RC Enthusiast

The Ttitan 775 and pinion

What is the bigest pinion I can have before I start getting in trouble with the stock set up?

RC Racer
    You can run an 18p but shes goin to get warm!
    dewalt 14.4

RC Qualifier
    Maybe I have a bad motor (bought used) but was thinking of increasing my pinion size to HELP with motor temps...at stock setup of 14/68 the truck is slow in high gear and the motor is hot after only a few minutes...was thinking about the Hot motor, cool esc= under geared rule.....Maybe a 16t would be better?
    ERBE | Slash 4x4 PE | MERV | Rustler VXL | Summit

RC Champion
    I would say bad motor. Im no fan of the titan 775 but with a stock 14t pinion it should be in the safe zone. A larger pinion will net you more speed but would usually increase the temparature of the system. And for being slow in high gear - you are aware that top speed for the summit is only 20-22 mph.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

If you want to stay brushed dewalt is the answer...If you want speed not the best platform for it.... but tekin rx8 will give you both speed and crawlability at a price .plus have to waterproof it youself,and warrenty issue if you need to have it repaired
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I'll have to get a radar gun on it at top speed....maybe 20mph is slower than I think. Been driving brushless too long!

I had a brushed e maxx that did between 20-25 and it seemed much faster...who knows. I bought the motor used, but was supposedly new (only run for 30-45min on a track in an 1/8 buggy and then he switched to brushless).

I bought it for rainy day running and some trail riding... maybe I just have to get used to it.
    ERBE | Slash 4x4 PE | MERV | Rustler VXL | Summit