RC Competitor

Lipo Recommendation?

I am looking for lipo recommendations for my KB Rally BUT...I'd like to use the battery in my not quite purchased yet Mini E-REVO.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Between the rally,kb, and revo sections there are a lot of "which lipo?" type threads. Searching those would probably be a good start.

I will probably be doing the same thing in about a week. Are you looking to get 2s or 3s?
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Competitor
    Both probably. Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I strongly suggest getting the SPC packs. They simply excellent packs and can be charged at more than 1C which saves a lot of time if you have a few packs. I have 2 of each (2s and 3s) and i love them all.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    SPC packs...that would be great if they weren't out of stock for MONTHS now. I am looking at other suppliers.

RC Qualifier
    Got2gorc boost are one of the best.

Sent from my HTC Droid using Tapatalk pro

RC Qualifier
    I'm assuming you won't be racing so my recommendation would be to go with *******, Sky Lipo, Gens Ace or *****. You can typically buy 2 of these packs for the price of 1 SPC, Venom, etc...

I did A LOT of reading before buying mine (*******'s) and came to the conclusion I'd rather buy 2 of the "cheaper" packs rather than 1 of the expensive ones that MIGHT last longer.

My *******'s can be charged up to 4C, but 2C is recommended.

If I was a professional racer and money was on the line, I'd probably spring for the higher quality packs, but for bashing and messing around at the local track why spend that extra money?
    Last edited by Teknic; 03-03-2011 at 07:27 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jucs View Post
    ...that would be great if they weren't out of stock for MONTHS now.
    Do you think it is deliberate?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknic View Post
    I'm assuming you won't be racing so my recommendation would be to go with *******, Sky Lipo, Gens Ace or *****. You can typically buy 2 of these packs for the price of ***, Venom, etc...

I did A LOT of reading before buying mine (*******'s) and came to the conclusion I'd rather buy 2 of the "cheaper" packs rather than 1 of the expensive ones that MIGHT last longer.

If I was a professional racer and money was on the line, I'd probably spring for the higher quality packs, but for bashing and messing around at the local track why spend that extra money?
    And what if by the time you paid for the shipping and a genuine connector, they were the same price or very close? Plus you get support and a real warranty.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    And what if by the time you paid for the shipping and a genuine connector, they were the same price or very close? Plus you get support and a real warranty.
    Actually I paid $60 for both batteries shipped and $5 for 2 connectors.

Do you use that "support"? Honestly, what type of support do you need from a battery manufacture? I'm fairly sure I know where to plug it in and the charge rates are printed on the case.

RC Qualifier
    It's not all about saving a buck. Keeping money in AMERICA is more important in my eyes.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Actually I paid $60 for both batteries shipped and $5 for 2 connectors.

Do you use that "support"? Honestly, what type of support do you need from a battery manufacture? I'm fairly sure I know where to plug it in and the charge rates are printed on the case.
    What two packs did you purchase?

This forum has many battery threads closed, sometimes on a daily basis and the common denominator is people looking for support for the battery packs they bought. So yes, support can be very important to some.

RC Qualifier
    ******* 2S 30C 5000mAh Hard Case $25/each

1 charged up to almost 5300mAh and the other was about 5250mAh.

I myself have asked battery questions and have had them closed, but usually the ones I see are more general questions...I just don't see myself needing to call customer service over a battery pack when google is available, but that's just me.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tha-mule View Post
    It's not all about saving a buck. Keeping money in AMERICA is more important in my eyes.

Where do you think SPC gets the cells they put in their batteries?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Where do you think SPC gets the cells they put in their batteries?
    Why don't you tell us?

And the fact that domestic battery companies are located here and help support our ecnonomy, that doesn't account for anything?

RC Qualifier
    Why don't you tell us?

And the fact that domestic battery companies are located here and help support our ecnonomy, that doesn't account for anything?
    ^+1^ GOOD POINT!! Being a UNION member, I try to buy domestic products. Even if they were shipped from over seas, if they were assembled here, it's still creating a job for a fellow AMERICAN!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ******* 2S 30C 5000mAh Hard Case $25/each.
    Wow, that's amazing. I don't know whether to laugh or puke.
    1 charged up to almost 5300mAh and the other was about 5250mAh.
    So, they under state the cell capacities to mask the use of overstated C numbers. Oh boy!
    I myself have asked battery questions and have had them closed, but usually the ones I see are more general questions...I just don't see myself needing to call customer service over a battery pack when google is available, but that's just me .
    And how do you know those "Google" answers are correct?

RC Qualifier
    Why don't you tell us?

I bet they get them from the same or neighboring Chinese factory that ******* gets theirs from

I like how me preferring not to pay twice the price on a battery is now flipped around into me not supporting my country...you probably shouldn't buy anymore electronics because 99% of them the bulk of the profits go over seas.

PS. I drive a Chevy.

RC Competitor
    Do you think it is deliberate?
    No, of course not. But, waited long and patient for long enough....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I bet they get them from the same or neighboring Chinese factory that ******* gets theirs from
    How much would you like to bet and think carefully about your bet because you will lose!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jucs View Post
    No, of course not. But, waited long and patient for long enough....
    I understand, however it can be much more complicated than many people would believe.

Take a look at the Venom mini-type packs.

RC Qualifier
    How much would you like to bet and think carefully about your bet because you will lose!!
    Clearly you love yourself some SPC packs so I'll just leave it alone.

I was just trying to offer the OP some advice on what I found while looking for packs recently...

OP looking at Jakey's passion for SPC packs, I would say you probably can't go wrong with them.