RC Competitor

I have a couple questions about engine tuning 3.3 Slayer Pro and reciever quits.

I race my Slayer Pro in my local 4wd open class and when I can keep it running properly I can compete with any truck in class the new 1/8 AKA Cityblocks and 17mm hubs made it hook. I have had a tuning issue sometimes even if I don't touch needles I start getting high idle and the rpms stay up for a few seconds after releasing trigger but I have a hard time finding sweet spot. Anyway do you think it's the high or low needle I seem to have a very small sweetspot or it runs bad? Also sometimes during race my reciever justs quits and I can't figure it out if I pull the battery and plug back in it works. So I just got rid of small battery cage plug and it did it once tonight in a heat so I don't know the trucks only a couple months old. Any ideas,rookie help,Thanks

Make sure the idle gap is fine. High idle and hanging RPM's are a sign of a lean LSN.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    The high and low idle is your clutch engaging ans disengaging, now if it's going to high check the gap in side the carb and also check the glow plug so see if it's tight and check for air leaks, I have also heard there is a problem with the switch and the dbl A battery holder hope this helps.

RC Competitor
    Nevermind about the tune issue! I went to rebuild shocks and other maint. and noticed broken motor mount also caused hole in intake tube because it hit the spur gear. I'm sure the broken motor mount and hole in intake is the problem with tune. Man I have put alot of money in this truck lots of broken parts motor (mount,a-arm,pushrod,servo gears,skids,servo saver mount and arm,rear bearings froze,and to top it off the reciever acts retarded. I like this truck but my SC10 runs in evey club race also and I don't have any issues with it and I don't fly the triples or really dog it out, so I might sell my Slayer and get a 1/8 scale buggy if I have to invest this much money to keep it running! Anybody using a better motor mount instead of the stock one? Thanks again!

RC Competitor
    I beat the snot outta mine. Put a big hole in the intake tube, broken motor mount and a good sized tear in the exhaust coupler.........and it still ran like a champ. Go figure.

RC Competitor
    The a-arm was my fault! But othrer issues where during normal racing just like everyone else as controlled as possible, but my track is hard as a rock and bumpy so it's tough on trucks. Also how easy is it to spin your motor with it out of the chassis because mine is real easy but I guess you lose compression when gas lines are disconnected. I HOPE! The motor is only two gallons old and I run it rich! Thanks Again!