RC poster

Stampede to Slash 4x4??

We all know by now that the Stampede 4x4 and Slash 4x4 are quiet the same.
    I have read some threads about using pede this on slash this and vis versa.
    So I'm lookin for some insight to changing my stampede to a slash?? I have looked into it alot, seems all I would need to do (and could be wrong here) is remove pede tires, replace with SC tires. Remove the front and rear drive train assembly, get a slash chassis (could get just the stock chassis pretty cheap) install the F/R drive train on the slash chassis. Remove the pede bumpers put on slash bumpers. And install the electronics.....and pinion change, tweak hear and there.........

Now it sounds like alot but I don't think it would be to hard. The platforms are very easy to work with....
    .....Any input/ or anyone that's tried this would be appreciated......

THANKS

RC Qualifier
    You pretty much nailed what you have to do. If you wanted a slash from the get-go you should have just purchased one and saved a couple $$ in doing so as the P4de is a tad more money right now. In any event, welcome to the family and enjoy!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Qualifier
    i just swapped from slash to pede LOL
    yes that list sounds about right. You may want to look at springs and center diff also.

Why are you switching?

RC poster
    Thanks guys.... Ive got a 2wd slash that I race. I built it basically from bottom up with different parts from traxxas 1/10's and after markets I bought..extreme racing carbon fiber chassis and towers!!
    So i got alot of slash parts....I would really only need to buy the 4x4 slash chassis... NOW I LOVE MY STAMPEDE!! dont get me wrong.. it rocks... but i also love the SCT.. so I wanted to try out a 4x4 one... throw some big bores on it.. pro-line tires ..lipo and see what it can do!!!!!!!!

RC poster
    PLUS.. like the Idea of going back and forth,, 2 trucks in one !!! Well Kinda...lol. with some work!! curious to see how difficult the conversion will be!!!!

Oh Pede tip: I had a rustler body layin around,,with a few dremel holes it looks great on the Stampede!!!!

RC Qualifier
    how did the rear sit on the rear shock tower?

RC Enthusiast
    I too love the pede 4x4 but wanted a slash look every now and then. I'm new to this but the lhs told me just to change the tires and body and that would give me a new look. Is that right?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You need the slash driveshaft, slash driveshaft cover and slash battery hold down bar also... those parts are different.

Other than that, I think everything else would work wtih some tweaks. You can use the pede waterproof RX box at the front of the slash chassis... theres mount holes for it just like on the pede.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    also the receiver box is differente in slash 4x4 than in stampede 4x4

regards

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Yes but the pede box will work in its factory location if your doing a minimum conversion
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    what conversions ?

regards

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Title says, "stampede to slash". If you have a pede, you don't have to by a rx box. The pede box will fit without issue.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    When I converted my pede 4x4 to slash 4x4 mt the only problem I ran into was that the wires to the rx box weren't long enough ( I got 2 extra wires going to the rx) so I made a spot work in between the servo and esc

I only spent about $25-$35 converting it

slah 4x4 chassis
    battery hold down
    center drive shaft cover
    center drive shaft (or center diff)