RC poster

Slayer Pro losing throttle control

Alright peeps I need some help here. I have a Slayer Pro and after you throttle up and throttle down a lot of times in a row you lose throttle control and the servo moves EXTREMELY slow and hardly does squat. I have tried changing all electronics with my neighbors and it still does the same thing. The servo works great until it moves a lot of times in a row. Batteries are good, antenna's good, ***........ I need some help. BTW the truck is less than a month old. Thanks in advance

RC poster
    I just put a new one in (5 cell rechargable). It does it with the stocker 4 AA one in it too. Im lost on what is causing this.

RC poster
    All electronics function fine except the **** steering after a few minutes of driving

RC poster
    I switched channels too and made steering throttle and same thing there. Weird it works for 20 or so pulls of the trigger then it starts for lack of terms missing

RC Racer
    I had a weird problem with mine that kinda resembles your issue. Truck ran great one day, put it up and when I brought it out the next day, I had no throttle at all. Servo wouldn't move. Truck was 2 days old at that point. I had to reset my radio and all of a sudden it worked normal. I still have no idea why and Traxxas support did not have an answer either. If you haven't tried it reset the radio..if anything it will rule out something else.

I also had a stripped wire on my receiver switch that caused the battery pack to melt when I first went to install batteries....truck was just out of box. It nearly burnt my hand bad. Quality control missed something major that could have hurt someone. Check everything electrical you never know...I wouldn't have thought I would have seen that coming straight outta the box.

RC poster
    Yeah man I checked it all. And yes I reset the radio. Im going to call Traxxas Monday see what they have to say.

RC poster
    Man O man I just switched packs again from the rechargable back to the 4 AA's and it worked flawlessly. I switched back and forth and sure as @#$% it's the pack. What do you think the difference is in the Traxxas 3037 and the Hi-Energy pack I have??? Bad cell maybe?? Fully charged it shows 6.8 volts. I guess maybe I'll order the Traxxas 3037 pack.

RC Racer
    At least you figured it out...good to hear

RC poster
    So whats a good battery??

RC poster
    Then I have to buy yet another charger..lol For now Im just going to get a new 5 cell and try my luck. This bad one is only a week or so old. Kinda ****es me off

RC poster
    Back to square 1... I went to my lhs and bought the traxxas pack that goes in my slayer pro and the same thing is going on. What is causing this??? I can only run 4 AA's and it works great, as soon as I put a pack in it goes haywire.

RC poster
    I tried everything...Long story short I narrowed it down to the servo...After some research it looks like this is a common problem when you add a pack. The servo is junk. I put a futaba servo my neighbor gave me and it is perfect. This is after i went to the lhs and bought the same thottle servo thats in the car and it did this thing worse. Im so glad its all back to normal now.

RC Racer
    I would call Traxxas on this one.......edit nevermind I didn't read your previous post well enough
    Last edited by larlev; 03-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
    is it a voltage difrence that trips the servo out.

i wounder if the 2056 and 2075 servo can handle 6volts?
    No i dont think so, from my research its just POS servos

Quote Originally Posted by larlev View Post
    I would call Traxxas on this one.......edit nevermind I didn't read your previous post well enough
    I think im going to call them anyway