Thread: Getting a slash

RC Racer

Getting a slash

Hi all,
    I'm getting my first slash. It's not here yet, but should be sometime next week. The local track has a stock brushed slash and they allow 2s lipos. The slash that I'm geting has the xl-5 waterproof esc in it. So here's my question. Will the esc have a lvc so I won't damage my lipo or do I need an external one? As always thanks in advance to anyone who can help

RC Champion
    If you are getting a new one then it should. You can check by looking at the sticker on the ESC.
    Land of the free?

RC Enthusiast
    I got a new slash from tower hobbies a few weeks ago and it did have the lvc xl5 so yours should

RC Qualifier
    It should say in the manual. I know that on all traxxas ESCs with LVC you turn it on by turning on the esc, and then holding the button for +- 10 seconds and it bleeps and turns the opposite color. Green is on and Red is off. You could do that and see if it has the two modes. I asume that with a non LVC xl-5 it would just turn off, not change color and bleep
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Hey thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it. I'm getting a vxl system from a local guy brand new in box for $100.....can't beat that! We have more then one local track here and one of them has an open 2wd short course truck class and I can run the vxl system in that. Thanks again!