Thread: 1 or 2?

RC poster

1 or 2?

first, can i use lipos with evx2? second, if i can, do i have to use 2 lipos or can i use 1. third, do u have to use 2 cutoffs if im using 2 batts, and do they plug into the reciever. lastly iv heard you should get an adjustable lvc, if so which ones are you guys using. i know its alot so thanks if u have answers.

RC Qualifier
    [1] Yes you can use lipos they work much better.[2] Use 2 lipos with stock ESC.[3]You only need 1 LVC or lipo alarm and you wire it into the wires that run the BEC side of your ESC,mine were on the outside set.Alarms are cheap and give you light and sound warnings.Solid blue when full changing to flashing then to RED.The sound warning will beep when you get low and get loud and obnoxious when at low volts.The LVC will make you stutter at first then cut off.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Amen.

There are several good links to suitable LVCs on my website under the tutorials section and also on the links page:

TUTORIALS

USEFUL LINKS

Otherwise, just type 'lipo monitor' into ebay and look for one which is listed as working with 2-4s or 2-6s lipo & ( preferably ) has an adjustable voltage setting ( some have a fixed setting of 3.3v per cell which is fine, but a fixed setting of 3.0v is a bit low really ).
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    is there an afftermarket esc that would work with the 775 or a dewalt because eventually once the 775 kicks the bucket that is what i will get

or is there one that already has an lvc in it like the 1/16 erevo does

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not that Im aware of- 99.9% of brushed motor escs dont cater for lipo batts specifically ( regards built-in LVC ).

You pretty much have to install a separate LVC- it's very simple though, some just plug into the little white balance-plug on the lipo, no work or skill required; just follow the links above and you'll find plenty of info & advice/ links for identifying a suitable LVC.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...