Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    I run those same bats, but instead of your series plug setup I actually run one male plug, from the battery, through the vent and then from the other side run the female bullet, from the battery, through the vent. Then I connect those two together. Then on the ESC I only have the male and female on each wire. It works nicely because you do not actually have to have a series connector and looks a little cleaner.
    I have not had any problems with them coming off either, nor did I cut the vents to stick them through. Just my 2 cents.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by oreellyfool View Post
    I run those same bats, but instead of your series plug setup I actually run one male plug, from the battery, through the vent and then from the other side run the female bullet, from the battery, through the vent. Then I connect those two together. Then on the ESC I only have the male and female on each wire. It works nicely because you do not actually have to have a series connector and looks a little cleaner.
    I have not had any problems with them coming off either, nor did I cut the vents to stick them through. Just my 2 cents.
    hey oreellyfool, sure every comment is welcomed. it would be great if u could post a picture of your connectors setup, i would like to see how you did that

whats your feedback for those lipos, did you do any break in? and how was the balance between the cells of the lipo. Also let me know about your run times depending on ur driving style, i would like to compare with mine when i have the chance to test them.
    Last edited by uninterrc; 03-21-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Enthusiast
    Ok lets see if I can accomplish posting pictures... haha, never been too good at it.

As for the batteries themselves, I really like them, for the price/quality i really do not think they can be beat. I have been using them for a year now and literally had 2 bad ones of about 30. One of which (4s 4500mah hardcase) came with a broken balance wire and i refused to ship it back to china. the other nice thing is the new USA warehouse is about 30 minutes south from me, so I can order regular shipping and have them here next day. No complaints there for sure.
    The balance between the cells was fine. i used to have a bunch of data but sold everything back in Nov because I thought I was getting out of the hobby... but I got sucked back in. So I have nothing for actual number anymore.
    Run times, I would get a sold 25-35 minutes out of 2 batteries in series. I love it. Do not get me wrong though, I do notdrive it like a bat out of he||, so you could get a lot less drive time with the throttle slammed. Actually my old stock b4.1 I used to get 50 minutes from one battery but that was because the ESC was crap and didnt draw much power.

And the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by uninterrc View Post
    hey oreellyfool, sure every comment is welcomed. it would be great if u could post a picture of your connectors setup, i would like to see how you did that

whats your feedback for those lipos, did you do any break in? and how was the balance between the cells of the lipo. Also let me know about your run times depending on ur driving style, i would like to compare with mine when i have the chance to test them.
    Last edited by oreellyfool; 03-21-2011 at 10:31 PM.

RC Racer
    Nice mods^^^

Speaking of batt connections I ordered from ********* two ***** 4's 14.8v 8000mah lipos at just over $100. waiting until a good mount set up is in place to run the set up.

Altogether they came with bullet connectors balance plug. On mmm esc I've set up for a single male traxxas high current connection with that I made a simple adapter to link the two together (bullets to traxxas high current.

IDK but has any one noticed that photo bucket is always having removed or deleted link issues from there site. Webshots works great for me no issues in years with pic uploads if your looking for a great free online web host, fyi.

ED
    Can't drive it, leading me insane, dream it!

RC Qualifier

Talking Double Upper Braces Mod

Hey everyone, i ve been away for a while due to my studies and didnt have the time to continue with my build. However this summer i was able to fit the LST diffs into the bulkheads. Since i did the modification by removing material from the bulkheads therefore weakening them, i decided that i have to reinforce the chassis for both the rear and front and avoid breaking the bulkheads due to the chassis bending.

I got this idea from other people in the forum who used 1 stock erevo pushrod mounted at the rear shock tower by making their own mount that fits on top of the shocks. Well i figured out that i wanted something stronger and simpler to do with just stock parts. I decided to use 2 stock erevo pushrods for the rear and 2 stock slayer pushrods for the front which work perfectly. The chassis now feels so much more rigid and i believe that it could actually work. What would be also great its to combine the rc solutions roll cage with my double upper braces modification...if my mod does not actually get in the way of the cage.

Parts required for the modification
    2 stock erevo pushrods (removed the blue spacers)
    2 stock slayer pushrods
    erevo front shock tower
    erevo rear shock tower

For the front as you can see i have used an erevo front shock tower and trimmed its back so it fits nicely onto the body post mount and by using a hand tool i have drilled two holes onto both the shock tower and bodypost mount to tighten them together. I have also inserted the blue spacers from the revo pushrod into the slayer pushrod because i wanted to use a bigger screw that tights into the shock tower because i couldnt use a longer screw with a pulley underneath due to it getting into the way of the rockers. I have also used two purple spacers between the shock tower and body post mount to make it more rigid.

For the rear i have used an erevo rear shock tower and again trimmed its back but only drilled one hole. Exactly below the hole that i have drilled the shock tower has some space that needs to be enlarged for it to perfectly sit onto the rear bodypost mount. Here its fine to use a long screw to hold the erevo pushrods, tighten by using a pulley underneath because it doesnt get in the way of the rockers.

Well thats it actually, a very simple mod that can be done in an hour or less if you know what you are doing. Hope you like it.....at least I like it
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

interesting.......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    you think so???? i think it would be great with the rc solutions roll cage, maybe it would be an end in breaking bulkheads but would it fit????? and if the bulkheads would not brake then what would brake? the force would probably be transferred to another part.
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Qualifier
    you think so???? i think it would be great with the rc solutions roll cage, maybe it would be an end in breaking bulkheads but would it fit????? and if the bulkheads would not brake then what would brake? the force would probably be transferred to another part.
    I bet the force of an impact will be transferred to the chassis. So replace a bulkhead vs. replace a chassis?
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Qualifier
    Well i think if one brakes then the other one shall brake too. What i mean is that if the chassis bends way too much that it brakes then the bulkhead must bend together with the chassis which will ofcourse cause it to brake too. as with the rc solutions roll cage which reinforces both the chassis and bulkheads i think that this mod too provides support for both the chassis and bulkheads. have a look at my thread and you will understand what i mean, there is an occasion where this happens. bulkheads brake together with the chassis and a certain point due to bending. i am certainly sure that my mod reduces that bending but you never know, you cant really predict much in this hobby

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...khead-Failures!!!!
    Last edited by uninterrc; 10-03-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Qualifier
    why is it that i can't seem to find that HPP motor brace any where?...did they discontinue that product?...i don't see it on their site at all?...or am i just looking in the wrong place...

http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-shop/en/HPP-Germany

RC Qualifier
    Thats strange it seams that i cant find any of there products, i think you would have to email them about it?
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Qualifier
    There you go its at the bottom

http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...s-fuer-TRAXXAS

If you through their site you cant find it, but if you go directly from the link provided at the first page of my thread which i have posted above you can find it and its in stock. Weird
    Last edited by uninterrc; 10-04-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Qualifier
    Their page is weird...if u click on the english version...u don't see it...it disappears ...if u click on the german version...it comes back on...hmm...im wondering if they're not selling to the USA?...anyways...i'll shoot them an email.

thanks.

There you go its at the bottom

http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...s-fuer-TRAXXAS

If you through their site you cant find it, but if you go directly from the link provided at the first page of my thread which i have posted above you can find it and its in stock. Weird

RC Competitor
    Looks like it would be in the way of my front swaybar.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't try this at home!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbVII View Post
    Looks like it would be in the way of my front swaybar.

Really???? which sway bar kit are you using??? traxxas or tekno??? I have the traxxas one which is new in package (never tried it) and i was wondering if it will fit together with the braces. i dont really remember which one but i think one of the two kits (tekno or traxxas) could fit together with the braces. i will have to check on that.
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The motor brace doesn't come close to the sway bars

RC Competitor
    Really???? which sway bar kit are you using??? traxxas or tekno??? I have the traxxas one which is new in package (never tried it) and i was wondering if it will fit together with the braces. i dont really remember which one but i think one of the two kits (tekno or traxxas) could fit together with the braces. i will have to check on that.
    I have the traxxas swaybars.

Don't try this at home!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You were talking about the motor brace right?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    You were talking about the motor brace right?
    Oh sorry no. The frame brace

Don't try this at home!