RC Qualifier

Long Travel Rockers using the outer pushrod hole?

*meant to say Innermost in the title*

i know in the manual it says if you want to use the LT rockers you need to have the push rod in the middle hole on the a-arms, but im curious to know why? Wouldnt it make more sense to have the most ground clearance possible when using LT rockers, hence having the pushrods on the innermost hole? Im tempted to try it as i have the LT rockers installed now, but im just wondering if anyone knows of any possible any repercussions if i do
    Last edited by varunaX; 02-26-2011 at 03:13 AM.

RC Champion
    The LT rockers make the suspension very soft, chances are that instead of extra clearance, you'd actually end up getting extra sag.

RC Qualifier
    true it does make the suspension softer. but i tried giving it a run with the ride height increased and i gotta say i recommend it. no real cons i can speak of. i like the increased clearance,so it really soaks up the jumps and now i get the added suspensions travel, so its a good setup with the stiff springs, i recommend it for offroading, even just on grass.

RC poster
    doing this on a summit will cause it to break axleshafts during heavy crawling due to the bad drive shaft angle. I drive with a friend that does this and breaks the right rear axleshaft regularly because of it.

RC Champion
    i can get my pushrods into the outer hole with lt rocks...the shocks have to compress a bit because the a-arms wont go any lower. But i just stay with my p2 rockers now so i can make it setup for racing then adjust a bit for bashing
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Qualifier
    im still running LT's on the inner holes and its the best imo. i love the height clearance and the amount of suspension travel on big jumps. it looks like a monster truck, but i still get real good e-revo speed.

RC poster
    Yep, that is my setting for 4 years now. Inner hole, Long travel in rear with strong springs (pinks) and P2 in the front. Cause dont like how it sags with P2 in the rear. Accelarate and hit a bump and your *** will be in the floor dragging the skid plate all the time (almost). Now, that is with Nitro, cause the weight of the engine. Dont know how it sags with electrics..... Go Offroad !!!