I ran my truck four times with this new motor mount installed and the bearing failed just as fast as the smaller traxxas bearing. What a jip. The first two times I ran the truck was in a manicured patch of 1/2 inch tall moss/grass with almost no dust 3S battery and then yesterday I took it to a more dusty more coarse sand area and ran one 2S pack and then the 3S again. Very little full speed throttle runs as the areas just did not permit due to space. Pulled it apart today to inspect and the bearing is seized up tight and put major wear on the aluminum bearing adapter. Right after I got KH mount it tore up my center dif as well even thought the bearing had not seized. I noticed that the bearing had a slight bit of slop when inserted into the over sized bearing. KH bearing seals appeared cheap and very thin and flexible.
I even went the extra mile and tore the bearing seals off and cleaned them and re-inserted Silkolene Pro RG2 Racing bearing grease in. No such luck for continued bearing life. What a bunch of miss leading info. I should have saved my money and this is why I feel the need to post my experience. I by no means abuse my truck where I am one of those guys you would get mad at because I won't subject my expense RC toy truck to much.
Pictures to back up my story:
[IMG] Inside bearing failure by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] closeup Kingheads seized bearing by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] Kingheads Mount with seized bearing by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] Traxxas Slash 4x4 slipper by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] Damaged center differential by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/IMG]