RC poster

More Summit Questions

I recently installed Rok Lok 4.0's on my Summit and I really like the tires but now the balance seems off. It seems to want to roll forward if I jump anything, I am thinking I need to change the shock springs or something. Any suggestions from someone who has installed these tires. Also I got some shock springs that were listed as Summit/Revo but they are shorter then the Summit springs. Will these still work? I just got a second Summit via Ebay and that has brought up a few more questions. The body has been lowered, is there any advantage to doing this? I have the stock gears for it, but the prior owner regeared it to 58/20. I haven't ran it with that yet because it seemed rather extreme. Has any one tried this?

RC Qualifier
    the tires is throwing your weight off--they are heavier than stock---so when your in the air your front end is heavier than what it was---your whole truck is---you will have to adjust your driving---second summit is setup for a rocket---the lowered body is to help with center of gravity trying to keep it low as possible for the top end running to help with handling
    ???Why so serious???
    JOKER TV

RC Champion
    Summit uses LT (long travel) rockers. That is why Summit double striped springs are longer. I use double orange striped springs front and rear. Much less squat on acceleration.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob View Post
    Summit uses LT (long travel) rockers. That is why Summit double striped springs are longer. I use double orange striped springs front and rear. Much less squat on acceleration.
    So the shorter springs will not work at all? Guess I have a bunch of useless springs for the moment. Most likely will get another set of the double orange for the back.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Burned Up View Post
    the tires is throwing your weight off--they are heavier than stock---so when your in the air your front end is heavier than what it was---your whole truck is---you will have to adjust your driving---second summit is setup for a rocket---the lowered body is to help with center of gravity trying to keep it low as possible for the top end running to help with handling
    Yeah, figured the weight deal out, was just hoping for a better solution. I have yet to run the other summit with the 58/20 gearing but will this weekend. thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerhavok View Post
    So the shorter springs will not work at all? Guess I have a bunch of useless springs for the moment. Most likely will get another set of the double orange for the back.
    Shorter springs will work but you will have to dial in a lot of preload and the travel will be significantly reduced .... and possible binding as they bottom out. Best to use the right rockers with the right springs. This is in the owners manual http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...l_100217_0.pdf Page 21.

Double orange is the most you can get for LT springs.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...l_091216_0.pdf also Page 21 is the ERevo spring info.
    "Note: 90mm Travel springs are
    not recommended for use with
    the Long Travel Rockers"

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.