RC Champion

Trickle Charge Time

How long should I trickle charge my stock 1200 MAH batteries for 100% battery capacity? My charger is a peak charger and after they peak, I leave them in to trickle charge for a little over a half hour. Is this enough, or should I keep them trickle charging for more than that to get 100% battery capacity?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think that leaving them hooked up to the charger for more time after the cycle is complete only will cause overheating the batt and decreasing the lifetime.

RC Champion
    I charge my 3000mah powercell at 0.5 amps till the peak detection kicks in around 2890 mah so I think with a 1200mah will use most of its capacity if you have a high quality charger you can also adjust the delta peak sensitivity I have mine at around 6mv (lower = more sensitive) but if you want most of the capacity I would put it up to 7 or 8mv
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    if it has peaked then slow charging straight after will do nothing.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    if it has peaked then slow charging straight after will do nothing.
    Isn't trickle charging good for the battery, though? And a peak is just about 80% battery life, so trickle can get it up higher, that's the idea for trickle charging. Right?

RC Qualifier
    i think the ideas of the trickle charge is just to maintain the peak, so when ur charging and get distraced by something and come back to them later there still at peak charge, i dont think u gain more power after peaking
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5