RC poster

receiver blinking red and does not connect with TX

receiver blinking red and does not connect with TX.
    I tried to follow the instruction on how to bind but it wont let.

What do you think is the problem?

RC Competitor
    If the light on the receiver is blinking red fast your batteries are low recharge and follow instructions to bind again press set on transmitter and hold while you turn the power on it will flash on remote release then press button on receiver it should stop blinking and be binded now

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    my batteries are fully charged. i even tried several sets of my lipo and still the same.

RC Champion
    Did you get it figured out?
    It happened to me when I accidentally cleared everything. The ESC needs to be re calibrated...
    Did you follow these steps?
    1. Press and Hold the SET button as you Turn the Transmitter ON. The Transmitter LED will flash RED Slowly, release the SET Button

2. Press and HOLD the Receivers LINK Button as you switch the model on. Then Release the LINK Button

3. When the Transmitter and Receivers LED's turn solid GREEN the system is bound and ready for use. Confirm that the Steering and Throttle are working correctly.

RC Enthusiast
    Happened to me yesterday. I ran the sparty on the nimh no problems. Switched to lipo and red light blinking. Take cover off recver in boat. Hold set on transmitter while cutting it on,red light on trans will blink push link on the boat recver and both lights should turn green and viola! Ready to go, did for me anyway! Good luck!!oh and must be holding link button on boat when plugging in batteries!

RC poster
    It finally worked.

I have a question? on the receiver, which side of Channel 1 should be plugged? there are 2 channel 1.
    please advise.

RC Champion
    Just plug it into the first slot (ch-1) but either one will work
    CH-1 Servo
    CH-2 Throttle

RC poster
    Thank DJ. You are very helpful in this forum.

RC Champion
    Your'e welcome, glad I am able to help.

RC poster
    Hi i have the same problem.
    I have tried everything in the manual and everything i have read here. i'm afraid i may have broken something.

i was out driving, and my son borrowed my car. i tuned it down to training mode, and he drove. and he crashed, not a bad crash at all, but after the car wouldn't respond. everything seemd fine, but the throttle or the steering didn't work. i have tried to connect them, but they dont seem to find eachother, both the reciever and the transmitter are just blinking red.

it was dry out when i drove but i ran it through some water, approx 2cm deep. and when i got in i opned the reciver and there was some moist inside. can this have destroyd my reciver? it wasn't mutch.

i drive a Traxxas Rustler VXL. it is just 3 months old so the car is very new. hope for answer. thanks

RC poster
    i'm sorry. ignore the post. i got it working

Thanks for all the increadable help in here. good that someone is so willing to help us poor beginners

RC Enthusiast
    I am having the same problem, but have not found a solution. The receiver blinks red. I can re-bind it by following the binding procedures, and everything works, but then after driving awhile it starts to blink red again. Or if I turn off the power on the car and transmitter, and then try to turn everything back on, the receiver blinks red again. I'm not sure I would describe the blinking as "fast" though. And yes, I have a fully charged battery in use.

Follow up: (BTW - just realized this the Spartan forum, I'm running one of the Traxxas cars,...) So reading some other threads, it sounded like it may be due to the receiver box getting water inside. I do live in the rainy Pacific NW, and I generally follow the instructions for after care for running the vehicle in wet conditions. And after this problem started I did open the waterproof box so I could get at the link button, and checked for moisture. There were a few drops so I wiped those out. But this didn't help. I let the car air out overnight with the reciever box open but this didn't help. Finally today, I pried out the receiver itself from the car and opened it up. Sure enough there was a good amount of water in there. I used a hair dryer on a low heat setting to thoroughly dry it. Some threads recommended putting the receiver in rice overnight. After reinstalling everything and resetting the transmitter everything seems fine now.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-12-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear you got it sorted out.

Kevin

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressRally View Post
    I am having the same problem, but have not found a solution. The receiver blinks red. I can re-bind it by following the binding procedures, and everything works, but then after driving awhile it starts to blink red again. Or if I turn off the power on the car and transmitter, and then try to turn everything back on, the receiver blinks red again. I'm not sure I would describe the blinking as "fast" though. And yes, I have a fully charged battery in use.

Follow up: (BTW - just realized this the Spartan forum, I'm running one of the Traxxas cars,...) So reading some other threads, it sounded like it may be due to the receiver box getting water inside. I do live in the rainy Pacific NW, and I generally follow the instructions for after care for running the vehicle in wet conditions. And after this problem started I did open the waterproof box so I could get at the link button, and checked for moisture. There were a few drops so I wiped those out. But this didn't help. I let the car air out overnight with the reciever box open but this didn't help. Finally today, I pried out the receiver itself from the car and opened it up. Sure enough there was a good amount of water in there. I used a hair dryer on a low heat setting to thoroughly dry it. Some threads recommended putting the receiver in rice overnight. After reinstalling everything and resetting the transmitter everything seems fine now.
    I've been having that problem lately too... Re-binded but it stopped with no communication with transmitter and receiver flashing fast red.... Should I try checking out for moisture also ?? Cheers

RC poster
    my remote transmitter wont bind with my car and I've tried it several times what else can i try? it just keeps blinking red.

Hey we just had a traxxas 2wd slash come in our shop here at Renegade Rc in Bristol Va, having this same problem. After short diagnostics I narrowed it down to the servo pulling power constantly. After changing the servo worked like a dream