RC Enthusiast

STRC LCG Chassis

Dudes, I put on one of these chassis kits with the Rustler parts, and OMG, my slash doesn't roll over any more! I actually let my 8 year old drive it, and he did awesome with it. Much easier to control. glides across bumps, jumps well, and rotates on a dime! Very much worth the $40 bucks since I already had a rusty laying around that wasn't being used. The product did what it said it would do, get your slash back on the track and be competitive. You don't need a protrac kit, mine does awesome with RPM parts. Even with stock wheels and tires, it got around the track impressively. I was holding out to see how it would do before I invested in some new kickers. I was sold, so I bought some MC Bowties for the rear and m3 bowties for the front, should stick to the track like glue and have traction to spare. I went with 42.5 shock oil all the way around, hence the gliding over bumps.
    I want to hear from some of you guys out there that have this kit and your set up and racing results, was it worth it to you I guess is what I'm asking !

RC Qualifier
    It's a sweet looking kit. Just got mine. I'm impressed by the quality of the parts. Just waiting for my rusty chassis. I'll keep ya updated.

RC Enthusiast
    Deer, you won't be disappointed, handles like a champ! And yes, the kit is top notch quality! Let me know!

RC Competitor
    I just got my kit in yesterday....having a little issue with the front end assembly. Kit is quality stuff. I already have a Pro Trac system so this is gonna be x-tra beast.

RC Competitor
    Congrats mate!

Here is mine:

SLASH STRC LCG BANDIT RUSTLER STRC ESKY BIG LAMA

RC Enthusiast
    Mate, love the color choice, I went with gun metal gray! How do you like the rear shock tower from strc? How the heck do you post pics on this forum, I never can figure it out! I just painted a jconcepts illusion ford raptor svt body and I'd love to show it off. Got my truck hooked up with some split six beadlocks and proline bowties, will rule at the track, going to practice this week (friday). Thanks for the pics mate! cheers!

RC Enthusiast

Novak GTB powered 13.5, RPM arms, towers, and front bumper in combination as before stated: the STRC LCG chassis!

Please watch the Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-16-2011 at 10:44 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    BAD !!! is all i can say, looks really fast.

Please watch the Language
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-16-2011 at 10:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    SIC! i wish my raptor paint job turned out that good!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    SIC! i wish my raptor paint job turned out that good!
    Thanks Deer, there are a couple of overspray spots, the pics dont show, but it did turn out okay. Thanks for the compliment! I do have to say though, the Raptor body is SIC, like you said!

RC Qualifier
    Alot of black seeped through my painters tape and the lime green just highlights it.

Still waiting for the rusty chassis. Should be in tomorrow some time. Finally. Missed a race yesterday sadly. I am also curious on how people set up there strc kitted trucks. You you guys run low or high? Stiff or loose suspension.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Now imagine how good a xteme chassis with pro trac suspension handles =) Can't wait to get another programable brushless set up for it again.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Enthusiast
    Alot of black seeped through my painters tape and the lime green just highlights it.

Still waiting for the rusty chassis. Should be in tomorrow some time. Finally. Missed a race yesterday sadly. I am also curious on how people set up there strc kitted trucks. You you guys run low or high? Stiff or loose suspension.
    Make sure you post pics when you are done! Paint seeping through happened to me a little too, just rub the heck out of it along the edges and use semi-decent painter's tape like 3M. Mine were little spots where the blue meets the white. Partly my fault as I was rushing a bit.
    I run my shocks with 42.5 losi oil and it's extremely plush. Since I had a Rusty that I used, I also was able to rob the standard white (non progressive) springs because they are more consistent than the slash's progressive springs. for bashing the stock slash springs are okay, but for racing I feel a more predictable feel is necessary. I use RPM towers front and back so the top position is fixed, but just change the bottom based on the type of track, bumpy, move shocks inward on the bottom, or out for a more smooth track. YOu will gain a ton of handling performance with the STRC LCG chassis. Lot less roll overs, I purposefully tried to roll it over on pavement with the stock slash tires and couldn't, then my 8 year tried and he did roll it once, but he was being more intentional than I was . But as Nunster said, the protrac will make something that is awesome, even better! Sorry, I wrote a book, I'm just excited about the kit and how it improves handling!
    Last edited by copter58; 03-07-2011 at 03:20 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nunster View Post
    Now imagine how good a xteme chassis with pro trac suspension handles =) Can't wait to get another programable brushless set up for it again.
    I'm running a Novak GTB 13.5 ss. I'm saving for a tekin rs for this truck, it's my boys, who is 8, so he can't completely get the performance advantages from the tekin just yet. But as they say in racing............slow is fast, until you get good that is .

RC Competitor
    so im confused how dose it (lower the center of gravity) to me it dose not it just lengthens the chassis/wheel base moving the chassis weigh to th front ! please explain ?
    slash pe, sct 2400, 4s. yehaaaaa

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Yeah it lengths the chassis but since it is a rustler platform it is all ready has a lcg compared to a stock slash. That is why the strc seems to handle so good compared to a stock slash chassis that has the battey around an inch or so higher. And when you lengthen the chassis you can use short course bodies. And it looks like to me the strc/rustler set up will take a lot more abuse than a xtreme chassis would. Or you can use some of the 1/8 scale buggy bodies with the chassis extension.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC poster
    It actually makes the chassis 10mm shorter. I have this kit on my truck and promise it makes it shorter...
    Breck.

RC Competitor
    ahh cheers i got a rustler i didn't realize that traxxas made rusty and the slash so different
    slash pe, sct 2400, 4s. yehaaaaa

RC Qualifier

Just got my rusty chassis. Got the kit built up. Pretty amazing. Much heavier in the rear and will wheelie for ever if I get the front end up. My tires were kinda wet today so I can't see if it does wheelies on demand.

RC Enthusiast

Just got my rusty chassis. Got the kit built up. Pretty amazing. Much heavier in the rear and will wheelie for ever if I get the front end up. My tires were kinda wet today so I can't see if it does wheelies on demand.
    Deer, Love the color choice, and you did great on the paint job! I love the dying of parts! Nice work dude!

RC Qualifier
    Parts came that way. All I did was bolt them together.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wa oz slash View Post
    so im confused how dose it (lower the center of gravity) to me it dose not it just lengthens the chassis/wheel base moving the chassis weigh to th front ! please explain ?
    the STRC LCG kit uses a rustler chassis instead of the stock slash chassis, with that alone drops the battery nearly 2 inches. I have pics of both the slash chassis and the STRC/Rusty setup. You can use a stock slash or slash 4x4 body with no modifications. This kit is a must for racing, no exceptions. Much better than all the other aftermarket chassis, it uses traxxas parts which are a ton cheaper, break an extreme chassis and pay how much? maybe $60-80? break a rustler chassis (which is highly unlikely) and your out maybe $12 bucks? See the pics, I know they are not great, but I took them from different angles. Enjoy, keep the comments and questions coming, buy this kit, you wont' be sorry!

Slash chassis, bottom view

Slash chassis side view

STRC kit with Rustler chassis:

Side view:

and STRC kit viewed from the top!

RC poster
    I'm having a problem with weight on mine, are you having this problem? the rear end is so heavy. I'm running the big bore Traxxas shocks, Green Losi Springs and 35 weight oil.the rear end still sits a good 1/2 to 3/4" lower than the front. Anyone have ideas to remedy this?
    Breck.

RC Champion
    move up to 45-50wt oil. Could you try turning the tranny around? I don't know if you can do it with this setup, but I've seen it on some rusty's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    I run 1.5 oz weight up front in the space at the front of the bulkhead just behind the bumper below the bumper mount. It jumps much better and doesn't wheelie so much.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    I'm having a problem with weight on mine, are you having this problem? the rear end is so heavy. I'm running the big bore Traxxas shocks, Green Losi Springs and 35 weight oil.the rear end still sits a good 1/2 to 3/4" lower than the front. Anyone have ideas to remedy this?
    Breck,
    You want that weight back there for traction. You need to use stiffer springs. I use the stock VXL rustler springs which are non progressive and use your spacers to adjust ride height. I run Losi 42.5 wt oil all the way around. The battery is already forward the way the rustler chassis is set up. A suggested by Camo, you can add weight up front. I use a lipo battery and it has just enough weight to balance things out.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    It actually makes the chassis 10mm shorter. I have this kit on my truck and promise it makes it shorter...
    Great for rotating around tight turns, on my truck the rear end whips around in a controlled manner! Love this kit!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971newb View Post
    I just got my kit in yesterday....having a little issue with the front end assembly. Kit is quality stuff. I already have a Pro Trac system so this is gonna be x-tra beast.
    Can you post some pics with the pro trac kit on as well as some test findings of how it handles?

RC Enthusiast
    heres mine

Pro-Line's ProTrac suspension long arm suspension system.
    VXL 3500kv brushless motor and waterproof ESC
    RPM bumpers front and rear
    Pro-Line wheels and Losi High Roller tires
    I've had it a shade over 65 MPH

RC poster
    hey i want to get this kit but want to stay in sttock sct 17.5 t. can i use this chassis in the class? i need to know and if you want to contact me on twitter at max_zim41

Quote Originally Posted by max_zim41 View Post
    hey i want to get this kit but want to stay in sttock sct 17.5 t. can i use this chassis in the class? i need to know and if you want to contact me on twitter at max_zim41
    Ask your local track for those details. At my track, no mods are allowed on spec or stock class. Novice class may allow it.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...