RC Racer

Lightbulb How to Repel/Prevent Dirt from sticking to your truck.

Hey guys,
    Fiquered Id share this tip. Thought it was way cool and useful. Saw it on RClive TV today on a kind of local channel so dought it was seen very much. Saw a really cool tip, that made a big ol diff on how to repel dirt, and keeping it from sticking to everything on your chassis.

-Take WD-40 spray in container, dip a brush in the WD-40, than brush your whole truck (especially inside of wheel) with a paint brush. (except your ESC and other elec and on your gears/use common sense)

They took two trucks, and drove it through the same terrain. (one with,one without the treatment) Showing it, the truck that wasnt pretreated was way dirty, and the one that was, was way clean. From the distance of the camera, and it didnt look like they hadnt driven through dusty dirt. Big ol diff, I myself like to keep my rides clean, so fiquered id share this cool tip wit yaz!

Side tip I also saw on the show: After glueing your tires, Place a rubber band around the tire with even pressure on the side u just glued until it drys, and then move on to the next side.

Bonus Fun Fact: WD-40 is named so because it took that many trys to get the chemical mixture right to do its thing , and produce the product we gear heads love oh so much

i did this when i got my merv early last yr and didnt know if i should put wd-40 all over it and of course i didnt put it on any electric's and it was cool to clean. everything stayed clean. it works real good i can atest to that. funny how they would put it on tv after i did this last yr, its probably been around for yrs now and they finally put it on tv
    DEU 8:18 ESV

i seen the wd-40 fun fact in my 4tec manual said the meaning behind the product.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    Awesome tip. I kind of did the same thing to my RCs, except I used a dry lube spray. I don't like how WD-40 makes everything all greasy and wet.

The WD stands for Water-Displacement, by the way I never knew what the 40 stood for though.

RC Racer
    Did they leave it wet on the TV show? I blow off the excess with an air compressor, and wipe clean. Sure does quiet a sqeaky suspension.

RC Qualifier
    The 40 stands for 40th attempt at water displacement. That's how many times it took to perfect the product.
    1 extended pede
    1 stock length pede
    Summit

RC Champion
    Your better off with a good tire gel or wax. WD-40 will attract dust. The only thing its good for is displacing water. Its not a oil or a cleaner and does not prevent rust. It simply displaces water. If your lazy and don't fell like rubbing in tire gel or wax then you can get the spray on version. It will protect the plastic and rubber while preventing dirt buildup.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC poster
    Thanks for the tip
    Speed is addicting!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN View Post
    Your better off with a good tire gel or wax. WD-40 will attract dust. The only thing its good for is displacing water. Its not a oil or a cleaner and does not prevent rust. It simply displaces water. If your lazy and don't fell like rubbing in tire gel or wax then you can get the spray on version. It will protect the plastic and rubber while preventing dirt buildup.
    No sir.. that not true. major dirt and dust repelant. Yes it is a water replenant product, but thats where the tip comes from. The dirt does not stick. The spray uses alot, definatly brush it on real quick. doesnt take long.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentWolv View Post
    Did they leave it wet on the TV show? I blow off the excess with an air compressor, and wipe clean. Sure does quiet a sqeaky suspension.
    They didnt go into those specifics. Just use what ya think is better. just need a protrective coating. Like wax for automotives repels dirt and moisture. same principal, but for plastic. dont want to much, just a good brushed on light coating.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    i did this when i got my merv early last yr and didnt know if i should put wd-40 all over it and of course i didnt put it on any electric's and it was cool to clean. everything stayed clean. it works real good i can atest to that. funny how they would put it on tv after i did this last yr, its probably been around for yrs now and they finally put it on tv
    The TV show was way old. lol. Like first time id seen the episode, but it was way old skool. They showed the "new" stampede has the XL1 so i was like, ha... but hey. It works

RC Champion
    WD-40 does attract dust. There is a reason that no car cleaning product is like WD-40. WD-40 works on almost everything but its not good for anything other than displacing water.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...40f95b1b9c7c0d
    Oderint Dum Metuant