RC Enthusiast

Can I LiPo On Bandit?

Can I run a LiPo 25c 5000mah on the Bandit vxl brushless stock? or do i HAVE to change anything? i have the esc fan
    I like pie =D

RC poster
    You have to switch the ESC to low voltage cutoff.

RC Qualifier
    yes you can, no mods. Simply put the ESC into lipo mode by holding the button down after the esc's on until you hear a chime up and see a green light.
    SlashVXL-ERBE-Slash4x4PE-RustlerVXL-1/16SlashSW2

RC Enthusiast
    ah ok but I dont have to change pinion gear or spur gears then? On the Box it says I have a 28/76 and shows a chart for LiPo
    3S 20c 4000mah+ and 8000mah+ runs on 33/76, do I have to change it to the 33/76 or am I good like that? I mostly ride on pavement but sometimes go off road but not much.
    I like pie =D

RC poster
    It is not a matter of only gearing what should be tuned. The way you drive is important too. When you use heavy acceleration and braking, everything heats up faster than when you drive more smoothly. Just check the temp of your ESC and motor every once in a while to get familiair with how your car reacts on driving with a specific gearing.

Using 33/76 asks a lot from your battery, so that is why they advice not to use NiMH because those batteries can't deliver enough current.

RC Enthusiast
    gotcha, so which one of these LiPo Batts would you guys recommend to me? http://spcracing.com/index.php?categoryID=13
    I was kinda looking at the 2S ones since im new to LiPo, will these fit in my car or are they to big or fat
    I like pie =D

RC Enthusiast
    gonna make sure to do that too
    I like pie =D