Thread: RPM A-arms

RC poster

RPM A-arms

I just installed my front RPM A-arms and hit a snag. The one side does not clear the front bulkhead. Do I shave them down so they clear? or will this make them weak? Also have a set of rear RPM A-arms on the way. I read about them having a narrower wheel base. Is this something to be concerned with? What other problems might arise? Thanks for any imput!!

RC Racer
    Yeah just remove enough material out of the front one to clear the locker extension on the housing. I did it to mine 12 months ago, and have not broken it even with rock crushers and a brushless high speed crash.
    The rears will shorten your weelbase, not good for crawling. Wont break them but!

RC Qualifier
    same with rd logics aluminum---they are for the shorter wheelbase config---just realized this last nite working on JOKER rebuild--they may get pitched in favor of the stockers
    ???Why so serious???
    JOKER TV

RC poster
    Diby so do you run the rpm in the front and stocks in the back? whats your set-up. Do the rear a-arms narrow the wheel base, or shorten?

RC Racer
    I am running RPM fromt A-arms with the inside brace on the difflock side of the lower arm filed enough to clear the bulkhead. I bought these knowing I had to make them work (info off of this forum) because I broke a front a-arm in the first 3 months of ownership. I am runnung the stock rear a-arms and have only broken 1 (cross brace o top rear a-arm) in over 12 months of hard running.
    I cant say fo sure wether the RPM rear a-arms narrow the wheelbase or not as I stoped looking at them when I found that they SHORTENED it from stock. This is because the Summit comes with the revo extended wheelbase rear arms stock. If you look at the stock rear arms you will see that there it 2 positions you can mount the pillow balls into the arms. The forward position is closer to the original revo wheelbase and the rear holes are for extended wheelbase. The RPM truetrack is based off of the original (shorter) wheelbase and cant easily be changed.