Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    I emailed them Internet stores isnt always telling the truth on theire stock quantity.

They managed to find a silver one (perhaps more for all i know), and they sendt it today..

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys any news from those who are using the RCsolutions roll cage???? are you still braking bulkheads? if not, what are you breaking now? post some pics so we can all understand where the force is delivered now if not to the bulkheads?
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by uninterrc View Post
    Hey guys any news from those who are using the RCsolutions roll cage???? are you still braking bulkheads? if not, what are you breaking now? post some pics so we can all understand where the force is delivered now if not to the bulkheads?
    I haven't replaced a bulkhead since I installed my rcsolutions rollcage (3 years ago)...granted I'm not beating my truck to death like I used too but I doubt you'll break another bulk during normal use. Now if your doing big air jumps or plowing into a tree at 40 mph don't be surprised if you break something but the rcsolutions rollcage definitely increases the amount of force needed to break the bulks by a very healthy margin. As to where the force is transferred if the bulks and chassis can't flex as easily? I guess you could rip the front or rear bumpers and body post towers off in a hard enough impact?
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Thats good to hear because i wouldnt want to have to mod more bulkheads.

Its a lot better than breaking bulkheads
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Champion
    Thats good to hear because i wouldnt want to have to mod more bulkheads.

Its a lot better than breaking bulkheads
    yep, and I have had lst2 diffs in my erbe for over two years now so my bulks are weaker than stock in that area as well.
    Last edited by candy76man; 10-14-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Even better.....so how are the lst diffs holding up? what is the most fragile part in the there, i would like to buy extra parts for the diff what do you suggest? Shall i buy an aluminium diff cup, the one that mounts on the ring gear?
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

My Losi diffs are holding up awesome to the abuse my truck goes under. I have the plastic heavy duty diff cup in mine...so far no issues.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    My Losi diffs are holding up awesome to the abuse my truck goes under. I have the plastic heavy duty diff cup in mine...so far no issues.
    Mine are the stock plastic cup as well, no problems at all so far but I guess aluminum cups would make them even stronger. They can definitely take a lot more abuse than the stock diffs at any rate. If your up to the modding required it's very much worth the time and money considering the cost of the truck to begin with.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

+1 to that mate...best mod I have done so far on my truck; wish I had done it sooner.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I have done it already, i just need to sort out the lst axles, to make them fit inside the rpm rear axles and stock at the front. I got the bearings i need now i have to go back home and see if it will work. iam in the UK right now studying. i hope i will manage to go back during xmas with all this work.

i might as well buy the plastic heavy duty or hot racing aluminium one. drive train should be bulletproof. i have also bought some CEN genesis/gst axles to test them out but i have no idea if they will fit, i think the length is alright.

btw how many S are you guys runnning on?
    Last edited by uninterrc; 10-14-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

I have done it already, i just need to sort out the lst axles, to make them fit inside the rpm rear axles and stock at the front. I got the bearings i need now i have to go back home and see if it will work. iam in the UK right now studying. i hope i will manage to go back during xmas with all this work.

i might as well buy the plastic heavy duty or hot racing aluminium one. drive train should be bulletproof. i have also bought some CEN genesis/gst axles to test them out but i have no idea if they will fit, i think the length is alright.

btw how many S are you guys runnning on?
    6s mate...no issues since doing this mod with my diffs.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    where did you get the rc solution cage? they dont have any stock
    nahh 6s to mainstream 8s with a ********* 1/5 esc

RC Champion
    So i have something for you guys... if my gallery is working.

I kept getting breakages on big jumps as well.
    So after looking at MC pictures in his thread I realized i could do exactly what he did to his rear bulkhead.

I added a 4mm screw through the chassis and out through the skid plate. Then placed a lock nut on the end. It is relatively simple and has been working great with plenty of abuse. The end result is a bulkhead that sits very tight with the chassis.

Use a 9/64 bit. Anything bigger will remove the 4mm threads already there.
    If you look close at the hole the drill bit is sitting in, you can see a good bit of plastic material around it. That means it is a great spot to get some reinforcement from.

I counter sunk this with a very dull 1/2" drill bit.

Just enough clearance not to catch

I added a washer behind the nut to give even more strength.

Hopefully it helps some of you all that are breaking bulkheads.
    Last edited by anr2442; 10-15-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post

So after looking at MC pictures in his thread I realized i could do exactly what he did to his rear bulkhead.

I added a 4mm screw through the chassis and out through the skid plate. Then placed a lock nut on the end. It is relatively simple and has been working great with plenty of abuse. The end result is a bulkhead that sits very tight with the chassis.
    Thanks for sharing that info mate...very handy. So far with the Losi mod I have cracked a front bulk head in half. The rears have been holding up well so far.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post

Thanks, I will be adding that mod to my list.

So you drilled a hole on the chassis and the bulkheads but not through the centre skid plate, you used the hole thats already there right? I dont have my e-revo here so i cant give it a thought by looking at it.
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Racer
    Only bulkhead i ever broke was from hitting a soccer goal at high speed. Is the bulkheads you guys are breaking dremeled out to fit the losi diff?

Yip mine is...Only broken a front one so far...I think it was from nose diving off some big jumps...driver error I suppose.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Yip mine is...Only broken a front one so far...I think it was from nose diving off some big jumps...driver error I suppose.
    Do you have an rc solutions roll cage on your erevo?
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

Do you have an rc solutions roll cage on your erevo?
    I had one...didn't like it; made my truck to heavy and difficult to work on. I ended up selling it.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Did you notice any difference in handling when you were running the RC solutions cage?
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

Did you notice any difference in handling when you were running the RC solutions cage?
    To be honest...no mate!! My driving skills have improved somewhat significantly since then too. I also have front and rear sway bar kit installed; its probably stiffened up the chassis slightly.
    Rock n Rolla !