RC Competitor

Integy Super Heatsink Cooling Fan

I found an Integy Super Heat Sink Cooling Fan made for the rally car today and was wandering what your thoughts are on it. It is a motor heatsink assembly with attached fan and BEC connector and BEC pigtail. My question is does the BEC directly get plugged into the receiver or does it hook up a different way. Does anyone have any experience with this product?
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I had one on my rally before i went Big Block... it plugs directly into the battery port on the RX and runs whenever the ESC is turned on. Seemed to work good for me... looks nice too. One of the few integy parts I actually recommend.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    First off I have never tried this myself. But looking at this from an engineering perspective it seems to be a horrible design all for looks (it does look pretty) and not for function. The heat sink, if you could even call it that, looks to be pretty much just a chunk of aluminum with barely an attempt to add fins to dissipate heat and then a fan not on the motor but on the new hunk of aluminum you just added. I have yet to see anything from them that I would want on my car.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    does anyone have a link to this? Thanks....
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

this is the exact one I have.

Integy 1/16 heatsink and cooling fan.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the link, does that plug right into the stock 2channel RX?
    Castle powered Spartan
    KB Gymkhana
    Rustler vxl

Yes, it plugs into the "batt" plug on the RX and runs at all times when the ESC is turned on.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    thats the exact one I am talking about. Is the wire long enough to be tucked away nicely and still go into the waterproof receiver box and does that have to be chopped up?
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

The plug is more than long enough to go right through the opening where the servo wires go and into the RX... it all still remains waterproof and looks nice and neat when its installed. Heres a pic:

Best pics I could find... but you get the idea.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    remember to use a thermal adhesive to transfer the heat up into the actual fan like the following.
    http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm
    1/16 Rally and 1/16 Summit

RC Competitor
    I went ahead and ordered one this morning. I hope it does a good job!! I'm sure it can't hurt it any.
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Racer
    i've been running and integy one with dual fans on my slash 4x4 and so far seems to be working good. i'll get one for my rally too.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    First off I have never tried this myself. But looking at this from an engineering perspective it seems to be a horrible design all for looks (it does look pretty) and not for function. The heat sink, if you could even call it that, looks to be pretty much just a chunk of aluminum with barely an attempt to add fins to dissipate heat and then a fan not on the motor but on the new hunk of aluminum you just added. I have yet to see anything from them that I would want on my car.
    I just got one, have not installed yet, but its not a fan that just blows on a hunk of aluminum. there's a big open area under the fan, so its blowing directly on the motor. So in theory, from an engineering pov. It should work.

Sent from my HTC Droid using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I ordered 2 of them yesterday
    3-2wd Stampedes

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by tha-mule View Post
    I just got one, have not installed yet, but its not a fan that just blows on a hunk of aluminum. there's a big open area under the fan, so its blowing directly on the motor. So in theory, from an engineering pov. It should work.

Sent from my HTC Droid using Tapatalk
    I have one on my rally and it keeps the temps lower than stock. But... it could be made to be much more efficient. Although there is an open are under the fan, it is enclosed. There is no where for the air that the fan is blowing in to go. I drilled 2 holes on each side of the sink to let the air escape. Before, my motor was getting to 165 on 1 3s pack. now it never gets over 135-145 pack after pack after pack. This was at about 40 outside, and drilled the holes right in the parking lot I was running in. If you will be running in hot temps in the summer, I would drill some breather holes.

RC Competitor
    I just received my fan and went to install it and I think there is a problem. I plugged it into the receiver and it blows out the top rather than on the motor. Is this correct? Does it suck the heat away from the motor? I thought it was suppose to blow onto the motor. I'm confused.
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothie7 View Post
    I just received my fan and went to install it and I think there is a problem. I plugged it into the receiver and it blows out the top rather than on the motor. Is this correct? Does it suck the heat away from the motor? I thought it was suppose to blow onto the motor. I'm confused.
    I have the same thing goin on with mine that I just got, I put it on my rally that was once a merv, haven't ran it enough to see if lowers the temps with it sucking rather then blowing on the the motor

RC Competitor
    the more I think about it, it kind of makes sense. The fan is going to help extract the heat from the motor.
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Qualifier
    Kind of my thoughts as well. been so cold here in MN, hard to get accurate temps, since the cold weather keeps em super low any way.

RC Competitor
    Just an update....I installed the fan this past weekend and used it on Saturday. It works amazing!! It dropped my motor temp by 20+ degrees. I highly recommend this part
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Racer
    I run a heatsink/fan combo from the Toyz. It has more surface contact than the Integy heatsink, and the fins are much more open to allow better air flow. I have seen pretty dramatic drops in temps since installing.

Here's a pic

just ordered mine!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeltiKrewser View Post
    I run a heatsink/fan combo from the Toyz. It has more surface contact than the Integy heatsink, and the fins are much more open to allow better air flow. I have seen pretty dramatic drops in temps since installing.

Here's a pic
    I would def recommend this style over the integy. Much more open design. My fan blows in?
    It is much better to have the fan blowing the cool air directly on the heat source.

Do you have a link?

RC Racer
    Here you go LINKY LINKY
    That is a link to the Blue one, I think they offer them in Blue Red and Silver.

RC Racer
    if you want to change the way the fan blows just flip it over and put it back on the heat sink
    1/16 summit(stock)

RC Enthusiast
    I've got the same heatsink + fan from the TheToyz since yesterday. My motor was much cooler than the other rally's which had the same driving time.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    this is the exact one I have.

Integy 1/16 heatsink and cooling fan.
    this is the same one i bought. ive having second thought though after looking at the one from toyzs ? any input ?
    KB Rally
    Slash
    HPI 5B

RC Racer
    drill two holes on each side of the heatsink and it will work just fine
    1/16 summit(stock)