RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Argue the Pede aint a winner NOW!!!

So, Im not crazy about thejang... but I have to give credit where its due... he has proven the pede is so much more than a "short slash" with this project and subsequent race. We all knew it all along, but now everyone else does too...

Let the haters argue this one:

Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    i have to admit... sick!

RC Qualifier
    When I saw this truck annouced, one word came to mind. Awesome-sauce.

Its slathered in it eh.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I haven't owned 24 rc cars but the pede so far is the most fun I've had in rc. It just works! I'm done with complicated rc vehicles. "KISS" is my new motto.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Darn it all!!!!!!! He beet me to it!!! This was the basis for Blue Buyou! Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!! I was gonna list it as the first puggy. Just can't catch a brake lately.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    He thinks outside the box and reacts quick that's for sure lol.

Guess I do get to be the first..... the first to be cranky about it. Sorry guys, I'll get over it.. man its as awsome as I had pictured too. I was dropping buggy bods on it at the track last friday night trying to find a cool look. He didn't have proline bulldog I was looking for so I still haven't posted the new look. I know, i know, no pic and it never happened. Man it looks awsome.

So, Im not crazy about thejang...
    Man if I expressed my feelings on this I would have to turn around and give myself warning points. After the last Traxxas bashing thread I got involved in there I asked The Jang to delete my account.

The configuration and footage of that Pede on the track sure looked good...no outstanding.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Just awesome! I cant wait to bash on dry ground! I've only seen snow.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    The hek with my slash. Pede chassis ordered

I do really like the look of this. But honestly think a Slash setup the same way would be faster on a track. I don't want to burst any bubbles, but it's not like it was just an idea that popped into his head. http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117229 I'm sure he was just waiting on the oppurtunity.

But he, as usual put it together quite nicely, and knows how to do a correct track setup. As far as the track footage, even with my limited experience I can say, generally racing is 90% driver. OK maybe in this case 70% since alot of the others were nitro.

I'm glad to see this, though. I was thinking people were gonna try to give me grief over running a ST body
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

I went over to URC and watched the vid of the whole race. The puggy (great name dread!) was able to leave the corners under power earlier than any other truck on the track.rMan that guy could drive. He overcame 3 crashes(one where a sleeping marshal let it turtle for about 8 seconds), and actually waited (2 times!)for the leader to catch up when the leader wrecked while trading paint with him. He won fair and square. No bones about it, that truck was perfect for that track.

Doesnt matter IMO if a slash would be faster or not... the point being made is that the Stampede is not only a great basher, but an excellent base for a racer also. People will argue that the shorter chassis would make it less stable or something... but obviously, this is a good enough platform to be competitive in stock chassis trim. The slash 4X4 is a slash... it would be put up against other SC trucks... the pede is not an SC truck so in race trip it goes up against other truggies. I love that its so versatile.

Dont worry asheck... I run an ST body on mine and everyone so far has loved it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The hek with my slash. Pede chassis ordered
    Gigitie gigity....aaalright

I guess, to me, his original Pede video showed that it was good around a track, in stock form. I saw this video displaying driver skills, not truck superiority. That guy could have been in a Stock Pede, and I don't think it would matter. Which yes, does show the Pede is capable around a track. Like he said, this was a cosmetic upgrade. IOW IMO the Stampede has always been a winner This just shows how much, with a great driver.

My point with saying if a Slash was setup the same way, meaning as a 1/10 scale truggy, they would be in the same class. At least that's what I was told mine would be in, in it's modded "truggy" form.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

Do you guys think he shortened that bulldog body to make it fit? I would think the bulldog body would be much longer... also, how did he get that wing on there... looks kindof good. I dont like the bulldog bodies on the 1/8 truggies because the look to short up front and too long out back... this one looks far more balanced.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    It's just a 1/10th BackSlash, if you think about it. Doesn't make it less awesome though.

I'd like to see the Jang make a competitive crawler out of the Pede 4x4 chassis.

RC Champion
    His video causes me to seriously consider buying a pede 4x4 for myself. It just looks sick!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    My Pede 4x4 arrived on Tuesday. First hobby grade RC I have owned in 20 years. Pede 4x4 brought me back. The video makes me even more excited to own the Pede 4x4. Can't wait to see what else The "Jang" has in store for the Pede 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Ive never wanted to race until i saw that vid! The pede would be an AWESOME track car... If it broke, the parts are cheap. Unlike my ERBE.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Do you guys think he shortened that bulldog body to make it fit? I would think the bulldog body would be much longer... also, how did he get that wing on there... looks kindof good. I dont like the bulldog bodies on the 1/8 truggies because the look to short up front and too long out back... this one looks far more balanced.
    It's actually the body for the Ofna Hyper 10TT.

-melon

RC Competitor
    Hah, I was going to post this vid as soon as I saw it. But I didn't want to be accused of being a Jang lover :P

I think the Pede 4x4 is going to be the new flavor of the month.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    New proud owner mine will arrive Monday.

RC Champion
    all i can say is he took his time. and to everyone that wants to do the same. you should of already done it by now. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC poster
    Uhm, the Novak motor counts as a mod...don't it?

Thought is was bone-stock save for adjustments,tweaks and the body...?

Why then is it showing an HV motor from Novak and a MMPesc?
    That certainly would change things a bit....

not saying the vid ain't neat and that i don't dig the project, but i would certainly not call it "cosmetic" only / Good mechanic-ing / good driving.

As for Jangs' Vids, always beyond reproach, well...except this time, sorta...

IMO, a motor/ESC upgrade is not as extreme an upgrade as many other things are. These days its just too easy to swap out one and install another. Not to mention, a VXL in the same truck would probably perform extremely well on a track VS other 1/10 vehicles... this truck raced against 1/8 vehicles.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Good Point.

RC Enthusiast
    does any one know what u have to do to make this? i read the build on urc but it didnt really go into detail.

thedreadedend is working on a very similar truck. But in reality a set of body mounts, a body and a wing with some new tires and wheels woudl get you real close. the cool part about this truck is how stock it really is.

The body is a Bulldog for an associated T4... not sure what the wing was from... In his build, The Jang used wheel adapters and SC wheels/tires I believe but you could get a set of the new Proline 2.8 Bowties on traxxas 2.8 All Star wheels and it would be very similar. I think using a slash 4X4 front body mount and figuring out your own setup for the rear is all thats needed to get the body to fit.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    thedreadedend is working on a very similar truck. But in reality a set of body mounts, a body and a wing with some new tires and wheels woudl get you real close. the cool part about this truck is how stock it really is.

The body is a Bulldog for an associated T4... not sure what the wing was from... In his build, The Jang used wheel adapters and SC wheels/tires I believe but you could get a set of the new Proline 2.8 Bowties on traxxas 2.8 All Star wheels and it would be very similar. I think using a slash 4X4 front body mount and figuring out your own setup for the rear is all thats needed to get the body to fit.
    Its even easier than that. Mine was bone stock with Traxxas Battery posts for the front body post, a 4tec front body post in the rear (i used an existing hole i the chassis), a "LowwwSeeee" (lol) Truggy wing mount, and a 1/10th or 1/12th scale off road wing (I use a 1/12th scale Truggy wing now). I use a center diff, too.
    There is no need for adaptors...run any old Short Course tires and wheels...the car is very well balanced....

RC Champion
    Man I wish I could get paint to stick, Thats SICK

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Meal View Post
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what body is that???

RC Racer
    Man both TheJang's and Happy Meal's trucks are sick I'm having a hard time deciding between an E-Revo, Slash, or the Pede 4x4 and do this mod to it. Arghhh!! Decisions, decisions.
    Not Cal.
    Castle Creations Rusty

RC Racer
    That that is cool not super wow.
    I would like to see a parts list.

** 2 new shapes on urc **
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???