RC poster

problems with steering

Just installed rpm axel carriers on my kb rally took it out after and it will spin when I turn to the left and when I turn to the right it sounds like it spins up the same as when u turn to the left but it doesn't spin it's like it understears could any one tell me what would be causing this

if u watch the video at about 9seconds the car is going forward why the wheels are turning right

ive posted this on another forum i use they have gave me several things to try including making sure the axle carriers are not to tight, wheel nuts are not to tight
    and making sure the front diff is clean

could any one else help me with what could be causing this problem and a possible solution any help welcomed

wallzy

RC Qualifier
    A video with the steering wheel on one side and the front wheels of the car on the other would be much more informative. Watching it spin out really doesn't help, these cars are very easy to do that with
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    Things to make sure are done perfectly with RPM hubs:

- ball-retainer cups not too tight... there will be a little gap between the cup and the hub body. Make sure that little gap is even (both screws are done in evenly).
    - toe and camber settings done right. These have a HUGE impact on handling, toe in particular. Since you've had to pull the balls out of the suspension arms, it's very easy to get the toe out of whack when you reassemble. A quarter turn of toe can turn an understeering car into oversteer.

Wheels turned but the car going straight is understeer: front doesn't have enough grip, and/or the rear has too much. Looks like what's going on with yours is a whack suspension set up. This is comprehensive and very technical but explains what's up: Cornering at the limit.
    Last edited by prototyp; 03-02-2011 at 02:58 PM.

RC poster
    thanks for ur reply ill have a read of that link u sent me many thanks