RC poster

2.5 Tranny Problem (T-MAXX)

Today for some reason my t-maxx won't move when you apply throttle. The spur gear is brand new and tight, but it still won't go. When I lift the front or back up and roll the 2 wheels on the ground the opposite ones turn along with the wheels on the floor, so I'm assuming that the tranny gears are fine. And when you apply throttle, the drive shafts just chatter or not move at all. NEED HELP I WANT TO GET THIS FIXED ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Have you checked the clutch shoes in the clutch bell

Does the spur gear spin when giving throttle? Do you have reverse? If so you may have a broken pin in the transmission or a stripped gear.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I have the same problem mine will go work in reverse but not forward. I pulled tranny apart all gear are good and couldnt find any broken pins. Anything else I can check?

RC Racer
    Sounds like it may have something to do with the clutch bell/shoes, the spring may be out of its groove on the shoes or the shoes are worn/broken. If the engine is able to start, idle and rev up, watch the silver flywheel and clutch bell area and see if it is transfering power to the spur gear. If not, you will have to take the clutch off and check it out. That's how I would start troubleshooting your issue.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxismobster View Post
    Sounds like it may have something to do with the clutch bell/shoes, the spring may be out of its groove on the shoes or the shoes are worn/broken. If the engine is able to start, idle and rev up, watch the silver flywheel and clutch bell area and see if it is transfering power to the spur gear. If not, you will have to take the clutch off and check it out. That's how I would start troubleshooting your issue.
    Nothing wrong with clutch shoes, just a broken primary shaft pin. (It's all that monster 3.3 POWER!!!!)

RC poster

Angry T-Maxx 2.5 tranny jump

hi my tmaxx 2.5 transmission is jumping forward even when the idle is really low..... i tried to adjust the shift points and i think i might have loosened the wrong screw. please help!!

Check the engine clutch for a broken/bent spring, which if broken will cause engagement at idle.

Make sure the 2 speed clutch screw pin is tight & readjust the shift screw if needed so it shifts correctly.

When rotating the 2 speed shaft that sticks out of the front of the trany, the screw pin that holds the gear to the shaft is the first one, the shift adjustment screw is the second one.
    Page 32 in manual, http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...KC0404-R01.pdf
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC poster
    hey I have the 2.5 and I am having trouble with the it not moving and all the gears in the trans is good when I use my easy start to roll the motor over I can hold the gear where the spur gear sits I guess that is where the clutch shoes are or should I be able to hold the gear where the clutch shoes are