    well i started tearing into the truck. all the bearings are rolling free. gear flip done (i havent tried it yet) new panels made just need to be painted,broken battery door and i found my slipper wasnt working at all. could be the reason i broke more shafts... the slipper pad was fused to the cast aluminum plate. so i had to get that off and clean up the surfaces.
    oh yea almost forgot, bearings in the motor do not sound to healthy. i have another motor ill swap in for now.
    Last edited by twisted; 11-06-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    so an update... sorry no pics. i did the tranny gear flip and im gonna run a lipo. i also changed to a different motor (same type) as the bearing in the OEM one were squeaking. i also went up a couple of teeth on the pinion. glued on hole shut in the gpm shock pistons so i could get better dampening. i still have to paint the new body panels and then ill get some pics up.

gonna try out hte new set up now.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    well the little changes i made above make the truck so much more enjoyable. it was plenty fast enough for what i do, it was smoother for low speed stuff and the piston hole mod gave the dampening i needed.

would any one be interested in me writing up my set up ? so one wouldnt have to search through this long post...
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    Yea that would be cool. Throw some pics in too when you wright up your set up.

RC Enthusiast
    i second that!!