Thread: had fun!

RC Competitor

had fun!

I finally got the slayer to a track and was able to really drive it like it was meant to be. I had a blast and the truck was great! I had a few good wipe outs and managed to get a rock stuck in between the fly wheel and chassis. I literally had to almost remove the engine to get it out!! It also ground down the fly wheel a bit. Has this ever happened to any of you?

I also managed to move the engine forward enough that the air filter and carb were chewed up by the spur gear. Why is it so dang close!

Anyway, my new possible problem is that I am leaking fluid, wd-40 between the fly wheel and block, i think? Is it possible? If so, what has failed? The cone or bearing or am I way off base?

RC Competitor
    So now not only am I chasing a leak I have a few parts too replace!!! Found this while digging for the source of my mysterious fluid leak!!

The carb might be okay if it is not cracked. The silicone adapter needs replacing now as does the mount.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Hahaha....Thanks Double G! Your funny!

What about the fluid leaking from between the fly wheel and block? I have NEVER had it leak there? Is it normal?

RC Competitor
    This is a really slow response board. Do any of you pros know of a quicker response, higher activity board?

RC Competitor
    1-800-traxxas.......hahaha!

A bearing will not seal 100% so a little bit of leakage is normal but if you get fuel slung around the chassis and body or it is dripping then there is concern. But this happened to me when I put too much WD-40 in the engine after each run. Do an air leak test on the engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Thanks Double G and E03.

A air leak type of blow down? Pressurize the cylinder and see what type of psi it gets to?