RC Champion

Finally got my Castle S2 4600kv Installed alog with a Fiesta Body

HPI LP29 Drift Wheels 3mm Offset
    I just ordered my plain black KB Wing to install on this body, will post more pics when I have it installed

A peek under the hood

Stock Fiesta Drift Wheels

Last edited by djmaincheese; 02-28-2011 at 11:33 PM.

RC Racer
    Wow, that looks gooooooood!
    Ima cwboy a steel hrse I ride.Wanted dead or alive

RC Champion
    Thank you OSW, I can't wait to get the wing. I think it will complete the body and still look clean.

RC Qualifier
    Looking good! I see that you also dyed your servo. You might want to raise up the ESC a bit to expose the cooling fin. I had to raise mine up since it was getting too warm. Btw, you were right about the LP29s...I've had it soaking for a couple of days now (acetone) and the chrome barely came off. I'll give it a few more days and hopefully I can dye them.

Here's mine with the stock spoiler and t-bone bumper (rear defuser lol)
    Last edited by all aluminum; 03-01-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Champion
    Do they make a cooling fan for the sidewinder ecs? Yeah the rims are a bit of a nightmare but once you get em done they are sweet. I love the yellow and black look, did you make that rear diffiuser/bumper?
    Thanks
    D

RC Qualifier
    The rear bumper is made by T-Bone...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-for-the-Rally

RC Racer
    Looking good!

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, have you drove it with the Sv2/4600 yet? Curious as to how it performs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese View Post
    Do they make a cooling fan for the sidewinder ecs? Yeah the rims are a bit of a nightmare but once you get em done they are sweet. I love the yellow and black look, did you make that rear diffiuser/bumper?
    Thanks
    D
    Somebody may, but castle does not.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

Have you attempted to take the chrome off using Easy Off Oven Cleaner (yellow cap)? I have used it on my T-Maxx rims and it worked great. Put on for 20 minutes, wash off and you'll be ready to dye.
    Also, thanks for the pic of the Fiesta with the Castle system in it; I've been looking to get this set-up pretty soon.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Did you dunk the whole servo in Rit complete with the seals on, or disassemble it down to just the case? If you dunked it, how'd the seals hold up? Did they keep RIT out of the works, do they still seal?

I have a brand new servo and want to go the black-out route, but the wires/motor end really doesn't want to come apart - seems like case-only dying isn't an option.

Tia.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Have you attempted to take the chrome off using Easy Off Oven Cleaner (yellow cap)? I have used it on my T-Maxx rims and it worked great. Put on for 20 minutes, wash off and you'll be ready to dye.
    Also, thanks for the pic of the Fiesta with the Castle system in it; I've been looking to get this set-up pretty soon.
    I think DJ tried that on the HPI wheels and it still did not come off. The acetone works well on the the stock traxxas wheels just not on this one, however it is finally softening up after the third day.

Another option is to hide all the electronics on the left side of the chassis. I liked this option better since I was able to just trace around the receiver box. These are older pictures....I had to raise up the ESC for better cooling.

Last edited by all aluminum; 03-01-2011 at 04:09 PM.