RC poster

summit only goes half throttle forward and ful reverse after smartstop install 2s?

installed a novak lvc 2s today and programmed it to my evx.2, i put two lipos in the summit and before i closed up receiver box with lvc in it i ran the titan off of the spur gear and it ran 50% faster in reverse with not a lot of forward? just wondering if anyone has come across this? fyi i also ran nimhs with same result.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lipos fully charged, esc not in training mode or anything like that? Throttle endpoints set correctly before installing the LVC/ havent altered the 50/50 - 70/30 switch?..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    Did you wire it properly to GROUND and 2S?

Much easier to take 2S power off of the BEC side balance tap IMO. This is for a JST-XH balance tap plug:

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC poster
    @hughes500bob, i took the esc connector out of channel 2 and plugged it into the novak circuit board and then plugged the supplied novak connector into channel 2. The red wire from the novak, I soldered onto the red + of the bec traxxas connector, as I did the same with the black wire of the novak to the "-" of the same (traxxas) connector . This was the traxxas connector with the red tape. You mentioned grounded properly, am i missing a ground?

RC poster
    @at armyofdarkness, not in training mode ,i am in performance mode, i don't think the switch on transmitter was ever touched, but after i installed lvc, before I closed up rx box ? ran motor off of spur gear just to make sure it was going to cutout properly,and thats when i discovered that the titan had way more rpms in reverse then forward. also i disconnected bullets and reconnected them in different ways and still the same outcome. it runs like a turtle on wheels! haha!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by md11772 View Post
    @hughes500bob, i took the esc connector out of channel 2 and plugged it into the novak circuit board and then plugged the supplied novak connector into channel 2. The red wire from the novak, I soldered onto the red + of the bec traxxas connector, as I did the same with the black wire of the novak to the "-" of the same (traxxas) connector . This was the traxxas connector with the red tape. You mentioned grounded properly, am i missing a ground?
    Sounds correct! Some how the throttle channel got reversed.

Reprogram the ESC per the manual.
    Last edited by Hughes500Bob; 03-11-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.