RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Oh my goodness.... Guess what i just bought!!!!!

I FINALLY GOT ONE.
    I cut a deal with a guy on e-bay for a new, in sealed package, Monster Energy Camaro.
    I got it for $350 CDN shipped. I realize thats a HUGE premium VS a stock brushed Rally... but I really wanted this thing. My intention is to keep it on a shelf and never run it. Ill probably swipe the radio for my wifes pede but will likely keep the rest of it bone stock.

I also have a deal im trying to work out for a USED Monster Camaro... I think from a member here who got one and actually ran it and got it scratched up. Because its scratched its just not worth NEARLY as much as a new one so I wont buy it unless we cut a really good deal... but if I win it, im actually going to run it. Might as well.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement. Ill post a pic when it shows up.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    we don't wanna see a pic of a box!!! joking man, good for you! i would take the wheels and tires and save those, run the rest of the car with different ones!

Well, the car I bought new will stay in tact... the car I MAY buy used (for the right price) would get run... but maybe just the body. I have sweet wheels and tires that I really like so id probably just keep the used body and sell the rest. But we'll see how that goes. The new one will get unboxed and sit on my shelf... it wont ever get run. I dont have any illusions of it being worth anything substantial down the road... just a conversation piece... something to look at and know its special in some way.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Pave that's awsome. Vary special in alot of ways to us traxxas fans sharing these months of newly released models. The whole rally thing caught me buy surprise, and to find a limited "CAMARO" is hard to do without throwing $ out the window. Way to go. Persistence can pay off.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpall View Post
    we don't wanna see a pic of a box!!! joking man, good for you! i would take the wheels and tires and save those, run the rest of the car with different ones!
    Pave already has enough 1/16's that he can save that car (the entire car) in mint condition.

Once again pave, I am jealous. I think you should give me one of the fiesta bodies to make up for you having 1 and possibly 2 comaros.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

Your welcome to my fiesta body... Tell ya what, straight trade for your credit card number and expirey date. Hehe. If I do end up with the 2nd car, I will have some fiesta bodies for sale, but youll have to watch the market place for them.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Congrats pave!

RC Champion
    How did you get that, I thought that monster and traxxas had given them out as promotional item's and were not to be sold. If that's the case I hope no problem's come your way. I myself would love to have that RTR.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    I knew that was you!!! I saw the first and last letters of the buyer amd said to myself "that's got to be Pave". Well I have some great news as well, I also purchased one and I have ZERO plans of even removing the shrink wrap. I think an official owners thread is in order to keep track of these cars. As you mentioned, yes HUGE premium over the 1/16's currently available but it's a limited edition. I mean, when i saw Ryan driving one of these around the shop i thought to myself, "Monster paid someone for a one-off, im curious where the body came from". I have a feeling Traxxas will release a camaro kit around Christmas time but you'll never see another "official" Traxxas Monster Camaro unless it's a replica.

I'm trying to get a copy of that particular episode in DVD format, if anyone can DVR it up and give me a copy it would be awesome.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Racer
    I hate seeing someone buy something and have it sit around,if its a fake car on a shelf or a real car sitting in the garage,If you buy it use it that's the whole point its a TOY not an antique or a Picasso painting. This is just as logical as buying a 50" Plasma and mounting it on the wall and not plugging it in or hooking up HD programming ,how can you enjoy it without using it for the purpose it was designed for..if you like the body and look of it,buy you pos used beat up car,slap the nice body,and wheel and make it look good from the outside and run the new car ,,but why let good parts sit worthless on a shelf?

sorry end rant

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash1987 View Post
    I hate seeing someone buy something and have it sit around,if its a fake car on a shelf or a real car sitting in the garage,If you buy it use it that's the whole point its a TOY not an antique or a Picasso painting. This is just as logical as buying a 50" Plasma and mounting it on the wall and not plugging it in or hooking up HD programming ,how can you enjoy it without using it for the purpose it was designed for..if you like the body and look of it,buy you pos used beat up car,slap the nice body,and wheel and make it look good from the outside and run the new car ,,but why let good parts sit worthless on a shelf?

sorry end rant

Oooook. Art "collector", classic car "collector", antiques "collector".......People collecting items that have value to them or because or they are rare items. Why pay more for a collector item to then, say in the case of a classic car, beat the crap out of it. May as well have spent less on a kit car.

See my point? In my case, I did not buy this car to use it, I purchased it for the fact that there are only about 100 made and we will never see more......collectability. Will we see more camaro bodies from Traxxas? I think so. If all I wanted was a camaro rc vehicle to play around with I would have purchased a used Sprint Flux chassis and made a camaro car at a fraction of what I paid.

This is why, in my case, it will sit on a shelf box and all. I have zero desire in using a 1/16 scale car when i have my OFNA GTP2e. Not sure where all the anger is coming from, it was not your money lol.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Racer
    people collect CERTAIN art,cars,antiques because as we all know not everything rare is collectible and not everything collectible is rare. I guess the same reason you don't want any old camaro rc vehicle is the same reason I wouldn't drive a kit car,cause its not actually that car,just a fake, Like the Lamborghini kits you can get for a ford tempo,it may kinda look like one,but it wont handle or drive the same at all,its a completely different vehicle .now that I would keep in the garage.a real lambo no, Im going to take it out and have some fun with it.

but thats the difference I want the real thing so I can use it and abuse it like it was meant to be used .where in your case it doesn't matter,if you were totally worried about collectibility and being rare you wouldnt unbox it or use the remote for something else,,,which by taking and using an original part makes this rare package either "partially used" or "not all original parts" if you go to sell it sooo its worth has just dropped through the toilet

Im sorry this is an rc car,yeah it may be 1/100 but this isnt like a 1969 all original Camaro ,it wont be worth a ton,,if it was how come you can pick up "rare" vintage rc cars up all day long for cheap ,,why because at some point you realize,oh darn I have a bunch of plastic toys,some money is better then none.

If this was the ONLY rally I had... then yes, id say it was a shame not to use it... but if I was going to buy a rally to USE... id buy a standard one for about half the price.
    I honestly do see your point about collectible VS useable... but let me ask you this. If you saw 2 lambo's for sale. One was $100 000 and was a typical model the other was $200 000 and was an ultra limited edition... same car, just different paint and wheels for $100 000 more... which would you buy if you planed to run it and which would you buy if you planed to keep it.

now lets say you LOVE lambo's and already have a base model in your garage all set up the way you like it that you drive ever day and you had an extra $200 000 sitting around and some extra space in your garage. Maybe youd consider buying a 2nd, special edition one to have on display. Thats all im doing. I HAVE a rally that I run whenever I get the chance and I love it. I dont NEED a 2nd rally... but I LOVE the way this camaro looks and because its so limited I feel its a shame to buy it and run it... once they are all bought and smashed there will be no more left.

Currently I have a set of wheels and tires and a body that are brand new... they are the "show" parts I use on my rally when its sitting in the house on a shelf. When I run it, I put on the "go" body and wheels. Now that I have a full "show" car I no longer need to have my "go" rally sitting on display so ill sell off all the "show" parts I no longer need. In the end, I will have paid a premium for a limited edition car that is collectible to ME... maybe not everyone else, but to ME its worth something.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    people collect CERTAIN art,cars,antiques because as we all know not everything rare is collectible and not everything collectible is rare.
    That doesn't make much sense. People collect any and everything for just about any reason. Just because slash1987 dosent approve of the reasoning behind the decision to acquire the item it does not make it wrong.

I guess the same reason you don't want any old camaro rc
    I didn't purchase the Monster Camaro because it's a nice camaro. I don't care for the fact that it's a camaro in the first place but rather that's it's a limited rc toy car from Traxxas, a brand I've grown to like very much.

but thats the difference I want the real thing so I can use it and abuse it like it was meant to be used
    There is no "real thing", it's just a toy rc. I have plenty of rc vehicles to and use like the real thing.

where in your case it doesn't matter,if you were totally worried about collectibility and being rare you wouldnt unbox it or use the remote for something else
    Please show me where I stated that I am removing the car from the box.

Im sorry this is an rc car,yeah it may be 1/100 but this isnt like a 1969 all original Camaro ,it wont be worth a ton
    No one is pretending, acting as if or making the Monster Camaro out to be anything more than it is, a toy rc thats not mass produced and some of us desire it for that. Sorry, your not breaking any news to me. You are the one that seems to have a problem with the whole scenario. No one else is waving their 'fits of rage'.

,,if it was how come you can pick up "rare" vintage rc cars up all day long for cheap ,,why because at some point you realize,oh darn I have a bunch of plastic toys,some money is better then none.
    I'm not concerned with what others are doing or why they thought it was a great idea to hang on to a potential 'rare' item only to take a loss. Once again, it seems to bother you for reasons I will never understand.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    If this was the ONLY rally I had... then yes, id say it was a shame not to use it... but if I was going to buy a rally to USE... id buy a standard one for about half the price.
    I honestly do see your point about collectible VS useable... but let me ask you this. If you saw 2 lambo's for sale. One was $100 000 and was a typical model the other was $200 000 and was an ultra limited edition... same car, just different paint and wheels for $100 000 more... which would you buy if you planed to run it and which would you buy if you planed to keep it.

now lets say you LOVE lambo's and already have a base model in your garage all set up the way you like it that you drive ever day and you had an extra $200 000 sitting around and some extra space in your garage. Maybe youd consider buying a 2nd, special edition one to have on display. Thats all im doing. I HAVE a rally that I run whenever I get the chance and I love it. I dont NEED a 2nd rally... but I LOVE the way this camaro looks and because its so limited I feel its a shame to buy it and run it... once they are all bought and smashed there will be no more left.

Currently I have a set of wheels and tires and a body that are brand new... they are the "show" parts I use on my rally when its sitting in the house on a shelf. When I run it, I put on the "go" body and wheels. Now that I have a full "show" car I no longer need to have my "go" rally sitting on display so ill sell off all the "show" parts I no longer need. In the end, I will have paid a premium for a limited edition car that is collectible to ME... maybe not everyone else, but to ME its worth something.

Oh my.... that sounds just like me
    For me it's vintage Traxxas and Associated
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Racer
    Here's mine.. Had no idea it was special.. It's been driven..

Only about 100 licensed from GM and Monster so they are pretty rare. According to traxxas there will be no more made.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Bellyupfish, nice picture! Did you add that Traxxas sticker? I read they don't come with any Traxxas branding.

Pavement- These must have been ordered by Monster for thier promotional campaign. I really wish they had opted for a brushless/2.4ghz setup. Yes I know, it was cheaper in cost in it's current configuration.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyUpFish View Post
    Here's mine.. Had no idea it was special.. It's been driven..

How did you get it?
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    Got mine! Any doubts I had about owning this thing flew out the window once I held the box. Get one while you can!

-Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

Amen to that... look at that box... that is one nice box.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I just bought Bellyupfish's Camaro... now I can run one and keep one.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Hope you enjoy it! I need to find me a merv now and slap a Fiesta body on it..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I just bought Bellyupfish's Camaro... now I can run one and keep one.
    You have serious issues........
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

Haha, not gonna argue with ya on that one. My wife won't argue either. It's just money, ya can't take it with you in the end anyway.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Oh so yer the one who swiped that out from under me. I was gonna buy the body till you came in. Thanks pave. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I'm a huge Camaro fan. I got hooked when my uncle rebuilt a 69 SS from the ground up. I collected Hot Wheels camaros and most recently(couple years ago), I was collecting the Jada Big Time Muscle Camaros. The 1/18th, 1/24th, and 1/64th scale camaros are awesome. I even have one of the 18th scale cars signed by Chip Foose(my favorite, cherry red with silver flames, Fooses sig with a silver sharpie). I have since limited my collection and I spend my money on RC cars now. I enjoy all of my collectable cars but being able to bash around with an RC car is awesome.

I really like the Monster Camaro but I don't see myself ever buying one as I have enough cars sitting on the shelf and I would hate to run a rare car and take it away from someone else who would keep it as a collectable. So, all I really want now is for Traxxas to come out with a Camaro as they have recently for the Mustang. I think I would definately buy one and use it for racing at the local Hobby Town. Also, Traxxas must come out with the First Generation Camaro(Monster body) and the newest 2010 Camaro.

Well, it arrived today. Its as nice as id hoped. Since this one was used as a display model for a give away the box was already opened. I figured, since its already open its not really "sealed" and its literally JUST going to be on display on my shelf so I removed the motor/ESC/radio and battery. The rest is fully in tact and un touched.
    Heres the pics:

I lowered the body by one mount hole since theres no weight in it to retain that super low, tires tucked look. Im keeping the box, manuals and everything else that came with the car in the original box so if I do ever want to sell it, I could put it back to complete status...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Awesome. That looks really cool!!

RC Champion
    Slightly jealous...

He he he... im actually jealous of myself. Nah, im just kidding
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

How do you like my stove?

This is the runner... its almost new looking though

And this is the keeper on its perch in the living room.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Looks familiar!

Better than expected. Thanks again.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Awesome, glad to hear it..