RC Racer

Feeler thread on a used slayer.

Hi folks, what could i expect to pay for a used slayer pro 4x4? (if i can find one) Thinkin all stock nothing special. I know everything depreciates the minute you bust open the box.I'm looking to add a slayer to our collection of nitros but there is not really anything out there used. I can get one brand new for under 400, so would it be fair to offer high 200's low 300's. I dont know- but i just want to be fair. Like all the other trucks- get more for them parted out. They look pretty awesome in the vid's, is that why they are treated like gold and worth every penny??? Any insight would be good. Thanks.

270-310 at most for a used in good condition, if more used than good then 250-280 i have seen them go for. 400 new is good but if its used then take off about 30-40% of that price then offer around there
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Thanks mike and evan03. Thats what I was thinking too. It seems to be slim pickins on the bay, in comparison to other popular trucks. Makes me wanna think folks love their slayers!! Appreciate the feedback.

Here's what I do: Take the price new, deduct the largest coupon from Tower (usually $50-60) and consider that your total. If it is new that's what I expect to pay. If used, I take that price, deduct the cost of an engine plus some more to cover any parts broken but not mentioned and come up with a price.
    For example: a new Slayer is $416, subtract $50 so for new I'd pay $366. If I had to chose between a retailer and private seller, I'd lean towards the retailer to buy from because of the assurance--in a sense--that you will not have issues with shipping and receiving it.
    But used: subtract a new engine ($110) and misc (maybe around $20) so now you are at $236. If I bought a used truck, I would take into consideration all that needs to be fixed or replaced and if the total price nears or exceeds new, its a no brainer. Why pay $400 total and have a used truck when a new one is less?
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    WOW G and you say I confuse you......LOL
    This is getting expensive!!!!!!

RC Racer
    You are correct Double G! Thats the way I look at it too. Chances are you need to replace motor ( cause you just never know). I need to look into Towers coupons i guess. thanks for the heads up!

RC Champion
    I was gonna say no more than 250.00, but as usual DoubleG, so eloquently explained it , and in great detail......lol
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Racer
    I know right!?! You guys have been very helpful, on MANY occasions. I'm sure I speak for boat loads of people when I say I appreciate all the honest, unbiased opinions here in the forum! Cheers!! Cant wait to add a Slayer to the fleet. When I do, you know i'll be back