RC Competitor

Streering link rubs on drive shaft

Is there any way to stop the steering link in the front from rubbing on the drive shaft?

The arm attached to the servo does not rub, but the other side does when turned all the way. It's digging into the drive shaft and also wearing out the plastic connector.

My buddy just bought an Ultimate that does not have this issue. I have two 4x4's and they both had this issue right out of the box.

RC Qualifier
    I am having the same on my pede 4x4.. there's a lot of flex in the stock plastic setup and the adjustment nut in the middle of the threaded steel link is close enough to flex in and rub on the drive shaft.. I have ordered an alum STRC steering setup and am going to give that a go.. but I think all you really need is a link from the servo horn to that servo saver flange that has better clearance from the shaft.. something solid (no adjustment nut sticking down) should work.. just have to make sure it's the right length.

RC Competitor
    I tried to fix this and gave up. Basically you CAN adjust it so that it barely touches on both sides, and then just live with it. Over time the drive shaft will grind down a *tiny* bit of plastic and it'll be fine.

RC poster
    I had the same problem and fixed it permanently by getting into the radio programing and adjusting the steering servo throw in that direction.
    The manual will walk you step by step through setting exactly how far the servo arm will go.

I was able to set it to where it will get within a mm or 2 of the driveline without touching.

There is a very slight effect on the turning radius in that direction but I can deal with it.

RC Qualifier
    ^^ good idea..