Thread: Summit Trailer

RC Competitor

Summit Trailer

I am desinging a trailer and I wanted to put my T-max on it. Should I use a double axle ( what is there to make it out of and use original wheels.) The tires will have to stick out so if you have any ides they will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by rockysummit View Post
    I am desinging a trailer and I wanted to put my T-max on it. Should I use a double axle ( what is there to make it out of and use original wheels.) The tires will have to stick out so if you have any ides they will be greatly appreciated!
    Well here is a chepo one i threw together for camping it's ugly but does it's job

Here is the getto suspension i came up with
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    I am at suspension and Axles. HELP please
    Any other ideas i can think of

RC Racer
    Buy a set of leaf springs from Tamiya. Mount them to your axle and build a trailer off that.
    Waffles!

RC Racer
    I see you replyed to this thread.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...hlight=trailer

I have wound up the rear suspension slightly to take some of the weight. IMHO to tow a T-Max i would use a double axle which osilates the same as what is did. I made a trailer to tow a Baja 5B. I did not have osilating axles & ended up with point loading on the front axle when ever it hit rocks. This caused the trailer to dig in when traveling off road.

With the design which i did, I can tow in 2nd gear accross uneven ground with out issues. The secret to getting it work is to get the ballance point of the T-Max over the pivot point of the axels. This will reduce the load on the rear of the Summit. Also which ever tyre you use fill the air oles with silicone to make them hold there shape a bit better.

RC Racer
    One thing i forgot to mention. With your tyres go for an onroad pattern. You need them to slide sideways around corners. I used offroad tyres the first time & the rims were twisting during turns & reversing.