RC Racer

slayer not tracking straight

I have a weird issue...at least in my head at the moment. For the truck to track straight with steering trim centered. I have one turnbuckle longer than the other. If I put them at 2"(stock) I cannot get it to track correctly. I noticed the manual states 31.7mm for servo arm, yet in the pic they have it at 41.8mm. Any ideas what might be going on. I double checked for breakage and all looks fine.

Probably something I'm missing..

RC Champion
    Did you add a second servo? The slayer only came with one. Are the servo horns at the correct angle? That would account for one needing to be longer that the other if that’s why you have it that way. Otherwise make them equal lengths adjust the servo horn to the correct angle and then use the trim to make it track straight.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Racer
    Just one servo...T
    That's what I thought. The turnbuckles have to be the same length. I must have the servo horn on wrong. I'm working on it now. Any idea what length the steering arm needs to be. Does the servo horn sit perpendicular to the frame or is it offset a few degrees?

RC Champion
    It is 7 degrees to the rear and 41.8mm as you seen on page 34 in the manual.

RC Champion
    I do see the confusion on that now I read it more. I double checked on my revo 3.3 and the link is 1.7"

Here's what I've done: make sure the turnbuckles are the same length where the tires are straight or have a slight toe out. With the horn removed from the servo and the linkage removed from the horn, make sure that the trim is at "0" and that the upper and lower steering arm under the skidplate is straight. So now the tires should be straight, the whole steering assembly straight and the servo at neutral; attach the horn and then attach the steering linkage to the horn after adjusting it. The horn will not sit perpendicular but it will be off just a little bit.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    No they have equal steering, the horn is off 7 degrees from center line of the chassis not the splined nub of the servo it stays centred.

RC Champion
    Ya the splined part the actual horn attaches to is at 90 degrees.

RC Racer
    I still can't get mine right. If I have the steering link at 41.8mm it is too long to attach. It forces the steering link to move, thus causing it to be off center when I attach the horn at a 90. If I shorten the link it works somewhat, but it will return to center if I steer one way, but not center the other. I have my turnbuckles at 2" exactly on each one. I have went over this over and over....I swear to get this thing straight I have to have diff. length turnbuckles and I know that can't be right.

I have lasered a centerline down the truck on the floor and measured 20 times after making small adjustments to both back and front centerline of tires.

This is driving me nuts...it can't be that difficult.