RC poster

Revo 3.3 with picco .28 jl team turbo

Hey need help setting up my revo 3.3 got the big block kit have tried to fit the clutch 1/10 scale 1/8 scale only 1/10 scale works . 3 shoe from m2c any help please reply I'll post pictures if needed thanks

RC Qualifier
    What are you trying to say? Did the 1/10th work (why or why not) or did the 1/8th work (why or why not)?
    My Revo: OS .18TM, 16/38 gearing, wide ratio 2nd speed, futaba throttle servo, new era shock ends, FOC, Pullstart, P3 rockers, Aluminum Pushrods, Plymouth HEMI Cuda' Shell, LT springs, GTR shocks, did i mention its got a HEMI!! And a wicked fast TRX-1!! (It'll smoke the Team Associated's B4)

RC Racer
    What motor mount you using? I'm using an 1/8 clutch set up with a lrp. 28 and a new era mount with no problems... I did have to move my trans forward about 1/4" tho...
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Enthusiast
    LOL, good luck with that. I think you have motor P/N 51234 am I right? If so it is going to take quite a bit of doing to get that motor in a revo. This is bump start only right?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ausher1880 View Post
    What motor mount you using? I'm using an 1/8 clutch set up with a lrp. 28 and a new era mount with no problems... I did have to move my trans forward about 1/4" tho...
    Do you have your mount opened up for the 1/8 clutch?? Or is it closed for 1/10 clutch.. Not sure why you had to move your trans??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydubbin View Post
    Hey need help setting up my revo 3.3 got the big block kit have tried to fit the clutch 1/10 scale 1/8 scale only 1/10 scale works . 3 shoe from m2c any help please reply I'll post pictures if needed thanks
    Which bump start are you using ?? If your using the tra big block mount I think your limited to a 1/10 clutch, it only brings the big block back so far.. I seen a couple guys with that engine in there revo's I'll try to find out what there setup is and get back to you..

RC Racer
    It doesn't seem as strong moving the arms back on the motor mount...... what clutch you use on your slayer so you didn't have to drill new trans holes or move your mount back?
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Qualifier
    i choose to run the 1/10th clutch M2C racing.. im only spinning small SC tires.. and there clutches are awesome so adjustable..thats why my mount is in closed position...

RC Enthusiast
    Only the mid blocks will fit on the new era mount or the traxxas mount or any other without further mods as I understand it (I may be wrong). A true big block requires what ausher1880 said. Take a look at this...

This is what I have been working on. This is a qoncepts mount (in black) and my home made mount (in silver) the qoncepts mount will allow a pure bump start for these revo/slayer trucks. The traxxas mount may I dunno as I have not had my hands on it. My motor would not even sit between the rails of any of the mounts nor were they long enough. I wanted to also run a 1/8 scale clutch and clutch bell because I am running 1/8 scale wheels and tires on my slayer.

Last edited by DK slayer; 01-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.

RC Qualifier
    The new era mount is for big blocks only...
    The big block traxxas mount is bump start only...
    Mid blocks usually have there own mount...
    So that is a picco .28 in your pic?? Your using a bump start right??
    Last edited by Ckeithnitro; 01-20-2013 at 12:06 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes it is, p/n 51234 same engine as the op is asking about. It is a true big block.

RC Qualifier
    Nice that engine is powerful !! Any running vids for the future? Do you have a YouTube channel?

RC Enthusiast
    I do and there will be vids. I am still not done with it though. I travel for work quite a bit and I have another hobby that takes up a ton of my time. I am very excited to get this truck going I have bought some very nice parts for it so far. I have not even started the engine yet but I hope to be doing that very soon.

RC Qualifier
    Is it DK Slayer on YouTube also??

RC Enthusiast
    No it's not.

RC poster
    setting the engine that far back did you have to notch your rear bulk head to slide the arms out?and are you going to attach the rear of the mount to the chassis?looks good.
    Last edited by madmechanic; 01-24-2013 at 03:56 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    No and no. The mount has been trimmed down and with it being bump start only there is no large backplate to rub. It fits nicely with everything else.