RC Competitor

Help with rear toe links!

I keep breaking the rear toe links. They keep pulling out of the chassis mounting point leaving the hollowball in place. When it pulls out i have no control over the car. i broke 3 today. the 3rd snap caused the car to go full speed into the curb. there was nothing me or the gyro could do to save it. The crash snapped the rear pillow ball inside the control arm. and destroyed the knuckle. no idea how to get the broken bit out..................im so frustrated

RC Qualifier
    Time for new a arms and toe links?
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Competitor
    yes but its happens in less than a min of running on smooth asphalt it doesn't make sense. Im sure its not binding because i check it when i installed it. im thinking its a faulty part. the original green rod has been run in very cold weather and run pretty hard it broke no biggie but the replacements just fail and fail and fail and it doesn't matter if its the left or right side. they just fail!!

RC Qualifier
    what knuckles do you run? and have you thought about getting stronger toe links? That's really frustrating though, hopefully you can figure out what's causing it.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Competitor
    Ive been replacing it with the stock knuckles.... Im going to order a set of rpm tonite. i just took a look at my last spare (unused) toe link and it looks like its going to do the same thing it has a faint line right where the other two cracked. i think i should call Traxxas

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    How do you do that? Ive never seen that before. Time for some aluminum links IMO.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    How do you do that? Ive never seen that before. Time for some aluminum links IMO.
    it happened on 2s and 3s. today was my first time trying to do speed runs. i would roll out get to a decent speed and then lay in it. I find it weird im having this problem i cant make any sense out of it other than a faulty batch of parts. wouldn't aluminum links just put a bandaid on the prob if my car is the prob. Maybe I have some super special KB with a hand built motor. I gotta crack jokes because im not happy.

Please watch the language. If you see *s in your posts, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-23-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itzstress View Post
    i think i should call Traxxas
    That would be an excellent course of action. The breaks look a little unusual.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Those breaks are from pulling, not pushing... this has to be from the wheel being cranked forward. Theres no way this can happen under acceleration only... there has to be some other force at work.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Those breaks are from pulling, not pushing... this has to be from the wheel being cranked forward. Theres no way this can happen under acceleration only... there has to be some other force at work.
    I cant drive in reverse because of the gyro so thats not it. At the end of the run i would hit the brakes like normal 3s seems to have more braking force than 2s. the front would dip and the nose would drag on the ground. ksb51rl i used a common acronym but i understand.