RC Enthusiast

TQ 2.4GHz _ How Far Does It Go?

I have read posts where some say theirs doesn't go far and there is something wrong with that.

I was driving my Slash Ultimate in a field and although I don't know the real footage but my guess is at least 300'. It was already hard to see at that distance, and would have lost site of it if it went much father (could be my bad eyes,though).
    I really like this this radio system.

What distance are you guys getting out of them?

At least 100 yards which is probably much further than I need as at that point I cannot hear the 3.3 and the Revo looks pretty small.
    The Super Derecho

It's range is farther than what you can operate it at and still see.

If people are having issues with distance then they have a radio receiver issue or transmitter issue, signal interference, a short in the wiring or a bad battery.

This is why there are failsafes and throttle return springs....

Always best to have a friend help you do a field range test like they show on the DVD.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 02-17-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: added info and my smiley
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

Ran out of real estate at 700 feet. Then I hit a tree branch in the grass and flipped. Long walk. Lost sound (Slash 4x4) at about 250 feet.

Range testing [alone] inevitably ends one way - BADLY.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Range testing [alone] inevitably ends one way - BADLY.
    I did say bring a friend with you to range test....

Oh yeah, I forgot, your a moderator, they aren't allowed friends are they? j/k

You know I'm joking here.....
    Robin Williams

Gotcha - I was attempting to agree with your instruction to have a friend help you since alone... well, I said that already.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Gotcha - I was attempting to agree with your instruction to have a friend help you since alone... well, I said that already.
    ksbr1rl,
    I was just trying to get a laugh. My weird thoughts, I was invisioning someone trying to press the controller and run to the other side of the field to see if it worked....... I would love to see a youtube of that one.... loll

But on the serious side of things. Anytime you make any changes to your electronics, or you have disassembled, re-assembled, cleaned, repaired.... A field check is always a good idea.... Then again so is a Throttle Return Spring and a good failsafe if not already built into the radio system....
    Robin Williams

Preach, brotha'!

BTW, I had one of the 1st-gen (gray) Traxxas 2.4GHz radios with my ERBE. I got about 850 feet out of it (standing on a 6'-high mound) before discretion got the better part of me. At that range there is a definite delay between pulling the trigger and hearing (when you can at all) the results of said trigger pull. It's a bit disconcerting.

RC Champion
    i took mine to the point of thinking hmmm thats a bit far so stopped and brought it back and that was after the metal sleeve had came off but managed to get it back on.my first test was in the house where i put the emaxx touching the bottom step closed the doors went outside about 50yards down the street pulled the trigger for a split second went back to see if it moved and it had.i wanted to do a range test on it maybe next week i will.