RC Enthusiast

Is this supposed to happen? Video...

Hi guys, long time lurker short time owner of a new slash 4x4 ultimate. I've had had this thing out for 3 runs and there's a couple of things i'm not so sure should happen on something new.

I changed out the slipper clutch after the first run, and i was pretty sure that the bearing that came out with it should stay with the car, but after the third run i noticed some warn out plastic, heres the result, it seems as tho the bearing has warn it. Should i have left the bearing out, and it's only needed when you use the slipper clutch? Or i can only think that the bearing has warn solid after 3 runs and started to turn altogether.

Pics of the said bearing and dif that it was warn on..

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img0705large.jpg/

Here is the centre dif with the bearing included, everything sits flush and doesn't look out of place, so i'm thinking it SHOULD be in there??

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/img0707large.jpg/

Heres the video i'm talking about, see anything wrong? it seems to slip and grab, with a bit of a "dirt noise". Is this normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcPohY7YjYo

Thoughts? Much appreciated.

RC Competitor
    well since i messed up and cant delete this one, see below
    Last edited by wearerad; 03-07-2011 at 06:00 PM.

RC Competitor
    your bearing is suppose to be flush with that rubber seal, its not correct at all. i just rebuilt my slipper and i did it by the traxxas directions and the bearing should sitt way back on the rubber

RC Champion
    the plastic brg to shaft adapter spun out, usually from brg seizing or heat, newer ones have allum adapter, do a Thread search for Kingheadz,, the ultimate solution

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the replies guys. A bit frustrating that it has happened so soon, or did i not put in in correctly to begin with? I can see how it can fit any other way wearerad, but ill keep trying....3 runs in and now i've got to wait for aftermarket bearings to come in the post? ****.

RC Competitor
    It's weird how people have this problem. I went through at least 20 3s lipo packs of hard core bashing and never had this problem ever. I did just recently switch to the aluminum piece as I'm slowly "bulletproofing" my truck one part at a time.